What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 other games...

Frenzy.

Immortal
This has been a great game. Who are we backing?

I'm going with Junior Tautola to get a 43 metre FG

snout

First Grade
That weird feeling when you find out the team you going for is not the team you tipped
Changing who you cheer for mid game is like turning the glass over before the sand has run out
Another reason l dont go in tipping comps.
The teams l want to win and the teams l think will win dont marry up so lm barracking for both and neither

Another reason l dont go in tipping comps.
The teams l want to win and the teams l think will win dont marry up so lm barracking for both and neither
I was the same.
Before last season I hadn't gone into a tipping comp since 2006.
That year I was in my local pubs one, I was miles ahead of everyone and then I had a falling out with the organiser of it.
Everyone knew that I tipped the Sharks every round but then the infamous 10 in a row losses with Raper occurred. One guy started catching me, and seemed to always pick games that I missed, he was best mates with the organiser. In the last game of the round he was actually one game ahead so it was on between him and I.
I changed tactics for surprise and just picked all home games, I put my tips in by email and went to the pub. The organiser said to me that its going to be a great finish as we'd chosen plenty of different games.
The other guy came into the pub an hour later and couldn't hide his happiness and blurted out to me, "I chose every home game!"
I knew I'd been had. By choosing exactly what I did he was guaranteed to win, and the fact the organiser lied to me about the picks sealed what I suspected. He'd been feeding his mate my picks so he'd be able to beat me.
I refused to take the second prize, it was $450. I wouldn't go to the pub, I wouldn't take their phone calls. I let it be known to my mates why.
About 6 months later I went there for a beer and feed with some other friends, they saw me and couldn't get the cash into my hands quick enough. I took my friends out to another pub and shouted them beers until it ran out.
It left a sour taste in my mouth about tipping comps.

snout

First Grade
Tipping comps.
I reckon theres a book there for someone who wants to write.
I stopped entering about 12 years ago. The woman at work who wouldnt know steve rogers from barrack abama won 2 years in a row. Her strategy - picked the better guersey.
I have a horror story as well. About 20 or so years ago. Another work tipping comp.
I led the whole year. Which sounds good but the pressure takes all the enjoyment out of watching a rounds games. A woman at work had her husband - who didnt work there doing her tips. He was on my arse the whole year and was 1 off going into the final round. l had a shocker. Even to the point where North sydney who were in the semis got beaten by the gold coast who l dont think win another game. Jason taylor hit the post at the death with a kick that wouldve won them the game and me the tipping comp.
Still scarred.

Craigshark

First Grade
Tipping comps.
I reckon theres a book there for someone who wants to write.
I stopped entering about 12 years ago. The woman at work who wouldnt know steve rogers from barrack abama won 2 years in a row. Her strategy - picked the better guersey.
I have a horror story as well. About 20 or so years ago. Another work tipping comp.
I led the whole year. Which sounds good but the pressure takes all the enjoyment out of watching a rounds games. A woman at work had her husband - who didnt work there doing her tips. He was on my arse the whole year and was 1 off going into the final round. l had a shocker. Even to the point where North sydney who were in the semis got beaten by the gold coast who l dont think win another game. Jason taylor hit the post at the death with a kick that wouldve won them the game and me the tipping comp.
Still scarred.

tipping comp I’m in runs different competitions each round for extra prizes. Easter weekend was to pick the combined total score of all games played. The person who picked it or was closest to win $300. I picked 348 points. The score was 349 until Blake Ferguson scored after the siren against the tigers in the final game of the round. Another bloke had picked 354 and won the cash. I think it’s called cronullafied

shadowboxer

First Grade
Ever been in a comp where the administration running the comp is always top4 or thereabouts...
I stopped gambling post being a tipping comps for years -‘same same mugs game

snout

First Grade
Good one l heard of was this:
No more than 5 or 6 tippers in the comp.
Everyone puts in $5 a week and picks ONE game only and tips the winner.
If youre right you take the pool...but ONLY if theres no other winners.
If more than one winner or nobody wins the pool jackpots.
It starts off with everyone taking the obvious winner such as Storm to beat Bulldogs however because others took it nobody wins - so after a few weeks when the jackpot pool is lucrative guys start getting strategic with their games and winners.

Latest posts