What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 PF 1 Sat - Melbourne 6-10 Penrith @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

azza29

Juniors
Penrith barely scraped by last night, don’t seem to have stepped up their game for finals and are still playing like it’s the regular season. If they can find their finals gear this will be a cracking contest. If not, Storm by 25, including a cheeky field goal in the 79th minute.

Billythekid

First Grade
When we play the Storm, we will really start to show our true colours. IMO, we are the side that has the only realistic chance to defeat the storm, because of our brutal and relentless defense.

Both Souths or Manly fans are begging us to beat this mob on Saturday night because at least they'll be able to rest a lot easier if we can deal with the Storm.

Panthers 24-14.

I agree with this mostly. I think the most likely scenario will be a really close game though I do think if the storm get an early lead it could blow out somewhat.

The big question is how well panthers bounce back from 2 brutal games in a row with the storm coming in fresh. I think both sides are fairly even but storm do have a big advantage coming in.

Refs will do anything and everything to get Penrith over the line in this one.

If anything the storm being the in the GF is better for ratings. Listening to this forum you’d think every single game is rigged against every si

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If anything the storm being the in the GF is better for ratings. Listening to this forum you’d think every single game is rigged against every si

Nah, just when Melbourne and the Sombreros are involved. Coincidentally the only two clubs in the comp with the biggest problem of precarious supporter bases other than the Titans. Just coincidentally.

BranVan3000

Coach
Penrith barely scraped by last night, don’t seem to have stepped up their game for finals and are still playing like it’s the regular season. If they can find their finals gear this will be a cracking contest. If not, Storm by 25, including a cheeky field goal in the 79th minute.
Disagree

Their intensity was a step up again from the Souths game

It was close because Parra made it close

Yet to see if Storm can bring that defensive intensity

The_Frog

First Grade
A lot of teams over the course of history have just scraped by. The Storm in their first premiership win did it 3 weeks running.

The_Frog

First Grade
I’d really like to go for Penrith from here but I can’t possibly bring myself to while Gus Gould continues to French Kiss the fart box of the entire club and pretty much refuse to admit their flaws. I sincerely hope Melbourne put 30+ on them.
Gus has no connection to Panthers these days. What Gus says is irrelevant, he's just a supporter since his club ran last. It's whether or not the players and coaching staff admit to their flaws that matters. They don't have to broadcast them to the world, either. Do you see Bellyache admitting to flaws publicly?

Exsilium

First Grade
Penrith 13+

The loss in week one of the finals was exactly what they needed.

Parramatta played well and it could have gone the other way but the football gods gave the Panthers another stab. On paper, we’re not as good as the Storm but I feel an upset coming on.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Gus has no connection to Panthers these days. What Gus says is irrelevant, he's just a supporter since his club ran last. It's whether or not the players and coaching staff admit to their flaws that matters. They don't have to broadcast them to the world, either. Do you see Bellyache admitting to flaws publicly?

100% he has nothing to do with the club which is partly why it’s so frustrating he continues to judge them with rose coloured glasses. They have been magnificent this year and were again last night but he still seems to refuse to point out any flaws. He helped build the club from ground zero and he already gets a lot of credit for it (and rightly so) but he wants to see them win the comp just so he can justify his smug attitude towards them and continue to sniff his own farts for the rest of his life.

TheRiff

Juniors
100% he has nothing to do with the club which is partly why it’s so frustrating he continues to judge them with rose coloured glasses. They have been magnificent this year and were again last night but he still seems to refuse to point out any flaws. He helped build the club from ground zero and he already gets a lot of credit for it (and rightly so) but he wants to see them win the comp just so he can justify his smug attitude towards them and continue to sniff his own farts for the rest of his life.

He wanted Bennett here as coach, So even Souffs winning will see that

some11

Referee
How this game will go in a gif:

matrix-neo.gif

Latest posts