What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Preliminary Semifinal V Storm

DinkyDi

Juniors
It was overall a good tough game. I honestly feel this is Penriths time. It is their window. Not to say they won't continue to be strong but Capewell,TPJ and Burton all leave. Juniors will come in but they are big holes to fill.
Apparently some of the juniors are better than the soon to be departed players. Some say that origin was disruptive, and it was, however, that experience helped.

snickers007

Juniors
So watching the highlights (again) anyone else think sorrenson running down hughs is akin to Scotties tackle? Both stopped a try that would have most likley lost us the game. Scotties was. A little more important as it was a grand final.

Was a big play in the context of the game.

Those are the kind of situations that normally go right for Melbourne and turn into points.

maple_69

Bench
Will need to rewatch that one. Was way to absorbed to really watch objectively and remember who did what.

As a whole though we came out with the attitude of a team after revenge and put Melbourne on tilt. That ferocious start was crucial and you could see the errors creep in and little things that always go their way just not happening. For them to continually shred our line only for someone to cover every time was incredible. The best attacking team in modern history managed 1 arsey try. Wow.

Black Diamond

Juniors
So watching the highlights (again) anyone else think sorrenson running down hughs is akin to Scotties tackle? Both stopped a try that would have most likley lost us the game. Scotties was. A little more important as it was a grand final.
Was outstanding. Sorrenson and Capewell
have come to our club pretty much unwanted anywhere and have become fabulous additions to the Mighty Penrith Panthers.

mxlegend99

Referee
So proud of how we played. The defence this finals series is incredible. Who would have thought 4 tries in 3 games would take us to a grand final?

With a busted roster I gave us no chance yesterday. Storm fresh off a weeks rest with their strongest roster of the year. With 54% possession. Winning 6 agains and penalty count while getting away with laying over us even longer than we could on them. That's all recipe for us getting smashed.

Yet we just kept turning up in defence. If only our attack would click into gear and we could get through a game comfortably. These past 2 weeks have been insanely tense knowing we're gone if we lose.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I'm loving reading how all the butt hurt Storm supporters saying Rabbits will smash us next week. Salty pricks.

Its wasn't the big dance but geez it felt good to knock those smug bastards off their pedestal. They all thought they had it wrapped up before a ball was kicked, as Bellamy said " they didn't see it coming" it was the ultimate ambush, denying the Storm the opportunity for back to back premierships. Love it!

Hope the pain they are feeling really stings just like it did for us last year. This is the ultimate revenge. Bring on the big one.

Hairy Hamburger

Juniors
We have to be brutal early in defence. So much so that their next carrier lifts his eyes to see who is going to flatten him. Need Storm to make mistakes on the back of our big hits.
Bomb the hell out of Jennings and Paps and drive them back really hard. Destroy their confidence. Mistakes will come. We need to use our 2003 Team catch cry. " ONE CHANCE "

Storm kick early and often to Addo Carr's side. We need to watch out for this. Storm also play with a very tight compressed defence. There is room around or smart kicks by Cleary behind their line to test them. Keep them guessing.

Again, we can win via or defence being brutal by putting them off their game.
Most saw how fragile Paps was when he returned. Give him something to think about Boys. Love to see Martin really lift and smash someone, then stand over them expressionless with absolute Demon eyes.

All about killing their confidence. Look how shell shocked they were in GF last year when we finally made a charge.
They barely hung on because we took the game that they play away from them. We killed their momentum. Storm do not like this, neither does Bellamy. I want to see him blow his f**king fuse. Even he can be put off.
There is no point wondering what we could of done afterwards. JUST f**king do it. You wanna play the GF, then leave nothing in your tank.

DISRUPTION. DISRUPTION. DISRUPTION.
Play the grind and the Storm win. Upsetting their rhythm is the key. This will lift our self belief.
THEY CAN BE BEAT AND WE CAN DO IT.

PANTHER PRIDE.

OH, DID I MENTION, BE BRUTAL !!!
Bloody love it when a plan comes together.
Well played Boys. Brutal defence killed the Storm troopers. So proud of you guys.
Only 1 more win now.

Pomoz

Bench

Yet we just kept turning up in defence. If only our attack would click into gear and we could get through a game comfortably. These past 2 weeks have been insanely tense knowing we're gone if we lose.
I kid you not, my wife got up and went behind the sofa "I can't watch it anymore it's too intense" she said. I laughed my head off. I used to do that when I was a kid and doctor Who was on.

I get what she meant though. It was physically draining just watching it.

Smug Panther

First Grade
In a weird way I hate that Sattler tackle as it gets all the attention. The real moment of the match is Priddis' cut-out ball to Rooney

Pomoz

Bench
Just on Sorrenson's amazing chase, Hughes looked gassed to me. In fact, it looked to me like the Storm really were struggling in the heat and intensity of the game. We, on the other hand, were looking stronger as the game went on. I have to tip my hat to the strength and conditioning team, they have this team in peak physical condition.

As for toughness, To'o on one leg belts out 213m. Cleary has played the entire finals series busted up. It clearly hampers his movement and agility and causes him pain in tackles. Yet he still runs at the line and gets smashed and he still makes tackles on the big boppers. These two are just so tough in an understated way.

There was only one Storm forward who bested us yesterday and it was Asofa-Solomona. He threatened to break through a number of times. We should be grateful he doesn't have a good engine like Fish or he would be unstoppable. Thankfully, after a few runs he is gassed.

I loved the TPJ Welsh match up. I am sure he will keep his gob shut next time instead of talking about going after Cleary. I hope TPJ is Ok for the final, he deserves a spot.