What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Preliminary Semifinal V Storm

hindy111

Post Whore
Staines just doesn't like the collision. I don't see him at the club for 2022 tbh. I see him getting a release.
Edwards is the fullback and Critchton will be next. Too has wing spot and May will get the other. Momorski would be cheap amd is needed in a squad full of stars.

Iamback

Coach
Not sure you can include TPJ leaving as a big deal, he’s hardly been with us.

Capewell and Burton harder shoes to fill. Crichton will move back to the centres, so it’s actually a wing spot that will be filled.
Crichton will go back to left centre we he should of been all season

MrBlack

Juniors
My favourite moment was Chreighton takling Olam on our try line. if you look closely he turns him over and drags the ball over the tryline and apeals to the ref for “held up”. This buys us valuable time to reset the defensive line while the storm had to go back 10m to play the ball.

Little details like that win big games. that and Scott “the rig” Sorrensons massive chase.

Hard to hate on Momirovski when we're winning on defence and he's a great defender.

One of the reasons we’re winning on defence is because our right side attack is average, so it mostly goes left. Makes it easier for the defence to read.

Of course he’s a great defender, but he’s a handbrake in attack.

Iamback

Coach
He likely will.

Have concerns about our right side attack next year, though. But that can wait, there’s a GF to win!

Capewell offers very little in attack. We can cover what he offers
Momo is 40 games in. Across 4 clubs so there would still be improvement there.

The unknown is the rookies that were carving up NSW Cup pre shutdown - I wouldn't rule out any of Salmon, Turuva, Jenkins. Of course we have seen May and Tago in 1st grade.

Not to mention any recruits. Capewell and Sorensen were plodders until we developed them further. No reason we can't get another gem.

That can wait til next week to discuss

Iamback

Coach
One of the reasons we’re winning on defence is because our right side attack is average, so it mostly goes left. Makes it easier for the defence to read.

Of course he’s a great defender, but he’s a handbrake in attack.

It is the whole right side though.
Capewell made a break never looked like passing a few other occasions this year for example the Broncs game. Staines unmarked and Capewell takes the tackle. An edge forward straighting up, drawing and passing will give space and time to the right centre.

Edwards too likes the right side, seems to have the quick tap on or take the tackle

I can't remember any tries scored on the right being basic tries. Either kicks or something crazy like a flick pass or something. Is the next thing needing to evolve

Latest posts