What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R20 Sun - Melbourne 37-10 Penrith @ Suncorp

Round 20: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haffa

I can see we're being written off by a lot of people not just for this game (which I agree we are clearly outsiders in) but also the comp, just because of our form without key players. With no Cleary, Api, JFH and Yeo we're not the same team. People say Storm get the job done regardless of whose out, but that's an extremely rare ability for which the Storm deserve praise rather than other teams should be criticised for and it's a testament to how good a coach Craig Bellamy is.

Nonetheless I'm very confident in Penrith's ability with a full strength side and the record shows we haven't lost this year when at full strength. Hopefully we can really compete or even upset Melbourne this weekend but if not, hopefully we don't get pumped too badly and we can reset ourselves when Nathan, Api and Yeo return.
Souffs levels of Baldness excuses.

Munted

Bench
I like how 18 months of good footy from Penrith has turned this entire forum against us.
It took the storm a decade and two sets of contracts to draw the same levels of salt.

Now don't tell me 'it's the fans!'.
Nobody gives a f**k about Melbourne except that storm99/07 chap 😀
There's more Penrith fans to hate!

Either way, will make for a good game day thread with you pelicans on board.
You'll be foaming at the mouth for the 50 thread this week but crying when Melbourne feature in the GF for the fifth time in six years.

mxlegend99

Referee
Storm gonna destroy Panthers. The one thing they had going for them without Cleary is their defence was still good. But they missed a record 69 tackles against the worst attacking team in the competition.

Remove JFH, assume Yeo isn't fit to return and there's no way in hell Storm don't bend them over and have their way with them.

Our goal needs to be keep Storm to less than 50 so we can still be a premiership chance. Normally that would seem easily done. But after last week 50 is definitely very possible for Storm. Although their goal kicking could save us. 10 tries and 6 missed goals for us to be alive still

roofromoz

First Grade
Remember the good old days v Storm where we may jag an early try and lead 6-0 and then get pumped by 40.

Those days may be coming back for a special one off appearance on Saturday.

I'm ready for the rimming.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I can see we're being written off by a lot of people not just for this game (which I agree we are clearly outsiders in) but also the comp, just because of our form without key players. With no Cleary, Api, JFH and Yeo we're not the same team. People say Storm get the job done regardless of whose out, but that's an extremely rare ability for which the Storm deserve praise rather than other teams should be criticised for and it's a testament to how good a coach Craig Bellamy is.

Nonetheless I'm very confident in Penrith's ability with a full strength side and the record shows we haven't lost this year when at full strength. Hopefully we can really compete or even upset Melbourne this weekend but if not, hopefully we don't get pumped too badly and we can reset ourselves when Nathan, Api and Yeo return.
Storm haven't been at full strength for a few weeks but our fringe players are doing a good job

STORM.99/07

Bench
I like how 18 months of good footy from Penrith has turned this entire forum against us.
It took the storm a decade and two sets of contracts to draw the same levels of salt.

You'll be foaming at the mouth for the 50 thread this week but crying when Melbourne feature in the GF for the fifth time in six years.
I have been in this forum for awhile. I have seen Manly,Roosters,Storm and now Panthers being hated. So don't take it to heart Munted..It's just the other team supporters haven't tasted success for awhile but their turn is coming to be hated

Munted

Bench
I have been in this forum for awhile. I have seen Manly,Roosters,Storm and now Panthers being hated. So don't take it to heart Munted..It's just the other team supporters haven't tasted success for awhile but their turn is coming to be hated
I enjoy the bants, just never thought I'd see the day where the poor kids from out west rustle so many jimmies in this joint.
A good thing I guess.

GongPanther

Referee

Tue.

GongPanther

Referee
"If your not in the eight, you've gotta turn up the hate!"

GongPanther

Referee
Storm gonna destroy Panthers. The one thing they had going for them without Cleary is their defence was still good. But they missed a record 69 tackles against the worst attacking team in the competition.

Remove JFH, assume Yeo isn't fit to return and there's no way in hell Storm don't bend them over and have their way with them.

Our goal needs to be keep Storm to less than 50 so we can still be a premiership chance. Normally that would seem easily done. But after last week 50 is definitely very possible for Storm. Although their goal kicking could save us. 10 tries and 6 missed goals for us to be alive still
I hope we get 50 put on us, but I think the Storm would do best in not giving the Panthers any ammo for the finals series by doing so.

We'll write off this game, wait for our players to slowly come back, and it'll be business as usual.

blaza88z

Coach

It's the fans mate (you're not one of them), a select few have acted like any sort of unfortunate circumstance is the NRL with an agenda out to see it that PENRITH can't win, not to mention this tendency by a select few to always turn the conversation into something relating to PENRITH

People dislike Melbourne for obvious reasons (the wrestle, the salary cap cheating, the 20 years of dominance), I feel like people on here dislike Penrith because some of their fans carry on like world class flogs

blaza88z

Coach

What's your take on this game being played at Suncorp?

Surely it's a home ground advantage for Melbourne given how many QLD players they have, fkn PENRITH again copping it dry, when will they get a fair go?

Oh hang on, you're a Melbourne fan, like you give a shit either way, carry on

roofromoz

First Grade

In bad news Brian To'o is out for about 6 weeks.

In better news Tyrone May is also injured for an indefinite period.

pantherz9103

First Grade
What's your take on this game being played at Suncorp?

Surely it's a home ground advantage for Melbourne given how many QLD players they have, fkn PENRITH again copping it dry, when will they get a fair go?

Oh hang on, you're a Melbourne fan, like you give a shit either way, carry on
Panthers fan since 1988 and still got my brown and white jersey from when I was a little kid. Got my first Panthers flag signed by Greg Alexander when I was in primary school. I'm not a Melbourne fan and never have been, I had never even watched them play live until last year. Keep believing in your fantasies though.