What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R22 Fri - Brisbane 20-21 Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 22: Brisbane v Sydney

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I'm just numb to this dogshit now. This isn't the Rugby League I loved growing up. V'landys is the worst thing to happen to it possibly ever.

Big Pete

Referee
Under the current rules it was the right call, but a few months ago when it had to be a reportable offence it shouldn't have been given.

All in all, it was a typical Ashley Klein performance. The Roosters got the majority of the calls, but also had the biggest clanger go against them.

These results happen all the time, the 'better' teams get those calls, a section of the fanbase cries foul and everyone forgets about it the next season because it didn't have a bearing. It won't happen in a Grand Final so there's nothing to be upset about.

Chook Norris

First Grade
The fact that they had to look at the tackle a number of times shows that it was a very tough call either way.
The contact made was minimal and I’m sure we’ll see similar incidents in future in which the Bunker will clear the contact.
Whichever call was made, there was going to be people disagree with it.

I'd day the reason why was because Perenara was looking at the ball and not the contact. Pereneras comments at the time showed he had no idea what it was being referred for ..

blaza88z

Coach
Rhys Kennedy channelled his inner Ashton Sims tonight and only Brisbane/Melbourne fans will know what I am talking about, if we get through that set and make them cart it 80 metres who knows what happens but I guarantee you it wouldn't have been a gift win for them

The guy is the most error riddled forward we have in our team, no wonder Melbourne didn't want him

Valheru

Coach
yeah forget the LB from TKO which led to Teddy's try. All that matters is Tedesco.

No that was all TKO

There was 79 other minutes in the match though mate.

I'm reasonably confident teddy will be a universal 3 point recipient in the roosters sub forum. Who would you give the 3 points to?

nick87

Coach
Glad the roosters won
Think that was the fair and just result. I think both penalties at the death were as the rules are in 2021 but not something im super keen on.

I guess this is just the way the game is now.

Glad the roosters won
Think that was the fair and just result. I think both penalties at the death were as the rules are in 2021 but not something im super keen on.

Mate, the charge down rule is forever old.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This could be the worst Mattty Nayyyyyyyyyyyble promo ever.

Not even Mr Fahrenheit can save it,

Glad the roosters won

I think the Broncos did very well, but the Roosters always seemed like they were the better side, and I was confident that they would win.

I disagree that the two penalties shouldn't have been awarded. The Flegler tackle hit the guy in the head, and that has to be taken out of the game. The Radley tackle was really dangerous, and was definitely a penalty. In the NFL, taking out the standing leg of a kicker is about the worst penalty you can get (it is about the only penalty that effectively turns over possession from one team to the other), and it makes sense because it is a leg breaker. I imagine we wont see Radley again until at least the finals.

Xplozive

Juniors
Thought that was an entertaining game of rugby league.

My takes from it are:

Radley had a dud game. Couple of errors..atleast 1 cold dropped ball and I think he threw a pass on his inside that wasn't on. Or maybe that a pass to him that he got snapped and lost it. The penalty against Albert was fair but also don't feel like there was any malice in it. He was clearly going to charge down the ball but unfortunately took the legs out of Kelly.

Tedesco had a great game buy threw a couple of average passes.

Keighran needs to stay at the roosters. His goalkicking is great

Manu was quiet

Tupou was great

The high shot on toupinoua was fair call. That's a penalty any day of the week this year.

Good on the Broncos for putting in a great effort. Not much else I can say but they were ahead on the scoreboard for most of the game. Roosters were only ahead after that field goal. Roosters probably ended up with a lucky win and I'm happy with that because uppppp the chookies.

*off to drink some more beers*