What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R23 Fri - Penrith 25-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 23: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valheru

Coach
Yeah we've been full strength all year. It's a good thing Mitchell, Murray, Graham and Tatola haven't missed 30% of our season or anything. You're one of the best 2 teams in the comp and will be comfortably favourites, no need for the false aDvErSiTy.

Just to recap, your comment was in response to a PENRITH fan telling a roosters fan how many players they have had missing this year lol

Just to recap, your comment was in response to a PENRITH fan telling a roosters fan how many players they have had missing this year lol
We get it. The Roosters have been unlucky this year with injuries; over 150% of their salary cap is on the sidelines, yada yada yada.

This only leaves room for the player rated the best in the comp by many observers over the past 5 years, the centre that his peers vote the best in the game, probably the best back-rower in the game, a top five prop, a SOO winger from last year and a quality ball player lock (who admittedly seems more intent on doing damage to his opponents by finding new and innovative ways to get suspended than staying on the field for his team-mates).

There are 10 teams in the comp that would kill for that level of adversity. So I am not saying it doesn’t make it hard to compete at the pointy end of the competition but a) can we keep some perspective and b) can we not hear about it Every. Single. Day!!

Two good sides. I know he hasn’t had the best of years, but I rate Sua and when he can’t even make the bench that suggests a quality pack. Should be a cracker of a match

Hopefully it is a good match with no injuries to either side, and at the end of the game we are talking about the players and not the referees.

The_Frog

First Grade
The Panthers 17 named won't be the side that plays. I'd be astounded if JFH isn't in the 17.

yobbo84

First Grade
Two good sides. I know he hasn’t had the best of years, but I rate Sua and when he can’t even make the bench that suggests a quality pack. Should be a cracker of a match

Hopefully it is a good match with no injuries to either side, and at the end of the game we are talking about the players and not the referees.
Su'A has a tendency to rush out of the line looking for a big hit, miss, and cause a linebreak. He has awesome potential but his defence is not dependable for these big games.

Kilkenny

Coach

If theres one thing you can guarantee it is one set of supporters will be complaining about the refs, that is a given.

Valheru

Coach
We get it. The Roosters have been unlucky this year with injuries; over 150% of their salary cap is on the sidelines, yada yada yada.

This only leaves room for the player rated the best in the comp by many observers over the past 5 years, the centre that his peers vote the best in the game, probably the best back-rower in the game, a top five prop, a SOO winger from last year and a quality ball player lock (who admittedly seems more intent on doing damage to his opponents by finding new and innovative ways to get suspended than staying on the field for his team-mates).

There are 10 teams in the comp that would kill for that level of adversity. So I am not saying it doesn’t make it hard to compete at the pointy end of the competition but a) can we keep some perspective and b) can we not hear about it Every. Single. Day!!
Penrith would be about 12th if they had the equivalent injuries to us.

You know it's true.

blaza88z

Coach
I always concede good and fair play by the opposition, especially if they win. Good luck to your side. :)

What a load of horse shit

Against Brisbane you gave 0 credit to the opposition, all you wanted to do was reference the players you were missing

chrisD

Coach
Souths been telling you they're pretenders who can't defend for shit and only interested in running up scores against rabble. Listen when people tell you what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.