What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R24 Sun - Penrith 30-16 Wests Tigers @ Moreton Daily

Round 24: Penrith v Wests Tigers

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
I think it was evident that the players from some clubs who are not playing finals football over the weekend, were playing for contracts.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Lol then why so salty?
Not salty just firing back a little on a forum. Some of the fans on here I don't particularly like based on your posts but in truth I don't see the Tigers as big rivals or a club that I dislike. I was cheering for your club back in the '05 GF and the brand of footy you played back then. I feel sorry for Tigers fans about how their club has been run in recent years. We've been through similar lean periods several times in our history.

They are cheating merkins but they don't buy their success Roosters style, the way Martina improves his players is ridiculous and Surfer Dude Hynes is the new best example.
Oh yeah; they definitely cheat on the field. No argument from me there.

But hey; I support the Seahawks and it was the LoBs unofficial motto that ‘they won’t call Holding every play…’

I don't think they are cheating the cap but definitely they aren't really doing much for the NRL in Victoria, their squad of this season and in past seasons has consisted of QLD/NZ based players

I think they are the best at seeing talent before they are exposed to the NRL and under the coaching of Bellamy they become even better players but you can't sit there and say they aren't "buying" their success, they certainly aren't developing them locally.
That is true. They aren’t locals in the traditional sense of the word, but young players that go to the Storm are definitely developed.

stryker

First Grade
Hodgo's Origin debut was outstanding and he was a star for Parra and Wests over plenty of years but.

Defs doesn't deserve to be in the same convo as Moses fking Mbye
As a QLDer, every time you guys picked him I was high fiving people. He was awefully shit at that level.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
everyone remembers that one pass, however he actually got nsw’s players player for the 2006 series
Yikes. That’s why you were so shit?
It wasn’t just that pass..who could forget big Gordy tackling him 15 metres inside the sideline and single handily throwing him over it?
He had some big stinker moments. Far too small and weak.

You're undoubted highlight of the year. I don't really care about the Tigers to be honest though, other than the cheap and lazy entertainment I get from watching that 'Tales from Tiger Town' doco on Fox League.

Not our highlight, that will be watching your mob bottle another grand final.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You're undoubted highlight of the year. I don't really care about the Tigers to be honest though, other than the cheap and lazy entertainment I get from watching that 'Tales from Tiger Town' doco on Fox League.

for someone who doesn’t care about the tigers, you seem to post about us a lot!

Not our highlight, that will be watching your mob bottle another grand final.
What I don’t get is how can it be both that a) Penrith is so far inferior to Melbourne that it really isn’t worth playing the rest of the comp and b) that if we don’t win the grand final we have bottled it?

With that level of inconsistency you could be a regular on a Fox League panel show…

What I don’t get is how can it be both that a) Penrith is so far inferior to Melbourne that it really isn’t worth playing the rest of the comp and b) that if we don’t win the grand final we have bottled it?

With that level of inconsistency you could be a regular on a Fox League panel show…

you were favourites last year and would probably be the favourites this year, doesn’t mean you won’t shit the bed again.

The_Frog

First Grade
Big defensive effort by Tigers so far. Sluggish by the Panthers so far with very uncharacteristic errors. The mind boggles how the Tigers can't put a half decent effort in with everything to play for against the Sharks but aim up for us, seemingly because of a rivalry.
They were still some chance last week at 14 down with 14 to play before collapsing worse than India against England in the back end. Today they didn't collapse late but were never a chance of winning.