What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Membership

Travitoh

First Grade
You get a $20 merchandise voucher as well so really it’s only $79.

I do not know what more the club can do.

Show appreciation for interstate supporters? $100 for voting rights is a rort.

I'd prefer to donate $100 to my local sporting club than a multi million dollar organisation.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Show appreciation for interstate supporters? $100 for voting rights is a rort.

I'd prefer to donate $100 to my local sporting club than a multi million dollar organisation.
We can’t play everywhere though mate and not everyone can be pleased.

You get a $20 merchandise voucher as well plus the money goes to our great club and you get the pack and 10percent off merchandise all year. Membership is the lifeblood of our club, my Dad will always renew as he remembers the pain of when we got kicked out all too well. I’ll always renew too.

We have not taken home games to NZ, yet year after year without fail guys like @callmack1 will renew as they love this club so so much and it holds a special place in their heart.

Your choice what you do mate though at the end of the day it’s up to you.

For mine I’m more passionate about Souths even if I lived interstate or overseas over donating to my local sports club which doesn’t have that special place in my heart that Souths does.

Rabbits20

Immortal
SSFC logically have to charge more for memberships. Unlike other clubs we don't get a revenue stream each year from a licensed club so the "gap" has to be made up elsewhere.

@Travitoh

Rabbits20

Immortal
Got Rabbitohs number plates too. Got a tattoo awhile back also.. which pretty much surpassed any membership support I could show really but at least now I’m actually paying Souths.
Tattoo.
Number plates.
Membership.

the three peat :joy::joy::joy::joy::shrug_tone1:♂️:shrug_tone1:♂️:shrug_tone1:♂️:face_palm_tone1:♂️:face_palm_tone1:♂️
I may get a Rabbitohs tattoo one day, it’s something I’m thinking of doing one of these years, what about you @callmack1.

Love it all mate that’s the spirit.

Travitoh

First Grade
SSFC logically have to charge more for memberships. Unlike other clubs we don't get a revenue stream each year from a licensed club so the "gap" has to be made up elsewhere.

@Travitoh

Cool. I still see no reason to donate $100 to a multi million dollar club for no return.

Travitoh

First Grade
Not attacking ya either just saying

It's all good. I'm happy to have the discussion to be honest.

If Souths brought a game to Adelaide or i was in Sydney, I'd be a ticketed member no worries.

But without a return for my money, a 'supporters membership' means nothing more than paying to be a statistic to me. Especially when there will be very few people if any employed by the club earning less than me.

Rabbits20

Immortal
For me the return is the feeling that I'm doing my bit to make sure we never have to go through those horrible years of exclusion again.
Exactly mate, couldn’t go through that again.

The more members we have the stronger we are for the future.

Every membership of every type really helps the club, we can all do our bit for this club we dearly love.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's all good. I'm happy to have the discussion to be honest.

If Souths brought a game to Adelaide or i was in Sydney, I'd be a ticketed member no worries.

But without a return for my money, a 'supporters membership' means nothing more than paying to be a statistic to me. Especially when there will be very few people if any employed by the club earning less than me.
Mate I’d look at it is helping the club to be strong in the future. If we all said we felt like it was a statistic being a member we would be in jeopardy of not having a team to follow in the future as we don’t get revenue from a leagues club. Membership and merchandise is so important. When I want merchandise I will always buy from the club.

You get the pride and satisfaction of being apart of the family and helping the Pride of The League to remain strong.

Supporters memberships are equally as important for mine. Every person counts. We are stronger together.

Not having a go but that’s how I see it.

It is $79 as well if you use the voucher to buy merchandise.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Our membership money also helps the club with our pathways systems for our juniors coming through as well, without that money we can’t put as much into our juniors systems..... plus player development etc.....

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
For me the return is the feeling that I'm doing my bit to make sure we never have to go through those horrible years of exclusion again.
That's the reason I've been a ticketed member since re-instatement. My wife since 2007.

The last couple of years, we don't get to go to as many games as we used to (this season, because of COVID we didnt go to any, but we have FOXTEL) but still happy to pay for ticketed membership regardless because a strong membership ensures financial viability of the club, and this creates knock on effects like a desirable club for players to go to; affording improvements to training facilities etc.

Unrelated but worth noting: the owner's share of the profits have been fully plowed back into the club the last 2 years that I know of - Rusty nor Packer took no dividends

NovoBunny94

Juniors
That's the reason I've been a ticketed member since re-instatement. My wife since 2007.

The last couple of years, we don't get to go to as many games as we used to (this season, because of COVID we didnt go to any, but we have FOXTEL) but still happy to pay for ticketed membership regardless because a strong membership ensures financial viability of the club, and this creates knock on effects like a desirable club for players to go to; affording improvements to training facilities etc.

Unrelated but worth noting: the owner's share of the profits have been fully plowed back into the club the last 2 years that I know of - Rusty nor Packer took no dividends
That’s wholesome