What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Pre-Season

callmack1

Staff member
A few comments from other forums,

Another guy who apparently came back this off season in real good shape was Patrick Mago. Hopefully with a good full pre season and being injury free he will start to make the impact which we know he is capable of doing.

He came back this pre season a hell of a lot leaner and fitter then he did last year when he came from Brisbane. Apparently he worked hard over the break as well. I think he is a real chance for making the bench.

I watched a bit of training this year. Latrell started behind the eight-ball with his injury and is carrying a bit of weight, as he was pre season last year but he’s training fine, not losing ground in the fitness stakes to my eye and looks hungry to me. I reckon a month or six weeks into the season he’ll be hitting his straps.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Reynolds will be good to go Round 1 has just had some problems with his groan which happened at training. They are utilising the time to rest him so it’s fully healed before the start of the season. He will play Charity Shield.
Cody is fine. No problems with him at all.
Benji Marshall rumours are true but he is a depth and leadership signing. We lose allot of leadership mid season due to rep duties so Benji will cover that and injuries since as we are all aware our starting halves are not getting any younger. He is actually real close with JD so I think after a season he’ll stay on in a development coach capacity

From another Souths forum.

callmack1

Staff member
Reynolds will be good to go Round 1 has just had some problems with his groan which happened at training. They are utilising the time to rest him so it’s fully healed before the start of the season. He will play Charity Shield.
Cody is fine. No problems with him at all.
Benji Marshall rumours are true but he is a depth and leadership signing. We lose allot of leadership mid season due to rep duties so Benji will cover that and injuries since as we are all aware our starting halves are not getting any younger. He is actually real close with JD so I think after a season he’ll stay on in a development coach capacity

From another Souths forum.
Lots of very welcoming news there! good signs. Thanks for the info.

callmack1

Staff member
A few comments from another forum from someone who attended training today.

Reynolds training seperate from the team running straight lines with a rehab guy.

They’re running a semi serious A’s versus B’s now with Maxwell refereeing. It’s all very sharp. Some solid hitting going on.

Benji and Taaffe halves for the B’s.

callmack1

Staff member
Here's some comments from other forums in regards to Benji's first session yesterday.

Benji got flattened late in the session, think it was Host that squared him up. No quarter given to the big names.
Anyone else got an opinion on or knowledge of Zane Bijorac? a young centre/winger type who’s name I’ve been trying to get hold of for weeks but who’s been training with firsts. Really holds his own with the group and has a Campbell Graham build.

Shortly after I’d typed he was in the halves he switched back to fullback.
He did seem to get a quick rapport with Benji in the drills and in the short run they had together. Benji also stayed on later for kicking/bomb practice with the young fellas. He really can put a good shape on the ball, as can Ilias.

Zane Bjorak is from Queenbeyan and a part of our Flegg team. He’s quite a size for a young bloke.

Some of the photos the boys look a bit serious. Was there a good vibe around the place. Did the boys make Benji feel welcome. Did he combine well with Taafe.

Yes it was pretty intense today, a lot of the body contact made me wince with respect there could be injuries. The refs were involved today too so they were running a tight ship. A really good vibe about the place, not too big a fuss made of Benji.

Liam Knight stood out to me today. He’s training at max on everything, has a real bee in his bonnet.

Literally first thing Benji did was address the boys, talked about his respect and admiration for the team and the club and he fit right in straight away.

1611921770636.jpeg.jpg

callmack1

Staff member
A comment from another forum,

Arrow wore a rehab shirt and was mainly doing one on ones with a trainer. Did look a little troubled. The opposed sessions are great to watch. It gives the young guys a real look at what it takes to be a first grader. Also explains how players like Paulo and Masters were able to step straight up last season.
Kilo filled in for Arrow and Dargan for Reynolds. Tatola was not in first 13. Liam was. Only 2 players look to be carrying a bit of condition. Latrell and Marsters. Both big humans and there are some very big boys in this squad. Moga and Host are fricking huge and quick.