What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Well i did say that a few postings ago but got crucified, so this homesickness talk was bs, its on zero tackle that he has signed they have vaughns 800k for next season probably gave him most of that
Who cares? I don't.
You got 2,000 post count, and 500 of them is crying about Sua.
You say "this homesickness talk was b.s." - that's about the only thing you said that's right - IT IS bs, and its all Sua's bs.

So where's you're big spiel about how the club has paid him well, more than you ever earned, and he has shown no loyalty? Why didn't he stay for less with us? Oh, no, not Sua.....only Reynolds can be smashed for that.

Honestly, I'm glad. If St.Mearge are dumb enough to pay him Vaughan's salary, just proves what Bennett said, how throwing good money after bad is the reason for some of these club blowouts.

And now, being Sua's fanboy, you can move over to St.Mearge's website, and give us respite from your crying.

callmack1

Staff member
Su'A set for switch as Dragons look at recruits to replace Vaughan: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/07/sua-on-radar-as-dragons-look-at-loan-deals-to-replace-vaughan/

If you'd have asked me at the start of the year if I wanted to keep Su'A I would have said "Hell yes!!" He was looking like our second rower for the next ten years and looked like he was developing into a real superstar. However, his fall from grace this year has been huge. He is a shadow of his former self on field. Such is the contrast that honestly, while it is a bit sad, I'm not overly fussed about the news he's moving on.

Burgess on the radar as Dragons bring in reinforcements: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/2207300b156e324f428b176e2d1deb84

George Burgess in a Dragons jersey playing against his twin brother Tom. Now there's something I'll struggle with. That'll be hard to watch. George is a Rabbitoh.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Su'A set for switch as Dragons look at recruits to replace Vaughan: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/07/sua-on-radar-as-dragons-look-at-loan-deals-to-replace-vaughan/

If you'd have asked me at the start of the year if I wanted to keep Su'A I would have said "Hell yes!!" He was looking like our second rower for the next ten years and looked like he was developing into a real superstar. However, his fall from grace this year has been huge. He is a shadow of his former self on field. Such is the contrast that honestly, while it is a bit sad, I'm not overly fussed about the news he's moving on.

Burgess on the radar as Dragons bring in reinforcements: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/2207300b156e324f428b176e2d1deb84

George Burgess in a Dragons jersey playing against his twin brother Tom. Now there's something I'll struggle with. That'll be hard to watch. George is a Rabbitoh.
It will be interesting to watch all those Stain Merge losers who have long said the Burgesses are shit do a complete 180 and proclaim him one of the games premier props if they sign him. You can bet money on it.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
James Hooper is saying we've offered Gagai a one year deal and if he doesn't agree to return, Demetriou may be looking at Milford on a cheap deal.
Personally, I believe this is just lazy media speculation, I'd rather go after a cheap deal on Dylan Walker depending on his injuries.

Also saying St.Mearge has offered Sua $1.65mil/3 years.
Glad we didn't pay this.

callmack1

Staff member
Origin LIVE - Maroons chaos as star set to be ‘officially ruled out’ for Covid breach: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...s/news-story/1ce451252642013b887d2de65a39ade1

Oh for god sake!! Just as we were saying over the past few days that hopfully none of our players would be dumb enough to breach the bubble, well, it's now potentially happened! I will hold judgement until it's confirmed and we hear what happened but I'll be extremely disappointed and angry at Jai if he's done the wrong thing.

On another note,

Jimmy Brings - How Dane Gagai's next move could hand Milford NRL lifeline: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/4ec6df488573f02109ac88a8031db6ba

Man, I don't like the sound of that. Gags is a must keep in my opinion but yet again, we're offereng a one year deal to a star player. With Reyno, I could kind of understand it but this has really got me stracthing my head. I'll be so angry if we let Gagai go without a fight. We must find a way to keep him, gotta offer more than one year.

In regards to Milford, I'd take him but it'd have to be on a hugely reduced deal.

handyman2190

Bench
Souths have paid and looked after Sua, and this is how he repays the club that looked after him through thick and thin? Unlike Sutto, who gave back to the club, he didn't want to........

Famous words......
You sound indignant and upsett, i dont know why, you didnt want him,you critisized him repeatedly. Its reported we didnt make him an offer or attempt to keep him so im puzzled you write this.
Gagai being offered only 1 year is an attempt to down grade him as he gets older,this will backfire on us because talent in this period of nrl is scarce,there are 3 others offering 2 and 3 year deals,so we effectivly are forcing players to accept deals elsewere. Crying shame our cap has been mismanaged to this degree

Rabbits20

Immortal
I am fuming I’ve been talking to mates all arvo. Chammas now saying he brought a woman back to origin camp.

Jai said he wanted to come here and win a premiership and then he can’t control himself. I’m seething.

Reyno should’ve been locked down before we signed this muppet.

Now hearing reports we are looking at Milford. If so the club has lost the plot and I’ve lost all faith in Solly if true. Milford is cooked signing him would he madness a combo of him and Cody won’t work.

Also Gagai has asked for 3 years but Souths are offering 1 year. Here we go again with this bullshit. Just meet in the middle and give him 2 years :).

I am not happy at all this arvo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
This x1000

It’s true Jim and Callmack I am seething. Extremely disappointed in Jai.

So it looks like we are likely to lose Gagai as well as we won’t budge on 1 year.

And now we are going oh shit Ta’affe and Ilias are not ready. Reyno going and potentially Milford coming the ones in power at Souths have lost the plot!

I am absolutely fuming.

Travitoh

First Grade
Reeeeeally disappointing if true about Arrow. Especially after the news from the weekend. I actually feel this is a much worse breach than Paul Vaughan's party. At least that only involved fellow players inside the bubble.

The Milford link feels like a lazy link but if it's true that he's a back up plan for Gagai, i don't hate the idea of him at centre if he's on the cheap. I feel Milford will benefit from a move away on a much lesser deal, with much less expectation and he definitely has talent.

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
re:Milford. I feel that the club has dug themselves a hole and are now trying to climb out. We desperately need to get someone who knows what they are doing to look after retentions and signings. Whoever is doing it now doesn't know their ass from their elbow.
They are the same people who, when Sam got injured and medically retired, panicked and signed Jai Arrow - what was it again? $850K a season?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
You sound indignant and upsett, i dont know why, you didnt want him,you critisized him repeatedly. Its reported we didnt make him an offer or attempt to keep him so im puzzled you write this.
No I'm not upset. I am happy.

What I wrote are YOUR exact words you wrote about Adam Reynolds. Repeatedly. You wrote almost as many posts bagging Reynolds as you did crying about Sua.

Funny how that is, you smashing Reynolds but blaming Souths, Bennett, the salary cap etc etc over Sua.

How do you know Sua's agent didn't say to Souths, "I want 550+ for Sua, take it or leave it"?

handyman2190

Bench
I hones
No I'm not upset. I am happy.

What I wrote are YOUR exact words you wrote about Adam Reynolds. Repeatedly. You wrote almost as many posts bagging Reynolds as you did crying about Sua.

Funny how that is, you smashing Reynolds but blaming Souths, Bennett, the salary cap etc etc over Sua.

How do you know Sua's agent didn't say to Souths, "I want 550+ for Sua, take it or leave it"?
Maybe he did and we didnt bother even offering a deal,like i said there were a few clubs after him and it wasnt worth it.