What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Botany Rabbit

Juniors
Green quiting Qld origin coaching i think paves the way for a tigers return,poor madge another sacking on the cards,at least he gets 2 years money i suppose. Personally this tiger town doco has shown me 1 thing, i ask the question, does maguire use the F word too liberaly? I think players would get sick and tired of the swearing every 3rd word, what do u think boys?
its like listening to the end of the old 12th man wide world of sports tape. where all the f&*ks have been removed lol

Steenson123

Juniors
Green quiting Qld origin coaching i think paves the way for a tigers return,poor madge another sacking on the cards,at least he gets 2 years money i suppose. Personally this tiger town doco has shown me 1 thing, i ask the question, does maguire use the F word too liberaly? I think players would get sick and tired of the swearing every 3rd word, what do u think boys?
Maguire has been his own worst enemy. He played Tug Boat Talakai as a CENTRE for 6 games straight back in 2017. Anyone knew the guy is a hard running grinding backrower not suited to any need for speed. The squad accordingly lost 6 straight and sent Maguire out the door. In both 2016 and 2017 I believe Maguire lost 9 straight and ended with a purile 9-15 record twice. Plus he lost Keary, D.Walker and Av'aa [spelling?] soon after all three starred in winning a GF. Maguire has continued his poor record at West Balmain for three more seasons. Let's face it at Redfern he had a star roster and really he should have won at least two Premierships instead of the solitary one.

Steenson123

Juniors
Dean Richie said on the BSB this morning that he phoned Blake Solly to ask him about the Sims rumours and he denied it saying we haven’t got the cap space to fit him in and Sims wants a three year deal which also doesn’t suit us.
The squad need to do what Manly did in the 1970s: they bought Lurch O'Neill because they could not beat him. Thus any imported forward should be a key player for say Melbourne such as Solimona or Welch or any of their key starters who still have tread left on their tyres.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Maguire has been his own worst enemy. He played Tug Boat Talakai as a CENTRE for 6 games straight back in 2017. Anyone knew the guy is a hard running grinding backrower not suited to any need for speed. The squad accordingly lost 6 straight and sent Maguire out the door. In both 2016 and 2017 I believe Maguire lost 9 straight and ended with a purile 9-15 record twice. Plus he lost Keary, D.Walker and Av'aa [spelling?] soon after all three starred in winning a GF. Maguire has continued his poor record at West Balmain for three more seasons. Let's face it at Redfern he had a star roster and really he should have won at least two Premierships instead of the solitary one.
You cant blame Madge for Dylan, Kirasome, and Keary.

Dylan and Kirasome did it to themselves and it was the front office who kicked them out.

Keary opened his big mouth and started a blue with Russell, which is just downright stupid and arrogant. Anyway Keary can get f...ed in my eyes, troublemaker, divided the team, he contributed to our shit season that year.

handyman2190

Bench
Actually you may be right,1 thing that tiger town doco has shown me is his 1 track mind his continual swearing would grate my nerves, i mean there is a time and place for it not every sentence, i think he belittles the players and they get tired and frustrated hearing the same old same old,did anyone hear him give advice during the half time breaks,eg line speed or moving up together, did he talk about specifics?
Treating grown men like imbiciles dosent work,yes he has passion he wants to win, but has he tried teaching them to be better,i mean he has a young squad that need direction not just motivational BS.
I think he is gone,the only way he keeps his job is if they cant afford the 2 year payout, and then it will only be delayed 1 more season

handyman2190

Bench
Dean Richie said on the BSB this morning that he phoned Blake Solly to ask him about the Sims rumours and he denied it saying we haven’t got the cap space to fit him in and Sims wants a three year deal which also doesn’t suit us.
Weve spoken about this before,born and bred hoisted up my klacker a couple of times during our AR run ins, somehow we have stuffed the cap,it was reported that after resigning can koala campbell etc we only had 1.2 or thereabouts to sign 10 players,i dont know how true this was, but weve added AR 700, gags 450, and suas 350 to that and ee can only try to replace with our youngsters or the odd cheap recruit ala cheekam and that raiders hooker which probably come at around 150ea and milf that rumours say 200k sims ive heard asked for the same money he is on now which id say is soo money at around 500 for 2 or 3 years, and he is 31 there is absolutly no chance even if we wanted that we could afford him, we could of kept sua,hell we could have kept AR if we gave him 2 years,so sims is a fantasy

callmack1

Staff member
History in the making with Brisbane to host 2021 NRL Grand Final: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/09/08...g-with-brisbane-to-host-2021-nrl-grand-final/

Great news for fans in Queensland! Will certainly be historic.

Smith not keen on Maroons coach gig, leaving door open for Slater, JT: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/09/08...ns-coach-gig-leaving-door-open-for-slater-jt/

Phil Gould backs Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Johnathan Thurston for Queensland Origin role: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/billy-...thurston/71a0d697-8063-4f9e-b0e6-cf3638a817bc

Stubby

Juniors
Should we make a play for Peachey he can play centre or back row he is off contract and his dad played for the red and green

callmack1

Staff member
'He'll do a great job' - JT wants to help Slater coach Maroons: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/09/08/jt-backs-slater-for-maroons-job-and-wants-assistant-role/

Billy Slater has never coached at NRL level. But this is why QLD is taking a huge ‘leap of faith’: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...t/news-story/1b33c039b348545d28d51ef9662822f6

Theory behind shock Green call as QLD legend speaks out on ‘wrong decision’: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...h/news-story/6112d84e9920ef0980c7edad2bb22cdf

Maroons eyeing coaching dream team in bid to restore State of Origin glory days: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/maroon...nd-coach/253bc505-f9fe-4815-9f22-f19506e28bd2

southsport

First Grade
Actually you may be right,1 thing that tiger town doco has shown me is his 1 track mind his continual swearing would grate my nerves, i mean there is a time and place for it not every sentence, i think he belittles the players and they get tired and frustrated hearing the same old same old,did anyone hear him give advice during the half time breaks,eg line speed or moving up together, did he talk about specifics?
Treating grown men like imbiciles dosent work,yes he has passion he wants to win, but has he tried teaching them to be better,i mean he has a young squad that need direction not just motivational BS.
I think he is gone,the only way he keeps his job is if they cant afford the 2 year payout, and then it will only be delayed 1 more season
I don't buy this Souths cap problem talk, it's all smoke and mirrors imo, I just think the club won't overpay anymore, the only two that will be overpaid next year are Cook and Arrow (both signed by Richo) and I don't believe that Cook will be re-signed at the end of his current contract so that will leave Arrow as the only one......anyway that's my 2 cents worth.

callmack1

Staff member
I don't buy this Souths cap problem talk, it's all smoke and mirrors imo, I just think the club won't overpay anymore, the only two that will be overpaid next year are Cook and Arrow (both signed by Richo) and I don't believe that Cook will be re-signed at the end of his current contract so that will leave Arrow as the only one......anyway that's my 2 cents worth.
It's a good two cents worth! Fully agree with ya mate.