What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Rabbits20

Immortal
Correct.

This, plus the fact that Cody has really only played 5 years of top line footy and is relatively injury-free, compared with Adam, who has had fractured vertebrae, fractured jaw, fractured hand, shoulder, knee, hamstring and groin injuries.

Adam deserves much respect for his heroic efforts to play through all that and still deliver what he's given the team, and fans - it's remarkable and legendary
I think giving him a guaranteed 2 years was best and it’d have kept our window to win it open a bit longer.

People forget Reyno helps get us into positions to give Cody space and time to do what he does. Reyno digs into the line and does it perfectly.

Plus you won’t easily replace Reyno kicking game overnight and you need that in the big games if you don’t have a 7 with a strong strong kicking game you can’t win the comp.

handyman2190

Bench

callmack1

Staff member
I thought we weren’t giving out long term deals to over 30’s now Solly is saying Cody can have as long and as much as he wants, it’s not a good look to the way Reyno was treated. Solly has told lies. The fact we put Knight and Arrow on good long term deals before seeing to Reyno astounded me and Dad.

Solly said to Dad and I on the phone at most Cody would get 2 years with second year in clubs favour now it looks like Cody will get 3-4 year deal.

All we want is honesty not being lied too about it. Lots of my family and friends who are members feel the same too.

Don’t play the we got burnt by GI and Sam long term deals then straight away back flip on it. If the plan was to always give Cody a 3 year deal just tell the truth then in the first place.
You're not going to let this go are you?

So what? We should only offer Cody a one year deal and let him walk because that's what happened with Reyno? We shouldn't let Cody finish his career here because Reyno didn't? We shouldn't re-sign Cody because of the 'backlash?' It wasn't the smartest what the club did with Reyno and to do it with Cody too would be complete and utter stupidity.

It has never been said anywhere but in your phone call that we're only offering guys over 30 a one year deal. That's never been said officially. Don't believe the media. Solly may have said that to you to try and keep you happy but it may not have been true. Or, it may have been at the time but the club has since realised it was the wrong stance and changed their ways. So you don't think we should change our ways because of what happened to Reyno?

That stance is never actually going to be a thing because it's stupid.

You need to stop blaming the club mate and realise that it takes two to tango. Yes, the club should have offered him longer and maybe they did handle it poorly but the fact is there was a deal there for Reyno to stay but HE CHOSE not to. He has chosen to leave at the end of the day. The actions from the club may have pushed him but at the end of the day, the buck stops with him and he made the decision.

I'm just as gutted he's going, if not more. He's my favourite current Rabbitoh. But I'm quite frankly over people putting sole blame on the club because that is complete and utter bullshit.

Sorry for the rant bro but I've had a shit week and this just made my blood boil a little.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You're not going to let this go are you?

So what? We should only offer Cody a one year deal and let him walk because that's what happened with Reyno? We shouldn't let Cody finish his career here because Reyno didn't? We shouldn't re-sign Cody because of the 'backlash?' It wasn't the smartest what the club did with Reyno and to do it with Cody too would be complete and utter stupidity.

It has never been said anywhere but in your phone call that we're only offering guys over 30 a one year deal. That's never been said officially. Don't believe the media. Solly may have said that to you to try and keep you happy but it may not have been true. Or, it may have been at the time but the club has since realised it was the wrong stance and changed their ways. So you don't think we should change our ways because of what happened to Reyno?

That stance is never actually going to be a thing because it's stupid.

You need to stop blaming the club mate and realise that it takes two to tango. Yes, the club should have offered him longer and maybe they did handle it poorly but the fact is there was a deal there for Reyno to stay but HE CHOSE not to. He has chosen to leave at the end of the day. The actions from the club may have pushed him but at the end of the day, the buck stops with him and he made the decision.

I'm just as gutted he's going, if not more. He's my favourite current Rabbitoh. But I'm quite frankly over people putting sole blame on the club because that is complete and utter bullshit.

Sorry for the rant bro but I've had a shit week and this just made my blood boil a little.
I will let it go but not yet. Reyno is the captain of our great club a proven premiership South Sydney halfback and he epitomises what South Sydney is all about he has been so clutch in many moments and is only 30 years old not 33 or 34. I didn’t say we should offer Cody one year I’d offer him 2 years as I would’ve Reyno to keep our window open a bit longer. What I’m saying is we shouldn’t be offering Cody whatever he wants eg 3-4 years not when he’s 32 as it goes against what the club said and that was being burnt by older players on long term deals which really hurt us. Heck we haven’t even seen how Cody will go without Reyno there we do not even know that yet so why rush into a really long term deal?

It has been said in the media mate that we wouldn’t offer over 30 year olds more than one year it was in an article I copied above a bit earlier it was all over the news over here on the radio and in the newspapers. The media generally are pretty accurate and things get leaked out of clubs all the time. I remember Solly on 2GB radio sports show actually coming on and saying how we can’t get ourselves into long term deals with older players as well.

I believe back then it was a lie and Solly was trying to smooth things over and it was just to cover things up but still it’s not good to be lying to passionate paying members the lifeblood of the club.

Well I feel he had to make that decision if I was in his shoes and it was my career I’d probably have to do the same but I would be pretty hurt like I think Reyno was knowing that after all he’s given to us this is what they offer him at the same age as Sutto was at that point Sutto also got a 2 year guaranteed deal.

So what if Reyno stayed on one more year and got a 3 month injury that ended his season? There would be no job security at all there and that would’ve been apart of it as well and then his value could drop a bit as a result of the injury. Also if he stays plays well for a year there was no guarantee Souths would keep him anyway. If we were letting Reyno go for someone like Cronk i would totally understand like the Roosters did moving Pearce on. But instead we are replacing him with a massive unknown and are quite likely closing our window a bit earlier than what could’ve been.

At the end of the day mate you’d think you’d plan your cap around your guns that you wanna keep first and foremost and that is having a gun spine. To me Arrow is on overs and has not earnt his 700k this season and the signing of extending Knight to a long term reasonable deal I’ll never understand how they come before a top gun proven premiership winning halfback with leadership qualities who is only 30-31 and would’ve been 28-29 a couple of years ago.

My friends and people I know for other teams just can’t understand it either they’re baffled and said if they went for Souths they would be absolutely filthy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
W
Yes Callmack!! You are completely correct. Rabbits20 you sound like a broken record, time to let go. We need to keep Cody at all costs. We haven’t seen enough of Taaffe at halfback to know what he is like, but you know what? That’s what pre season is for! The future is now.
Well he has massive shoes to fill.

I am not the only one filthy re the Reyno situation it has left a very bitter taste in many members and fans mouths.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yes he has massive shoes, as did Reynolds when Sandow left. He could have accepted the offer and gone from there, he didn’t and that’s life. Can’t put all the blame on the club.

Those members might need to get over it I think….
I never really rated Sandow he was hot and cold and his defence was really ordinary. I think Reyno is in a different class level to what Sandow ever was which is why I don’t like that comparison.

Or the Sutto was happy to take one year deals comparison when at 30 years old he got given a guaranteed 2 year extension which is what Reyno would’ve settled for too.

Ikonic

Juniors
Re: Arrow… who would pay 700k for a bench forward; like come
On..
Now that Sua is gone he will start, but we lack that punch and Agro we had with Sam.

Again; I’m keen to see how we go with all the young guns.
Look at Walsh, Walker, Laurie, Kennedy, Campbell..
Young blokes who carve up.
Let’s get excited about the future rather than get caught up in the past.

I mean, I would have Satts play any day, but it ain’t going to happen…

Rabbits20

Immortal
When sandow moved on I thought Souths we’re done.
Then Reyno came through and…
I’ve explained myself before

can we look forward instead of looking behind?
There is context with Reynos departure and Cody’s resigning
Sandow was inconsistent for mine. Reyno is very consistent and in a different echelon to what Sandow ever was.

True there is context to Reyno’s departure we just don’t know if it’s gonna be good or bad yet it’s a massive massive risk.

How we go next year will all hinge on how we replace Reyno.

Rabbitsglory

Juniors
Mitchell
Johnson
Moga
Graham
Mansour
Walker
Taffe
Burgess
Cook
Tatola
Keon
Jai
Murray captain

Milford
Nichols
Host
Salee

Knight 19th man

Still a good team

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
We do need a center, unless they plan to play Blake there and Milford to partner Cody.

I doubt we have the money space, and I doubt the front office would make a move but.....
Dylan Walker slotting in at center means we are only a fraction behind our GF line up (counting on Latrell not being suspended next season!)

handyman2190

Bench
We do need a center, unless they plan to play Blake there and Milford to partner Cody.

I doubt we have the money space, and I doubt the front office would make a move but.....
Dylan Walker slotting in at center means we are only a fraction behind our GF line up (counting on Latrell not being suspended next season!)
Id love walker back