What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Stubby

Juniors
Murdoch is a disgrace who won the super league war nearly every journalist works for him and now he is propping up the new team rugby league will not progress until news Corp and fox are no longer

Look at who has egg on his face and most likely got his arse kicked. :D

Apology to Russell Crowe
Paul Kent
The Daily Telegraph
October 9, 2021

Paul Kent apology to South Sydney Rabbitohs owner Russell Crowe.

In my column on April 24 I inferred that Russell Crowe betrayed George Piggins for his own financial benefit and that Mr Crowe engaged in a campaign of lies, slander and misinformation against Mr Piggins during the events leading up to his purchase of the Rabbitohs in 2006.

I now accept that these statements were false and defamatory and should never have been published.

The Daily Telegraph and I wish to apologise to Mr Crowe for the harm, hurt and distress caused by this column.
Sometimes journos go too far.

Piggins and Rusty can be celebrated in equal measure for the different contributions brought to your club.

Both have their place in the annuals.

handyman2190

Bench

Apology to Russell Crowe
Paul Kent
The Daily Telegraph
October 9, 2021

In my column on April 24 I inferred that Russell Crowe betrayed George Piggins for his own financial benefit and that Mr Crowe engaged in a campaign of lies, slander and misinformation against Mr Piggins during the events leading up to his purchase of the Rabbitohs in 2006.

I now accept that these statements were false and defamatory and should never have been published.

The Daily Telegraph and I wish to apologise to Mr Crowe for the harm, hurt and distress caused by this column.
Thanks for the appology pk, everyone should read what he has written about the arrogance of the riff,never a truer words written, good on you kenty, everyone go to the GF thread and read what he wrote about riff

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

Apology to Russell Crowe
Paul Kent
The Daily Telegraph
October 9, 2021

This dud is the biggest loud mouth wanker in sports journalism.

Thinks he's always right, screams over the top of anyone who has an opinion different to him.

Wonder what he's been doing in lockdown since he ain't married, and all the brothels are shut

Rsag85

Bench
I agree im not a fan of jed,he is a waste, if true, signing cheekam and havili, im again not impressed, someone like say manly discard zac saddler a big young prop and they also havent signed a young prop fanou i think his name is would maybe benefit,signing 29 year olds in my opinion is non productive

Fanou I believe signed with some Rugby Union side

the problem is now there is not much on the open market

BradS

Juniors
If anything has taught us it is that culture in a club is what breeds success

when fringe players feel like they owe the club then they usually go to the next level

this is the South Sydney way and this will be why the club will be successful for at least the next 20 years

Rabbits20

Immortal
A big part of the modern day wingers game is to run effective kick returns and to get the team going forward off our own line (like Penrith wingers did in GF). Perhaps Mansour is better than Paulo in that department. But I am looking hopefully to one of the young prospects to come through as the complete package. I think Paulo’s future is as backup rather than regular first grade.
I think Paulo is getting better. Remember he’s still really young too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Letting Sandow go was the worst thing we did.....

As I said the club would NOT have let Reyno go if there were no backups

Also, stop bagging Blake Solly, he is as South Sydney a man as any. He understands the situation a little more than we do
Lying to your diehard members isn’t a good thing I stand by that. The person I sit next to at home games is so passionate has gone for Souths for 55 years Souths actually don’t have his membership number on their new systems as he was a member way back pre 2002 member 100 and something in the old files and he doesn’t like Solly says he won’t give him the time of day.

I also have friends and fellow work colleagues that aren’t too keen on Solly we can all have our opinion. Personally I’m an Ello and Pappas fan but not Solly.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
All good

I like to think we are on the verge of being a better team next year.

The Heffron nursery is going to pay dividends very soon and the rorters will only get the scraps
23/24 quite possibly but not next year.

I hope too be wrong but I’m predicting 5th or 6th.

If we make week 2 of finals at this stage I’ll be happy.

We need to make some signings too so far we have lost 10 and just Milf might be coming.
We will promote around 6 juniors but need 3-4 signings

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
I thought we weren’t giving out long term deals to over 30’s now Solly is saying Cody can have as long and as much as he wants, it’s not a good look to the way Reyno was treated. Solly has told lies. The fact we put Knight and Arrow on good long term deals before seeing to Reyno astounded me and Dad.

Solly said to Dad and I on the phone at most Cody would get 2 years with second year in clubs favour now it looks like Cody will get 3-4 year deal.

All we want is honesty not being lied too about it. Lots of my family and friends who are members feel the same too.

Don’t play the we got burnt by GI and Sam long term deals then straight away back flip on it. If the plan was to always give Cody a 3 year deal just tell the truth then in the first place.
I thought Reynolds was on lighter training loads because of his propensity for injury.

Also new Brisbane will mean teams will want to lock down their stars for more than 1 year.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Lying to your diehard members isn’t a good thing I stand by that. The person I sit next to at home games is so passionate has gone for Souths for 55 years Souths actually don’t have his membership number on their new systems as he was a member way back pre 2002 member 100 and something in the old files and he doesn’t like Solly says he won’t give him the time of day.

I also have friends and fellow work colleagues that aren’t too keen on Solly we can all have our opinion. Personally I’m an Ello and Pappas fan but not Solly.
Really....

Coaches and CEOs lie all the time mate.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Some perspective.....

Penrith is probably the only club that isn't undergoing major personnel changes. (Although Burton will be a huge loss)

I can't see the Storm being as effective next year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I thought Reynolds was on lighter training loads because of his propensity for injury.

Also new Brisbane will mean teams will want to lock down their stars for more than 1 year.
Well the Reyno camp said he was pretty much doing full training throughout the year.

Re Cody I agree I’d give him a 2 year extension on around 900k for 23 and 24 but I would not give him a 3 year deal. We haven’t seen how Cody will go without Reyno yet as well.

southsport

First Grade
There has been mention that Reyno wanted to move to QLD when his playing days were over so it just seems that his wishes came early and he got to go before he retired.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Some perspective.....

Penrith is probably the only club that isn't undergoing major personnel changes. (Although Burton will be a huge loss)

I can't see the Storm being as effective next year.
We say that every year yet the Storm never drop.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Well the Reyno camp said he was pretty much doing full training throughout the year.

Re Cody I agree I’d give him a 2 year extension on around 900k for 23 and 24 but I would not give him a 3 year deal. We haven’t seen how Cody will go without Reyno yet as well.
Dunno. We're not training with the team.

Walker will do ok without Reynolds. It's not like he needed Adam to set him up.

We need our marquee fullback to actually play finals.

Latest posts