What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

CAFPOW

Juniors
While we’re at it sign the 3 and 12 also

those kids can play
Unfortunately we can’t sign 3. He’s Xavier Coates. Unless, he’s the player who wants out of his contract so he can join Souths? As for 12, sorry I don’t know who is 12

Last edited:

Inkers75

Juniors
Whilst the GF final was not the result we wanted, be proud of what the team has achieved this season. Most fans' objective at the start of the season is to reach the GF. Only two sets of supporters every experience this and for that, in one sense, I'm happy the way the team have performed.

To you all native South fans enjoy your long hot summer (winter for me!) stay safe and be kind.

To the website owners I can't thank you enough for the digital magazine, as a Pom it has become essential reading material for me throughout the season. Long may it continue. (Even if I'm generally a day behind you all!)

Roll on next season. 👍🏻

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle,

Footy fans set for unfettered Pre-Season access

In a move that is almost certain to be beneficial for broadcasters and consumers alike, the NRL are set to had News Corp the exclusive rights to broadcast each and every pre-season contest in 2022.

According to a report from The Daily Telegraph on Saturday, although the impending deal has yet to be signed off, the move towards greater coverage of the competition's product across the summer months has been on the league's 'to do' list for the past pair of seasons.

There have also been suggestions that the fortnightly warm-up stage throughout next February will see a marathon stretch of nine NRL and NRLW on a singular day, with the first contest slated for 1pm and the last to kick-off at 9pm.

As it currently stands, the pre-season period for the men's competition will take place between February 18 and 28.

Journalist Dave Riccio has suggested that games will be held on each day between Thursday-Monday, with each of the league's 16 teams lining up twice across the period.

Though the final pre-season fixture ahead of Round 1 on March 10 has yet to be released, Riccio stated that a number of clashes had all but been confirmed.

The scribe suggested that Penrith's practice match schedule would consist of clashes against Cronulla and Parramatta.

Craig Fitzgibbon's side will also take on Canterbury to round out their first steps for the season, with one of their two games poised to take place at the recently refurbished Shark Park.

Given Fitzgibbon's arrival along with names like Hynes, Finucane and the return of former Dragons skipper, Cam McInnes, gate takings for this Shire scheduled clash are set to be healthy.

Riccio also claimed that the Raiders and Roosters will meet, the Bulldogs will take on the Knights in the first week of the period and that Melbourne will play both of their games south of the Murray River.

The Charity Shield between South Sydney and St George Illawarra is also tipped to return to Mudgee.

All of these and the remainder of the card will be available for viewing by Foxtel and Kayo subscribers.

Rabbits20

Immortal
There is an article I read today going around that Souths have just offered Cody a one year extension for 2023 at this stage.

The other day though Solly said Cody could have what he wants.....

If they offer one year and second year in clubs favour I think Cody walks.

We would need to offer a guaranteed 2 years for 23 and 24 for him to stay.

handyman2190

Bench
There is an article I read today going around that Souths have just offered Cody a one year extension for 2023 at this stage.

Stupid to offer 1 year with the expansion team coming, ive heard no news its probably a rumour

Ikonic

Juniors
Back on Tyrone May that smug c^%* apparently he is dating Ivans daughter/ Nathan’s sister.. says it all really

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
I know im a pessimist, i appologise and dont want to upsett any brethren.
Im so not happy, a week after we got robbed, and still no news on re signing the goat or hawkins and more importantly cody , i think moga should be kept, and it should be full steam ahead to get at least these done before 1 nov.
All i hear is other clubs signing getting stronger, while we have been devastated with 10 leaving

I wanted to thank @handyman2190 especially today for speaking out in defence of victims of sexual violence.

For standing up for my daughter, partner, sisters, my mum and my female workmates.

For condemning the circumstances where a young woman was treated like a piece of meat and the perpetrator, instead of showing any genuine remorse, used the grand final to congratulate himself and bring this sick and perverted act back into view.

And for joining me in condemning the Panthers stony cold silence on the matter, a display of total and utter cowardice, neglect, inhumanity raising the inference of tolerance of violence against women on their behalf.

I am considering making a formal complaint to the NRL over their silence and abandonment too their obligations to the women, the game and broader society.

Have a look at their major sponsors and determine whether or not you want to indirectly support a club that conducts itself in this way.

@handyman2190 brings great honour to this forum, his club and righteous people everywhere.

He wears your red and green and I also make him an honorary tigers fan.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
I wanted to thank @handyman2190 especially today for speaking out in defence of victims of sexual violence.

For standing up for my daughter, partner, sisters, my mum and my female workmates.

For condemning the circumstances where a young woman was treated like a piece of meat and the perpetrator, instead of showing any genuine remorse, used the grand final to congratulate himself and bring this sick and perverted act back into view.

And for joining me in condemning the Panthers stony cold silence on the matter, a display of total and utter cowardice, neglect, inhumanity raising the inference of tolerance of violence against women on their behalf.

I am considering making a formal complaint to the NRL over their silence and abandonment too their obligations to the women, the game and broader society.

Have a look at their major sponsors and determine whether or not you want to indirectly support a club that conducts itself in this way.

@handyman2190 brings great honour to this forum, his club and righteous people everywhere.

He wears your red and green and I also make him an honorary tigers fan.
Im honoured at your complements and appreciate your sentiment, im actually gobsmaked,and accept your honarary status, thank you.

Im honoured at your complements and appreciate your sentiment, im actually gobsmaked,and accept your honarary status, thank you.
I sometimes work with victims of domestic violence and have done so in the past.

The vast majority of which are women and in my experience, the leading cause of this is an arrogant dickheaded attitude from a brain dead bloke.

You’re a champion of these vulnerable and often physically defenceless people as well and they really appreciate good honest men standing up for them.

I’ve copped a lot of flack on this forum from some panther fans for condemning May and the silence of the Panthers organisation on this issue. Ive even been threatened with defamation and other nasty stuff.

Ive been sworn at, I’ve been provoked and I’ve been bullied.

They can shove their justifications, excuses and gratuitous insults.

Even some of their female fans are too quiet I’d say, which is disappointing.

The Penrith Panthers should be considered for a forced forfeit of women in league round, because they don’t deserve to play in it.

They need to issue press release disowning Mays comments and apologising for their delay in setting the record straight. Probably a fine and some points for being cowardly and gutless wonders.

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle,

Bennett a chance to take marquee star with him for 2023

Wayne Bennett has been rated a chance of taking Cody Walker with him to the NRL's expansion franchise in 2023.

The competition are yet to confirm which of the three bids - the Redcliffe Dolphins, Brisbane Jets or Brisbane Firehawks - will take the mantle as the NRL's 17th team yet, although it's widely understood the Dolphins are well ahead of the other two bids.

The NRL are expected to announce the winning team by the end of October ahead of the November 1 negotiation deadline for off-contract players, with the team to be included for the 2023 season.

Wayne Bennett is likely to be the first coach of the franchise, and according to a Daily Telegraph report, Cody Walker is set to be on the shopping list.

Clint Gutherson, Reed Mahoney, Cameron Munster and Kalyn Ponga have been the other stars rumoured to be on their way north for 2023, although it's yet to be anything more than speculation.

Walker has played under Bennett over the last three years at South Sydney, taking his game from strength to strength as part of the NRL's best left edge, scoring 55 per cent of the Rabbitohs' tries this season.

The form led to Walker finishing third in this year's Dally M awards as he took the Rabbitohs all the way to the grand final.

Walker, who is off-contract at the end of 2022, is believed to be on a figure of around $650,000 per year, however, that is likely to skyrocket, with some believing he could be worth almost seven figures in his next deal.

While it's unclear if any club will want to pay that, the Rabbitohs have gone on the record as desperate not to lose Walker at the end of his current deal.

The late start to his career at the top level leaves the 31-year-old reportedly believing he could play on for at least another three years from the end of his current deal.

Players have been known to follow Bennett following his time at a club with Darius Boyd the most famous example.

Walker has previously spoken of his love for the Rabbitohs, however, South Sydney will be facing something of a contract crunch with Damien Cook and Latrell Mitchell also likely to seek upgrades at the end of 2023, while Alex Johnston is also off-contract at the end of 2022.

That's not to mention the big-money contracts of Cameron Murray, Jai Arrow and Thomas Burgess, who are also at the club for between the next two and four years.

Where's the article? I haven't heard that. Hoping that's not true as then we could be in the exact same situation as what happened this year with Reyno.

handyman2190

Bench
The game in my view hasnt got the talent to sustain more than 16, now they want to go 17 and are talking about 18, and all for the mighty dollar, they are going to water down the comp anx destroy the game.
I mentioned before in past posts that bennet has in the past decimated the teams he has left, now cody is next in line. The fact that weve heard no signing or recruitment news is in my view disgusting, this club,our club, knows we are waiting with baited breath, watching others plunder us and get stronger while we get weaker,yes weve signed our own juniors and its headlines,but dont you think other teams sign their juniors, either way, juniors are not enough, if true, cheekam and havili,discards, wont help our cause, im sorry to say well be lucky to be in the top 10 next year, a sad development and what usually happens to bennet coached teams, a hard and fast slide

BradS

Juniors
The game in my view hasnt got the talent to sustain more than 16, now they want to go 17 and are talking about 18, and all for the mighty dollar, they are going to water down the comp anx destroy the game.
I mentioned before in past posts that bennet has in the past decimated the teams he has left, now cody is next in line. The fact that weve heard no signing or recruitment news is in my view disgusting, this club,our club, knows we are waiting with baited breath, watching others plunder us and get stronger while we get weaker,yes weve signed our own juniors and its headlines,but dont you think other teams sign their juniors, either way, juniors are not enough, if true, cheekam and havili,discards, wont help our cause, im sorry to say well be lucky to be in the top 10 next year, a sad development and what usually happens to bennet coached teams, a hard and fast slide
Dude chill. Seriously it’s a game

I am sure they know what they are doing