What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Rabbit57

Juniors
The only 1 worth it is tom amone, all the rest are useless crocks, lee hasnt played all year and is injury prone,magoulias plays like a cat. If we want forwards cronulla have williams and hunt we should get. Walker hasnt signed with manly because they are offering change, im hoping we can get him
With John Morris in our coaching team surely the only Sharks players we would chase we would be good ones. I think he proved himself to be a good judge of players with talent and potential.

Agree with Amone. I always liked his defensive hits and ability to go forward.

handyman2190

Bench
Great story in Daily Telegraph by Nick Campton about Jason Demetriou being a proven winner as coach and the next big thing.
Im not worried at all about JD he will be great,its a pity that unlike seabold who inherited a good team, JD is having to preside over uncertainty and rebuilding. His hands are tied because of cap

Rsag85

Bench
Lachlan Ilias, Peter Mamouzelos, Davvy Moale, Blake Taaffe, Zane Bijorac, and Terrell Kalokalo have all been parachuted into the Rabbitohs’ NRL squad in a move that only leaves the club with three spots left available for season 2022.

We have been told that Souths will keep those three spots open — at least until March next year — when the Rabbitohs will be required to have a minimum of 28 players on their NRL roster

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think Ilias might be the the better #7, don't forget that Milford could be in the mix as well, maybe Milf at #1 and Trell in the #3?.......there are still some things to play out before kick-off 2022 though.
He’s too small for fullback Milford

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lachlan Ilias, Peter Mamouzelos, Davvy Moale, Blake Taaffe, Zane Bijorac, and Terrell Kalokalo have all been parachuted into the Rabbitohs’ NRL squad in a move that only leaves the club with three spots left available for season 2022.

We have been told that Souths will keep those three spots open — at least until March next year — when the Rabbitohs will be required to have a minimum of 28 players on their NRL roster
So sounds like we have no idea on who our 3 signings will be. I’m hoping we don’t just promote more juniors as you need experience as well.

Also sounds like as I thought we must not have much money spare in the cap.

Hellray

Juniors
Why is everyone so enamoured by Amone? He lost us a game with a stupid play and penalty. Also with how bad tigers played he couldn’t even break into their top squad! Clearly he isn’t top squad material

Rsag85

Bench
I think the club is still paying for the retirements of Sam Burgess and Greg Inglis and that’s what is hurting our recruitment at the moment

Stubby

Juniors
The problem with walker is attitude a friend was travelling on a plane and saw first hand the attitude of Aaron Grey and Walker telling people they had had a hard life etc he has talent but do the pride of the league want players with problems

handyman2190

Bench
At this stage were all we have done is lose 11 players 3 of them genuine 1st graders 1 of them a vital cog. Signed 1 reserve grader maybe 2, resigned 1 player, this is the worst of all teams. We are being rocked by bennet, a 6 month contract agreement not to poach means jack!
Cody could just play out next year and go, along with trell, who at this stage, looking at it critically, has cost us a GF.
Ive said it many times Ello is a great team manager, solly a GM, but a recruiting negotiator/ cap regulator they are not, we are missing Richo and need to replace him.