What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Jim Rockford

Bench
I think your point about him not taking drugs as he was on his way to pick up the kids is a very important one. Think what you like about him, but I agree 100% that he definitely wouldn't do anything to put them at risk.

Yep. Another point to consider is he grew up across from Redfern oval and I’d say he considers himself a one club, junior and Souths through and through. But you never know these days..
Money talk$

Yes. Maybe like Sutto, they’d be an expectation amongst you guys that he’d be offered something civilised and appropriate for his twylight years. A hundred or so extra as a kicker and not a single fan would complain.

Richo would have offered him a job post career and all that stuff. Solly should ring him for tips.
You guys are closer to your legends than other clubs. There’s a certain reverence. Your history is very important to you.

He’s done well out of the club too and the club is a big part of his life.

I am confident there will be a settlement of some sort.

McInness might give him ideas. That was a bad decision by him I thought.

Dogmatix

Juniors
If Souths were happy to let Keary go then they should be happy to let Reynolds go

Taaffe looked good in the Charity Shield last year. Time for Reynolds to make way for the younger brigade

I think your point about him not taking drugs as he was on his way to pick up the kids is a very important one. Think what you like about him, but I agree 100% that he definitely wouldn't do anything to put them at risk.

You know what he’s like, if his life has come to that, I’d really worry about psychologically.

Those kids are about the most precious thing in his life. He’s a rascal, but he’s family orientated. Lost his dad so young, it haunts him. You can tell.

Wizardman

First Grade
My goodness, you guys make excuses for this bloke. He is a grown man who ne4eds to take some responsibility.
He
*drove an unregistered vehicle
*NEVER had a drivers licence
*On a drug where his prior history suggest he should not be anywhere near them.

Im not a Burgess fan but I do hope the guy cleans himself up and has a a bright future. But, he did himself no favours today and excuse making like the ones I've read in this thread is not going to dig him out of trouble.

I believe he does have a drug problem and needs to face that head on.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Now look after Reyno as well, if the talk is true a one year extension is disgraceful. He’s given his all for us helped us win a premiership and is now at legend status of our club and club Captain. Members will be absolutely furious if Reyno is not looked after. You won’t meet anyone more South Sydney than Reyno.

He deserves a 3 year extension or at the very least a two year extension with a third year in our favour.

Cmon and do the right thing.

Kind Regards..... member number......

I just messaged the club

If Souths were happy to let Keary go then they should be happy to let Reynolds go

Taaffe looked good in the Charity Shield last year. Time for Reynolds to make way for the younger brigade

Keary got upset because Rusty had to tell him the truth.

And because he heard the truth, he motivated himself to become one of the best players in the world.

He has a lot to thank Rusty for.

But at the moment, we all see he’s still not right from that knock a few years ago. Imo hes never been the same. Some say he should retire. Sad.

Some players have to leave the comfort zone to improve.

Souths would have preferred he stayed.

But he ain’t no Adam Reynolds!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I can’t believe we have offered him just a one year extension it’s insulting and the equivalent of shit on a shovel! Solly and co obviously aren’t thinking straight. The member backlash will be enormous if we lose him @south Sydney Rabbitohs

I am really fired up @callmack1 it should be a happy day after that Latrell news but it feels the opposite I actually feel off I feel sick over this and my tummy is churning if I’m being honest here.

WAKEY WAKEY SOUTHS FOR FFFFAAARRRKKKSSSS SSAAAAKKKEEEEEE!!!

My goodness, you guys make excuses for this bloke. He is a grown man who ne4eds to take some responsibility.
He
*drove an unregistered vehicle
*NEVER had a drivers licence
*On a drug where his prior history suggest he should not be anywhere near them.

Im not a Burgess fan but I do hope the guy cleans himself up and has a a bright future. But, he did himself no favours today and excuse making like the ones I've read in this thread is not going to dig him out of trouble.

I believe he does have a drug problem and needs to face that head on.

Not sure all that’s true I’m afraid.

if the amount is a contamination, he may walk easily.

May not be his car, doesn’t mean it’s unroadworthy even if it’s unregistered. He may not have known. Might be in better shape than mine that has 12 months on it.

Never had a licence? Mmmm evidence?!

Reynolds, the snake and Canberra buddy say hi!

7% of people charged but not guilty wave a friendly hello.

The process needs to run its course.

One year?!

Did I read that right?!

One year?!

We offer our bloody gear stewards more than that.

I was under a grievous misapprehension!

I sniff some negotiation tactics. Harsh or what!

They are bunkering down at Chalmers Street tonight.

Wizardman

First Grade
Not sure all that’s true I’m afraid.

if the amount is a contamination, he may walk easily.

May not be his car, doesn’t mean it’s unroadworthy even if it’s unregistered. He may not have known. Might be in better shape than mine that has 12 months on it.

Never had a licence? Mmmm evidence?!

Reynolds, the snake and Canberra buddy say hi!

7% of people charged but not guilty wave a friendly hello.

The process needs to run its course.
The excuse making continues.

The reports are he has never had a drivers licence in this country. So, for him to be driving any vehicle seems a pretty open and shut case to me of his guilt.

Wizardman

First Grade
Daily mail lol..

ps: it doesn’t say he never had a licence. You just made that up.

Now you post his rta record before you defame him any further.
You must be blind as a bat.

Police will allege Burgess, 32, returned a positive roadside drug test for cocaine, and that he has never held a New South Wales drivers licence.

You must be blind as a bat.

Police will allege Burgess, 32, returned a positive roadside drug test for cocaine, and that he has never held a New South Wales drivers licence.

Probably had another type of licence.

You said he never had a licence, then you said not in this country, now it’s changed again. You’re not getting it. Plus according to you, he seems guilty before he’s had his day in court. Good on yer.

802D3069-B708-4FFA-876C-F8BE6498E271.jpeg
In 2018, I think he owned 4 cars. Very expensive too. He’s not going to drive $300k plus cars down the street cars without some experience.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Probably had another type of licence.

You said he never had a licence, then you said not in this country, now it’s changed again. You’re not getting it. Plus according to you, he seems guilty before he’s had his day in court. Good on yer.

View attachment 46115
In 2018, I think he owned 4 cars. Very expensive too. He’s not going to drive $300k plus cars down the street cars without some experience.
Must have been a forklift licence....so that he can carry your type bullshit along with him.

There’s a good example of what happens when a story appears and people misconstrue its meaning and form an opinion without all the facts.

If it’s not Sam, then it’s other players.

The issue is that the stories want to sensationalise an event to get people to read so as to flog product.

The view that he never held a licence would have us believe that he’s risking his kids lives and that mum is only too happy to let him take the kids without knowing how to drive or the road rules etc.