What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

handyman2190

Bench
you do know we are still paying for Sam Burgess and Greg Inglis who retired early with years left on there deals

we don’t have the salary cap space, if we did then you would see a major signing

it’s wishful thinking to say we are going to get this guy or that. Don’t expect anyone big, just depth that’s it

not hard to understand that
We are still paying but its not on the cap

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
you do know we are still paying for Sam Burgess and Greg Inglis who retired early with years left on there deals

we don’t have the salary cap space, if we did then you would see a major signing

it’s wishful thinking to say we are going to get this guy or that. Don’t expect anyone big, just depth that’s it

not hard to understand that
No we arnt. Sam was medically retired which falls outside the cap.
Greg retired and walked away from any money owing left on his deal

Rabbits20

Immortal
Also Reyno is fine needs no surgery to put him out long term. I told those of you that were saying along those lines not to jump the gun early.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Arrow’s deal and Latrell’s upgrade would have hit the bottom line.

However I don’t believe it is as tight as some believe.
I do not reckon we have enough left for a good signing of say someone on 500-600k. I reckon there is enough left for a reasonable solid signing then probs 2 more close to minimum wage players.

Murray, Keaon, Cody Campbell etc.... would all be getting upgrades too as well as Mark Nicholls.

handyman2190

Bench
sure mate and the reason why our salary cap is so tight?
A combination of paying some too much, eg knight, and trying to keep the core players together, cam koala campbell etc
Also as penrith are now learning when a team wins eg top 3 players all want more and cap space goes, as BBand B said we had 10 players and 2m to spread and it dosent work, also as ive said before our nsw cup team was garbage running last which is another reason depth was let go

southsport

First Grade
I do not reckon we have enough left for a good signing of say someone on 500-600k. I reckon there is enough left for a reasonable solid signing then probs 2 more close to minimum wage players.

Murray, Keaon, Cody Campbell etc.... would all be getting upgrades too as well as Mark Nicholls.
Even after any possible upgrades I think we have about $1m left in the cap.

Reyno, Gagai, Su'a, Burns.......there's about $2.1m saved there alone.