What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I agree with most of that mate Jed is also on around 300k, Junior got an upgrade recently too and Knight would cost around 400k.

Just on Arrow that’s the one I dont agree on I believe it’s around a 2.8-3mil deal for 4 years so around 700-750k a season. In that call I had with Solly earlier this year too he said Arrow is not on quite as much as was reported.
Ok, zero tackle and a couple of other lists had Arrow at what you're saying so let's go with that. I will edit the post

But the 150K difference can easily disappear in the second group where I estimated 2.5mil for those 10 players, and that is probably underestimated.

Still leaves not much money

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
W
2022 salary cap = 9.6mil

Cook 800K
Arrow 850K
Latrell 850K (upgraded)
Cody 650K (expiring 2022)
Murray 700K (upgraded)
Burgess 700K
Mansour 430K (this was the Penrith deal, we paid only part this season, we pay full amount 2022)

= 4.98mil

Also on the books for 2022:
Johnston
Knight
Cartwright
Sele
Tatola
Host
Nicholls (new contract)
Paulo
Koloamatangi
Graham

You do the estimates but it will be around 2.5mil

Total now 7.5

Then the 6 youngsters signed earlier this year, depends on if they are part of the 30, but you would figure at least Taafe, Mamazouelos, and Illias will be, even if it's at minimum wage = 120 x 3 = 360

Total now 7.8 to 8.0 for 20 players

Leaves 1.5 to 2mil for another 10 spots (average = approx 200K per player)

Of which add the new signings Milf, Siliva, Chee Kam

There ain't anywhere near the money you think.

You are looking at it arse end up by looking at the savings from guys leaving, but you need to look at the $$$ already committed to for 2022
2022 salary cap = 9.6mil

Cook 800K
Arrow 850K
Latrell 850K (upgraded)
Cody 650K (expiring 2022)
Murray 700K (upgraded)
Burgess 700K
Mansour 430K (this was the Penrith deal, we paid only part this season, we pay full amount 2022)

= 4.98mil

Also on the books for 2022:
Johnston
Knight
Cartwright
Sele
Tatola
Host
Nicholls (new contract)
Paulo
Koloamatangi
Graham

You do the estimates but it will be around 2.5mil

Total now 7.5

Then the 6 youngsters signed earlier this year, depends on if they are part of the 30, but you would figure at least Taafe, Mamazouelos, and Illias will be, even if it's at minimum wage = 120 x 3 = 360

Total now 7.8 to 8.0 for 20 players

Leaves 1.5 to 2mil for another 10 spots (average = approx 200K per player)

Of which add the new signings Milf, Siliva, Chee Kam

There ain't anywhere near the money you think.

You are looking at it arse end up by looking at the savings from guys leaving, but you need to look at the $$$ already committed to for 2022
Where did you get the Latrell and Murray upgrades from ?
Burgess would be more like $550k

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ok, zero tackle and a couple of other lists had Arrow at what you're saying so let's go with that. I will edit the post

But the 150K difference can easily disappear in the second group where I estimated 2.5mil for those 10 players, and that is probably underestimated.

Still leaves not much money
Agree probs 700k left maybe 800k tops. Enough for a player for around 350-400 to fill centre trouble is we can’t find one then 2 more depth players on minimum wage.

Rabbits20

Immortal
W

Tom got upgraded mate to around the 700k ball park when we last extended him so this would be close to correct. Mate I think Tom is worth that amount whilst I don’t think Arrow quite is.

Trell got an upgrade too now that he’s settled at fullback too and of course Murray has been upgraded that’s a given as well given he’s played at origin level and represented the Kangaroos.

I believe honestly Botany’ predictions aren’t too far off.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Tom got upgraded mate to around the 700k ball park when we last extended him so this would be close to correct. Mate I think Tom is worth that amount whilst I don’t think Arrow quite is.

Trell got an upgrade too now that he’s settled at fullback too and of course Murray has been upgraded that’s a given as well given he’s played at origin level and represented the Kangaroos.

I believe honestly Botany’ predictions aren’t too far off.
When were these upgrades announced ?

nope Tom is on around $550k

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
W

Zero tackle, the Kennel reprinting of the Telegraph list, and Fox sports NRL.

Google it, "NRL top 100 salaries" the mods won't allow those links to be posted.

Also Latrell - when he signed the new deal, and its been repeatedly quoted on Fox, and media guys who come onto the panel of 2KY and 2SM

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Agree probs 700k left maybe 800k tops. Enough for a player for around 350-400 to fill centre trouble is we can’t find one then 2 more depth players on minimum wage.
Maybe not even that.

Maybe 2 mil on 10 more players, 3 of which are Milf, Chee Kam, and Havili.
Milf is still under contract with the Broncos for 2022, so they will be paying a lot of his salary but we will be paying some of it, which will count on our cap.

Also probably add Moale to the squad of 30, estimate of minimum wage for him as a bottom baseline.

Maybe add Hawkins too.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Maybe not even that.

Milf is still under contract with the Broncos for 2022, so they will be paying a lot of his salary but we will be paying some of it, which will count on our cap.

Also probably add Moale to the squad of 30, estimate of minimum wage for him as a bottom baseline.

Maybe add Hawkins too.
Milf was off contract at Broncs end of this year. He has taken a massive pay cut to play at our club (no $$ from Broncos)

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Zero tackle, the Kennel reprinting of the Telegraph list, and Fox sports NRL.

Google it, "NRL top 100 salaries" the mods won't allow those links to be posted.

Also Latrell - when he signed the new deal, and its been repeatedly quoted on Fox, and media guys who come onto the panel of 2KY and 2SM
Don’t believe everything you read in the media? Did the club announce the upgrades ?

handyman2190

Bench
Maybe not even that.

Maybe add Hawkins too.
No milfs deal finished this year

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Don’t believe everything you read in the media? Did the club announce the upgrades ?
The club previously announced contract extensions to Murray, Koloamatangi and Graham. These are the "upgrades" we are talking about.

Latrell was already on 600-700 at the Roosters, and the Tigers offered him 1mil and he said no. What do you think he's getting?

Google it.

If its all a conspiracy and Trump fake media news what are your figures and sources?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I’m telling you do not believe everything you read in the media.
Media have agendas , those close to the club will confirm that.
Some clubs are protected and never have cap issues while clubs like ours that sell papers always have “something” to write about
But you said "nope Burgess is 550K"

Where are you getting that from?

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
But you said "nope Burgess is 550K"

Where are you getting that from?
Someone close to the club.
Where are you getting $700k from?

Also for the record Arrow is on closer to 700k not $800k+ as some would lead you to believe

Also the extensions to those players would have already been factored into salary cap equation before letting go of Reyno and Gagai (as we did actually have $$$ and made offers to both players after… Su’a wasn’t offered a deal)
The signing of Chee Kam and Havilii would not have used much both were without deals and looking for life lines

Rabbits20

Immortal
The club doesn’t have too mate in members emails they’ll never tell us off an upgrade. But things get leaked mate from various sources including sometimes from within a club or player managers...... no way Tom is on 550k mate he got upgraded on his last deal when he was coming into his prime. I read articles on this too but if I search them I don’t wanna put them on here in case I get in trouble etc like Botany has said. Richo gave him his upgrade.

It was in a fox league article last year too.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Someone close to the club.
Where are you getting $700k from?

Also for the record Arrow is on closer to 700k not $800k+ as some would lead you to believe

Also the extensions to those players would have already been factored into salary cap equation before letting go of Reyno and Gagai (as we did actually have $$$ and made offers to both players after… Su’a wasn’t offered a deal)
The 700K comes from the list of top 100 NRL salaries, I've already said to Google it. But if it makes you happy, let's make it 150K extra left over.

I already edited the Ja i Arrow figure back to 700K, so go back and check the original post and maths.

Mate, the rest of what you say, we already know this. Go back and check the maths. You think Murray - a SOO and Test player and next captain of South's is gonna be on cheap money, even 500K? 15 other clubs would be begging to have him on their roster for that money.

Koloamatangi got a new deal for 2022 and 2023. You think he is still on 200K?

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
The 700K comes from the list of top 100 NRL salaries, I've already said to Google it. But if it makes you happy, let's make it 150K extra left over.

I already edited the Ja i Arrow figure back to 700K, so go back and check the original post and maths.

Mate, the rest of what you say, we already know this. Go back and check the maths. You think Murray - a SOO and Test player and next captain of South's is gonna be on cheap money, even 500K? 15 other clubs would be begging to have him on their roster for that money.

Koloamatangi got a new deal for 2022 and 2023. You think he is still on 200K?

If we had $700k to offer to Reyno + $500k to Gagai then that money should still be available right now still

Milford was already signed
Chee Kam , Havilii and the youngsters (on minimum contracts) would be covered by the other 9 players who have left

you need to factor in the timing of things mate

You would be naive to believe everything you read in the media.

I will leave it there