What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs State Of Origin

Jim Rockford

Bench
That NSW won by a record margin?
I can't quite understand why you're coming in to bat for Fittler. The guy is absolutely no friend of our club, quite the opposite. He never misses a chance to stick it to us when he can. We may have won this series well, but let Fittler keep giving his "jobs for the boys" and we'll quickly be back in Qlds shadow.

callmack1

Staff member
Munster - Disaster averted but Cleary, Luai test remains: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/15/munster-disaster-averted-but-cleary-luai-test-remains/

Renouf - How Maroons can convert upset win into momentum: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/15/renouf-how-maroons-can-convert-upset-win-into-momentum/

‘If you are not in blue I don’t respect you‘ - Latrell Mitchell on Origin stoush with Dane Gagai: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...i/news-story/01389daedb4c14331c6376760577915e

The QLD inquisition will be brutal, but finally there’s some real signs of life - Blog With Hoops: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...s/news-story/21a00d7efd5ff1a34601712314b185eb

Travitoh

First Grade
I can't quite understand why you're coming in to bat for Fittler. The guy is absolutely no friend of our club, quite the opposite. He never misses a chance to stick it to us when he can. We may have won this series well, but let Fittler keep giving his "jobs for the boys" and we'll quickly be back in Qlds shadow.
That's exactly it. You're basing your opinion of him on personal feelings. I'm basing my opinion of him on what he is achieving.

FWIW, I'm glad he didn't pick Reynolds and Walker for a dead rubber because as a Souths fan i care more about the 2 points than a series sweep.

Jim Rockford

Bench
That's exactly it. You're basing your opinion of him on personal feelings. I'm basing my opinion of him on what he is achieving.

FWIW, I'm glad he didn't pick Reynolds and Walker for a dead rubber because as a Souths fan i care more about the 2 points than a series sweep.
What about in the future when it's not a dead rubber and he doesn't pick Souths players that are deserving to instead pick one of his mates. Yes, I can't stand the guy, but I'm basing my opinion on him throwing the chance for a clean sweep just so he can pick his buddy Moses. Even the Souths haters here on LU admit Reyno and Walker should have been there instead of the massively over-rated Moses.

Travitoh

First Grade
What about in the future when it's not a dead rubber and he doesn't pick Souths players that are deserving to instead pick one of his mates. Yes, I can't stand the guy, but I'm basing my opinion on him throwing the chance for a clean sweep just so he can pick his buddy Moses. Even the Souths haters here on LU admit Reyno and Walker should have been there instead of the massively over-rated Moses.
The guy gave Cook, Murray and Cody their debuts. He dropped Latrell as a Rooster and recalled him as a Rabbitoh. Brought Graham and Koloamatangi into the squad from nowhere. If he doesn't pick Souths players then I'm Britney.

There's no guarentee that Reynolds and/or Cody would've done better. The two have 1 origin win from 6 appearances between them and 1 more try assist than Moses got last night.

Moses wasn't by any definition great but he was far from the worst Blue on the night.

Jim Rockford

Bench
That's cool. We can agree to disagree. You like the guy, I think he's a massive douche. One thing though is I guarantee Reynolds would have done a LOT better than Moses last night.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
In my humble opinion, I think Cody is the one who would have made a big difference. Cook probably would have had the ball going more left than right, also the link with Latrell, and Brian, ability to get the ball out quickly to the left, blind side plays to create overlaps etc. Wighton can't pass from right to left, he only passes from left to right, plus he is not a creator, he runs the ball, and its almost always stepping off the left foot to cut back to the right - away from his centre and winger. Plus his kicking game was crap, 2 7-tackle sets, both of which passing it out wide rather than kicking might have been a better option. Cody is a master at reading those very situations.

On Moses, an interesting comment that seemed to crop up from a number of callers on 2SM this arvo was that Moses was kind of sidelined out of the play because of Tedesco running more side-to-side than straight, plus Tedesco getting into 1st receiver a lot on that right side. Not saying I agree, and not bagging Tedesco, but I can see what these people are saying.

Just shows you that the chemistry of combinations and knowing what skills are needed to bring out the best of your best players (Trell, Turbo, Teddy) are more important than looking at matchups (Wighton on Munster, Moses on DCE etc). Dumb approach because Munster was mainly on the opposite side of the field to Wighton.

callmack1

Staff member

big hit!

Bench
A bump, but I would just like to call out the supporters here who were spitting chips about Walker or Reynolds not being selected for an unimportant match where the series was already won.

What benefit did it have for South Sydney? What if one of these guys were injured in the dead rubber?

Souths could be Parramatta right now.

If it was game 1 or 2 of the series and the choice was between our boys and Moses, then fair enough. But the hysterics above were for a nothing game where Souths and our boys had everything to lose and very little to gain.

Where are Souths right now? Where are Parramatta?

Once again, thank you Freddy.

Jim Rockford

Bench
As one of those Big Hit! is referring to I would like to respond. I suggest you ask those players if they wanted to be picked for a "nothing game" If you have earned the right by playing well then to be overlooked is a slap in the face. As for the chance of picking up an injury, that is a possibility in every game they play. Should they not play this week to avoid possibly being injured? Of course not, that would be moronic.