What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ratings

haha, you dont know what our tv deal is so how do you get to $20mill? Looking at 2019 respective revenues the tv deal was significantly more than $20mill difference (all media $73 mill difference). It was claimed their ninth game was worth an extra $52mill a year on their tv deals, like I said they could afford to pss money up the wall as they were earning so damn much of it. Be interesting to see if Covid changes that longer term when the Suns in particular look like a very expensive luxury just to force NRL to prop up the Titans.

We still have no idea what the NRLs tv revenue is or what it will be in the coming years, you dont bury something like that without good reason, and its usually not good news you hide.
its claimed
its claimed lol

yea right

Perth Red

Post Whore
its claimed
its claimed lol

yea right
yes claimed, there been no “official” afl commentary. that figure came from one of the expansion clubs. The facts we do know is that the AFL tv deal went from $250mill ayear to $418mill a year on the back of expansion. Easily covering the $40mill a year they are investing in becoming a national competition.

yes claimed, there been no “official” afl commentary. that figure came from one of the expansion clubs. The facts we do know is that the AFL tv deal went from $250mill ayear to $418mill a year on the back of expansion. Easily covering the $40mill a year they are investing in becoming a national competition.
hahahaha

it came from one of the expansion clubs ??

hmmmm
have you seen the crowds posted by the midgets?

nuff said

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Ratings - Round 20​

STV ratings (Foxtel)

Thu 7:50pm - SYD v PAR - 189K
Fri 6:00pm - WST v WAR - 209K
Fri 8:05pm - BRI v NQL - 174K
Sun 1:50pm - NEW v CAN - 145K
Sun 4:05pm - MEL v PEN - 242K
Sun 6:25pm - SGI v SOU - 164K*
Mon 6:00pm - CBY v GLD - 130K
Mon 8:05pm - CRO v MAN - 146K

Round 20 STV total: 1.399M

*note: due to match rescheduling and ratings coding, this figure may be corrected later.

FTA ratings (Nine Network)

Thu 7:50pm - SYD v PAR - 281K (metro only)
Fri 7:55pm - BRI v NQL - 400K (244K metro, 156K regional)
Sun 4:05pm - MEL v PEN - 379K (271K metro, 107K regional)

Round 20 FTA total: 1.060M (not incl. Thursday regional)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Vfl is very much promoted by ch7 during the Olympics.

Not something I normally watch, they cannot help themselves, bunch of Victorians hosting.

They love NSW and Qld winning gold.

nrl crushing it last night for the first FTA saturday night simulcast game
Melb V Manly
404K on FTA
269K on foxtel probs over 400K with streaming

800K plus on a saturday night!!
very tidy indeed

259K for Chooks v Panthers .. probs near 400 with streaming. Nice
147K for the Warriors & Sharks 250 with streaming
good numbers up against the olympics

meanwhile the self anointed national sports numbers were dire to say the least
FTA just 209K ( metro only ) for last nights games shown only in Syd & Adelaide
probs 75K in the regionals
& a combined 499K for 4 games on foxtel
probs 750K total with streaming
struggling to a bit over a million for 4 games
while the NRL got to a bit under 1.5 Million for 3

wow

the bloodyslow game which I wasn't even aware was on, yawnions biggest annual event
395K total
hahahahahahahaha

Perth Red

Post Whore
On rare Saturday night game ratings weren't too bad, not great but not bad given up against Olympics.

Metro 266k
Regional 138k
PTV 269k

Must say how much I've enjoyed the 7app Olympics options and being able to watch so many different channels and sports. I can see a time when we have similar for NRL with games being simucast across digital channels, highlights and minis on demand, other content etc. No need for every game to be live in its own slot anymore. I wonder if this is the vision Grant had when he said digital is the future and NRL needs to invest in its own content creation?

another head to head win by the NRL over the victorian game last night

NRL
842K , another ch 9 poor match up that had little bearing on finals or anything
AFL
827K a game critical to the 8 & a rematch of the 2019 GF no less
but the NRL prevailed again ...
and an outright thumping by the NRL when streaming is included for both games

Perth Red

Post Whore
still don’t understand why the companies dont report streaming numbers now they have become so significant.

Last edited:
another 800K odd watching the NRL on saturday night with a guestimate on streaming & probably close to 1.5 million all up for the 3 games

the AFL mustered the same amount of viewers approx
but
for 5 games lol

Billythekid

First Grade
Not ideal though that the AFL out rated us in Brisbane (yes I know they likely had a local team playing).

This year has been interesting for the NRL. Despite all the COVID stuff and the huge amounts of blowouts I think overall when we see streaming numbers included our ratings this year have been pretty decent. It’s FTA where at times our ratings are embarrassing. The NRL need to consider this when doing the next TV deal. People are tuning out from ch9 and those left watching is more because it’s their only option.

Hartwood

Juniors
Not ideal though that the AFL out rated us in Brisbane (yes I know they likely had a local team playing).

This year has been interesting for the NRL. Despite all the COVID stuff and the huge amounts of blowouts I think overall when we see streaming numbers included our ratings this year have been pretty decent. It’s FTA where at times our ratings are embarrassing. The NRL need to consider this when doing the next TV deal. People are tuning out from ch9 and those left watching is more because it’s their only option.
i think this is showing that we are losing the casual viewer. the blowout scores and dominance of the top 4 clubs is causing the FTA decline. only people that are still watching are the diehards paying for it.
NRL losing viewers in brisbane is concerning and is proof that we need a second brisbane side

the worst broncos team in history.. well actually the 2nd worst
still doubles the ratings of the top 4 lions on FTA , the only real measure worth noting.
so it isn't that much of a worry for mine

's big top 4 clashes in both codes last night in a head to head battle with the major market in both codes also in lockdown
so a fair apples V apples fight in many respects

the NRL got 959K without streaming , a massive 300K on foxtel alone
the AFL got 1064K without streaming

as reported with the NRL regularly getting 60% of foxtels numbers on kayo
& the AFL only about 40%
the NRL got about 180K on kayo
the AFL about 85K
a tiny win to the AFL 1150K to the NRL's 1140K

Last edited:

tri_colours

Juniors
's big top 4 clashes in both codes last night in a head to head battle with the major market in both codes also in lockdown
so a fair apples V apples fight in many respects

the NRL got 959K without streaming , a massive 300K on foxtel alone
the AFL got 1064K without streaming

as reported with the NRL regularly getting 60% of foxtels numbers on kayo
& the AFL only about 40%
the NRL got about 180K on kayo
the AFL about 85K
a tiny win to the AFL 1150K to the NRL's 1140K
Also C9 bought the streaming rights for its own matches. C7 didn't. That would give us a slight victory.

And with streaming, we would be looking at 1m on Thursday night. So when They finaly start counting streaming in the ratings and Queensland gets its act together, the numbers willl be very embarrasing for the Southerners

Latest posts