What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ratings

The_Wookie

Bench
Is that a fact, why not wait until all the numbers are available, you have form in spreading mistruths, Norman.

I was very clear about how the figures were arrived at. If and when more data is released the figures will be updated.

As for the rest. You have an issue with me on other forums, you should take it to those forums.

The_Wookie

Bench

Direct From 9PR
Channel 9’s Thursday Night NRL was a dominant timeslot winner in Sydney and Brisbane across all key demos.
Channel 9’s Thursday Night NRL recorded a 5 City Metro peak audience of 689,000 (Metro: 412,000 / Regional: 278, 000) and a national average audience of 546,000 (Metro: 346, 000 / Regional: 200,000).
Nines figures did not include GEM (hence the twitter correction)

comfortable win to the NRL on Friday night when streaming is included . This is in an origin affected round & an average match up too

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have ditched Kayo and let them know it was when they started paying Ray Hadley.

Lost a customer.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have not watched 9 for years. I just go to the NRL site, they have full replays, old men are patience.

The_Wookie

Bench
From 9PR

Sunday Afternoon NRL dominated the afternoon timeslot in Sydney and Brisbane.
Sunday Afternoon NRL achieved a national peak audience of 819,000 (Metro: 544,000 / Regional: 265,000) and an average national audience of 433,000 (Metro: 294,000 / Regional: 138,000).

sunday9PR.JPG

sundaynrloztam.JPG

go figure

We need to work harder on increasing non RL states audiences!

Hmmm yes... but how???

img

35238026-8912501-image-a-43_1604481523736.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hmmm yes... but how???

img

35238026-8912501-image-a-43_1604481523736.jpg
That would certainly help! I don't watch FTA TV so I'm not sure if NRL gets much advertising on the main channel 9 for the games on the secondary channels? On Sunday NRL got 23k in AFL cities whilst AFL got 82k in NRL cities. That's nearly as many watching AFL in NRL heartland as watched NRL in Brisbane!! We are def not doing something right.

We need to work harder on increasing non RL states audiences!

That would certainly help! I don't watch FTA TV so I'm not sure if NRL gets much advertising on the main channel 9 for the games on the secondary channels? On Sunday NRL got 23k in AFL cities whilst AFL got 82k in NRL cities. That's nearly as many watching AFL in NRL heartland as watched NRL in Brisbane!! We are def not doing something right.
omfg
thats not even remotely comparable lol

that was 23K watching one NRL game not involving the storm , while the 82K was 2 games into Sydney involving both the derping sides from sydney in back to back games & brisbane getting the first game

try harder pal

The_Wookie

Bench

the answer is the same as its always been. You need teams for locals to want to watch, and then you need to show them the games that there team is playing. If the NRL had an AFL type broadcast deal, then the Storm would be on tv every week on Nine in Melbourne and the average rating for NRL matches would be much higher. See also regional teams.

Perth Red

Post Whore
omfg
thats not even remotely comparable lol

that was 23K watching one NRL game not involving the storm , while the 82K was 2 games into Sydney involving both the derping sides from sydney in back to back games & brisbane getting the first game

try harder pal

Its not a one off though, its pretty steady gap. Pal. And what it shows is that we need clubs in those cities if that is what is driving the gap in Sydney and Brisbane.

Friday 2nd July AFL 60k NRL 26k
Sunday July 4th AFL 80k NRL 20k
Friday 9th July AFL 48k NRL 22k

The fact we can get 350k watching SOO in those 3 afl cities should be telling us there is potential there to be tapped into.

the answer is the same as its always been. You need teams for locals to want to watch, and then you need to show them the games that there team is playing. If the NRL had an AFL type broadcast deal, then the Storm would be on tv every week on Nine in Melbourne and the average rating for NRL matches would be much higher. See also regional teams.
again

what was being shown ?
the swines in sydney or the kitty kats in brisbane up against .... idk, the knights & cowboys in the derping capitals

apples v apples please

Sunday July 4th
Swines V the West Coke Eagles
rating 80K in Sydney

V

the useless Tigers V Souths in the NRL
no wonder it only rated 20K

thats what I'm referring to , thats not an apples for apples comparison FFS

The_Wookie

Bench
STATE OF ORIGIN GAME 3 DOMINATES WEDNESDAY CLAIMING THE NO.3 PROGRAM OF THE YEAR AND PEAKING AT 2.843 MILLION

9Network
was the winning network across the 5 City with People 25-54 (45.6%), People 16-39 (52.2%), GS + Child (46.8%) and Total People (40.3%).

Channel 9 was the primary channel of choice across the 5 City with People 25-54 (39.9%), People 16-39 (47.7%), GS + Child (41.0%) and Total People (33.8%).

State of Origin Rugby League NSW v QLD 3rd – Match
won the night as the overwhelming No. 1 program with all key demos.

State of Origin Rugby League NSW v QLD 3rd - Match achieved a national peak audience of 2.843 million (Metro: 1.908 million / Regional: 936,000) and a national average audience of 2.520 million (Metro: 1.746 million / Regional: 774,000).

State of Origin Rugby League NSW v QLD 3rd – Match achieved a Total National average audience: 2.733 million (Metro: 1.746 million / Regional: 774,000 / 9NOW: 213,000) and was up on the last time we had a game 3 where the series had already been decided.

State of Origin Rugby League NSW v QLD 3rd – Match is the third highest rating program of 2021 for linear TV.

State of Origin Rugby League NSW v QLD 3rd – Match
was the No.1 live streamed program on Wednesday and the match recorded live VPM rating of 213,000 which is up 22% year on year.

Latest posts