What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Round One ...... FIGHT!!!!

MugaB

Coach
Screenshot_20210214-103321_Samsung Internet.jpg

FoxSports predicted team Vs the CHINESE YEAR OF THE OXboys

interesting that they see Spencer in at starting front row, maybe might be Eisenhuth or Leota

panthersam

Juniors
Letoa goes ok but Spencer will blow straight past him pretty quickly

It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out, both have been best (although it’s only the real chance Spencer has had) as the impact prop off the bench so I wonder who will handle the starting role/pace of the game. I have no doubt it will eventually be Spencer but because he is still so inexperienced I wonder if it might take a full season just being in the 17 to get to the starting role.

panthersam

Juniors
So like this?

1. Edwards
2. Staines
3. Naden/Momirovski
4. Crichton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Fish
9. Api
10. Leota
11. Kikau
12. Capewell
13. Yeo

Interchange:

14. May
15. Lenui
16. Martin
17. Eisenhuth????

Like the flash from comics.

I will be extremely happy if we run out with something similar to that as our 17 every week

MugaB

Coach
I will be extremely happy if we run out with something similar to that as our 17 every week
Id be starting Martin over Capewell, purely to inject capes in after 20mins of the tough stuff, Martin can take pain moreso and can drop into the middle incase fish or leota need a spell

panthersam

Juniors
Id be starting Martin over Capewell, purely to inject capes in after 20mins of the tough stuff, Martin can take pain moreso and can drop into the middle incase fish or leota need a spell

That’s one of a few interchangeable options I think we have where both options have the ability to be great for us, the starting prop position being another one as well as the right centre position - honestly can’t wait for the season

Crashtest

Juniors
So like this?

1. Edwards
2. Staines
3. Naden/Momirovski
4. Crichton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Fish
9. Api
10. Leota
11. Kikau
12. Capewell
13. Yeo

Interchange:

14. May
15. Lenui
16. Martin
17. Eisenhuth????

Unless Cleary wants to split up the experience of Fish and Leota so they are both not off the field at the same time which would leave two less experienced Props on together.

WestyLife

First Grade
Unless Cleary wants to split up the experience of Fish and Leota so they are both not off the field at the same time which would leave two less experienced Props on together.
Yeah that makes sense I was just expanding on what frog said. Although an argument could be made Leota has earned it.

The_Frog

First Grade
So like this?

1. Edwards
2. Staines
3. Naden/Momirovski
4. Crichton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Fish
9. Api
10. Leota
11. Kikau
12. Capewell
13. Yeo

Interchange:

14. May
15. Lenui
16. Martin
17. Eisenhuth????
This is how I see it, including the ???'s on the 17. Ivan's big on earning your place and maintaining pecking orders, Leota has always been ahead of Leniu, each will move up one rung. Note how he didn't promote Burton past Luai last year although many thought he would. He was proven right.

WestyLife

First Grade
This is how I see it, including the ???'s on the 17. Ivan's big on earning your place and maintaining pecking orders, Leota has always been ahead of Leniu, each will move up one rung. Note how he didn't promote Burton past Luai last year although many thought he would. He was proven right.

Yeah I was trying to create the 17 based on your earlier comment and for the life of me can't really think of who that last bench spot will go to. 100% agreed on players earning their spot.

franklin2323

Immortal
So like this?

1. Edwards
2. Staines
3. Naden/Momirovski
4. Crichton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Fish
9. Api
10. Leota
11. Kikau
12. Capewell
13. Yeo

Interchange:

14. May
15. Lenui
16. Martin
17. Eisenhuth????

I'd have Sorensen over Eisenhuth

Crashtest

Juniors
I'd have Sorensen over Eisenhuth

As a 4th prop and 17th spot, i think it’s an easy decision of Eisenhuth over Sorensen. Eisenhuth has played 70 first grade games, and last year despite not being a favourite of Maguire still played 14 games, averaging 110m and 40 tackles at 93.4%.

If can put up those sort of numbers as our 4th prop, then we will be in a good position.

Plus Ivan gave him his debut at the Tigers, extended his contract there, then signed him to the Panthers, so knows what he is getting if he picks Eisenhuth in the 17.

panthersam

Juniors
As a 4th prop and 17th spot, i think it’s an easy decision of Eisenhuth over Sorensen. Eisenhuth has played 70 first grade games, and last year despite not being a favourite of Maguire still played 14 games, averaging 110m and 40 tackles at 93.4%.

If can put up those sort of numbers as our 4th prop, then we will be in a good position.

Plus Ivan gave him his debut at the Tigers, extended his contract there, then signed him to the Panthers, so knows what he is getting if he picks Eisenhuth in the 17.

Yeah I agree that it will be Eiso as the 17 if the squad stays similar to what it is now. I agree that for what we need him to do he will be fine, I actually think he has an underrated passing game too - really soft hands for such a big boy.

franklin2323

Immortal

Depends how you want the backrow to work. I want Kikau, Capewell and Martin all getting 50 mins each. For that to happen Martin needs to be prop in his 2nd stint

kinghippo

Juniors
I haven't seen much of momorovski in action but I really like the idea of a bit more ball play in the centres.
Getting some quality ball to the wingers really helped last year, and i felt it was a big part our improved attack.
If momorovski has it in his game it could really take a bit of the pressure off
Edwards and let him focus on his natural running game.