What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 season

Jane Murray

Bench
This win was our second perfect defensive comp game in a row after we beat the Dogs in the final 2020 game 42-0. So that is 66-0 in the past two games, and 118-14 in our past 4 comp games.

Yep, something is going well.
Yet some still complain? Yes four tries were bombed, however, I blame that on the humidity, and a bit of rustiness.

The_Frog

First Grade
Premiership Betting (Sportsbet) After Round 1
$
5.5 Panthers, Rabbitohs, Roosters
6 Storm
9 Raiders
15 Eels
21 Titans, Knights
26 Warriors
34 Sharks, Manly, Cowboys
51 Bulldogs, Tigers
67 Broncos
81 Dragons

We've eased despite winning.

The Realist

Juniors
Premiership Betting (Sportsbet) After Round 1

We've eased despite winning.

Well what did I say in the other tread? We were not that impressive despite the win. I was expecting more against a the grossly incompetent Cowboys - and clearly so were the punters!

WestyLife

First Grade
Well what did I say in the other tread? We were not that impressive despite the win. I was expecting more against a the grossly incompetent Cowboys - and clearly so were the punters!
Storm at $6 after smashing Souths so the punters can't be too worried about us.

GongPanther

Referee
Yet some still complain? Yes four tries were bombed, however, I blame that on the humidity, and a bit of rustiness.
I regard this game simply as a trial match with two comp points, as most of the clubs would. Give it the usual 4 games or so and most teams will be fine tuned by then.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Seems the only thing Mannah said was that it's doubtful we don't emulate the run we had last season... Is anyone really that surprised? I seriously doubt we'll be as good as last season as well, it was a dream run.

WestyLife

First Grade
Considering the last legal team before us to achieve this was in 1975, the chance of doing it again must be miniscule. But not zero.

Yeah that seems about right. It'd be pretty crazy if it did happen again. Even without a prem this team would go down as one of the best ever.

chrisD

Coach
I agree we are not likely to have as good a record as last season but I think we will be a better team. We don't have old players, no-one should be worse for another season and most will be better. Crichton and Luai should be stronger defensively with more experience and To'o there instead of Mansour. Momirovski will certainly be a better defender than Naden, Capewell will hopefully play the season and is a considerably better defender than Martin. May giving Api a breather potentially could be a big improvement.

Tamou's best qualities are things we shouldn't really need, and with Spencer we may have improved. Hopefully Huth can play near Tetevano's level.

betcats

Referee
I was pretty happy with what Huth gave us. For those who werent if you watch a replay take note of his defensive work rate, he worked very hard the whole time he was on field he was involved in two or three tackles every set many of them as the first contact. Add 121 running metres and really you arent going to get much better from a journeymen bench prop.

Last edited: