What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 SF 2 Sat - Penrith 8-6 Parramatta @ BB Print

Finals Week 2: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
The fact that you think a winger , however good, is comparable to a top-3 NRL hooker in a game like that is a testament to the level of smug....your replacement went pretty good.

Should've seen the carry on when they were missing a few key middles

GongPanther

Referee
That was an absorbing game. really enjoyable. Both sides sketchy on attack but very willing in defence.

Even as a Manly fan last night the last twenty minutes was just torture hoping no one got suspended or injured. This one went right down to the last minute.
Hopefully see you in the GF.

blaza88z

Coach
You mean when that f**ker Flegler concussed Yeo?

That'd be one example but I wasn't even referring to the Brisbane game, there were other games like against the Tigers

Meanwhile several other teams like Melbourne haven't had their full compliment for large chunks of the season and were still able to fly high

Delboy

First Grade
In all honesty, Parra had a scrum feed 20 yards out with a minute to go. Everything before that time was negated when Paulo dropped the ball cold. THAT was the only difference between the two sides, as hard as it is for the Eels fans to fathom. And it is an emotional stab in the heart when you have been throwing your support behind your side, only to be so close...us Panthers fans get it, as we can attest from last years GF.
If that simpleton referee ha stopped the clock as he was supposed to when the ball was kicked downfield , then no need to rush plays. Just another example of poor officiating from Klein,

GongPanther

Referee
Clearys gotta stop teaching he’s players to take dives and lay down like f**king dogs until they milk a penalty
That Penrith player, Mitch Kenny had his foot walked on by a parra player. You saw him get helped off.

And if you want to call out milking a penalty, then Blake Ferguson gets my vote for the milkmaid of the year!

The_Frog

First Grade
That Penrith player, Mitch Kenny had his foot walked on by a parra player. You saw him get helped off.

And if you want to call out milking a penalty, then Blake Ferguson gets my vote for the milkmaid of the year!
The one in front of the sticks where Sorensen got clocked fair on the snoz right in front of Klein, is a perfect demonstration of why players stay down.

Bazal

Post Whore
Stones/glass houses...which you have no say in. Be dignified in your loss and don't succumb to being sucked into other's battles. You are better than that.

I've been plenty dignified in my discussions of the match with those Panthers fans (and others) who I consider deserve the dignity

blaza88z

Coach
Tonight's game confirmed what we all already knew, in the big games when the result actually matters they are afraid to make the big calls

Moses was held back after Ferguson kicked the ball down field, it's been 10 in the bin all season, not tonight.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Tough going Parra, made a real gutsy effort of it, just didn't have the class needed in attack to seal it.

Somehow I don't think Melbourne are too nervous about coming up against this Penrith team. They look busted.

The one in front of the sticks where Sorensen got clocked fair on the snoz right in front of Klein, is a perfect demonstration of why players stay down.
I agree with this 100%. If the refs aren’t going to call things on the field (because they aren’t subject to the same scrutiny during the flow of the game) you are always going to get people lying down.

Same thing with the Moses obstruction in the first half. Its an infringement and should be a penalty, but if you try to stay on your feet and make that tackle (which Moses could have done) then the bunker said it didn’t impact play and play on. So of course you fall over.

If the NRL wants players to not lay down, they should referee the rules and not the outcomes.