What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think we'll see a far different team come 2022. With the imminent departures of Dufty and Norman, there opens positions, and I can sense a few positional changes next year also.

These are just my opinion:

Back 5:
1. Ramsey
2. Feagai x2 / Sloan
3. Williame / Feagai x2
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa

Halves:
6. Amone
7. Hunt (to begin the season) / Sullivan

Forwards:
8. Lawrie
10. Vaughan
11. Bird
12. Sims
13. Fuimaono

Hooker:
9. Macca / Hunt

14. Utility player - ie: Sullivan
15. Molo
16. Maguire
17. JDB

As I see the year progressing, I think Sullivan will become the starting 7 with Hunt moving to the utility bench role, filling in mainly for Macca who is done by about the 50th minute of games now. Also, Bird to the edge seems the right move for him now. Kerr, Alvaro, Ford, Poasa and Burns to spend most of 2022 in reserve grade. Vaughan will be lucky to hold his spot for the entire season (imo).

Coffs dragon

Bench
One thing I know for certain is our team contains the Worst Spine in the NRL.
A total renovation & rebuild is imperative for 2022.
Currently we have players:
#1 that can only attack & can't defend.
#9 that can only defend & offers zero attack
#6 & 7 that can't attack or defend with any consistency & yet offer average kicking.

As for the forwards...the least said the better, as they offer the least yardage in the game.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I think we'll see a far different team come 2022. With the imminent departures of Dufty and Norman, there opens positions, and I can sense a few positional changes next year also.

Back 5:
1. Ramsey
2. Feagai x2 / Sloan
3. Williame / Feagai x2
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa

Halves:
6. Amone

Forwards:
8. Lawrie
10. Vaughan
11. Bird
12. Sims
13. Fuimaono

Hooker:
9. Macca / Hunt

15. Molo
16. Maguire
17. JDB

As I see the year progressing, I think Sullivan will become the starting 7 with Hunt moving to the utility bench role, filling in mainly for Macca who is done by about the 50th minute of games now. Also, Bird to the edge seems the right move for him now. Kerr, Alvaro, Ford, Poasa and Burns to spend most of 2022 in reserve grade. Vaughan will be lucky to hold his spot for the entire season (imo).
I think Molo has been bought to start, Lawrie to the bench
JDB would start at 13 having just been signed long term also I would think
I also think Bird is better at 6 or 3. Kerr needs a spot in the 17
Still some signings to be made also that should come into the squad.

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
#6 & 7 that can't attack or defend with any consistency & yet offer average kicking.

As for the forwards...the least said the better, as they offer the least yardage in the game.
The only thing that any don't have problems with is picking up the paycheck 😆

Gareth67

First Grade

In regards to the forwards , my hogs back at Kandos had more bite in them than our current mob of pretenders . Of
course they have all met their ends by now - either at Xmas on your dinner plate or as bacon along with the complimentary eggs .

Perhaps that is where the Dragon hog-pack should go - into a butchers shop , they certainly won’t put up any fight that’s for sure . 🐷

Coffs dragon

Bench
In regards to the forwards , my hogs back at Kandos had more bite in them than our current mob of pretenders . Of
course they have all met their ends by now - either at Xmas on your dinner plate or as bacon along with the complimentary eggs .

Perhaps that is where the Dragon hog-pack should go - into a butchers shop , they certainly won’t put up any fight that’s for sure . 🐷
Gareth if they taste like they play….it would be shit!

Inisai Toga

Juniors

Or just spend 10 minutes with the toughest of them all from Kandos, Kevin Ryan. Just a stare substituting as a half time speech should do the trick!

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Or just spend 10 minutes with the toughest of them all from Kandos, Kevin Ryan. Just as stare substituting as a half time speech should do the trick!

Your correct about that Inisai , Kandos could well and truly put them in the right head space - one way or another , preferably the latter .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I

Back 5:
1. Ramsey
2. Feagai x2 / Sloan
3. Williame / Feagai x2
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa

Halves:
6. Amone

Forwards:
8. Lawrie
10. Vaughan
11. Bird
12. Sims
13. Fuimaono

Hooker:
9. Macca / Hunt

15. Molo
16. Maguire
17. JDB

I would be pretty happy with that side. That of course is assuming we don’t go to the market. The main changes I see to your side for mine is JDB will likely start by then and either Fuimaono or Ford would be the bench utility. Alvaro or Poasa could fill the last spot.

matPORTS

Juniors
I've seen some print media alluding to Widdop potentially landing at the Warriors with Kodi Nikorima wanting to find an Australian based club for personal reasons.

I've seen some other comments in the forums/social media alluding to us needing an experienced half, with one idea of bringing Shaun Johnson in on a 2 year (1 year + option) deal. But it looks like Shaun is about to join the Bulldogs immediately.

Nikorima & Hook have previous connection at the Broncos, don't they (at least via the junior system)? Just reading between the lines...

Unsainty79

Juniors
I've seen some print media alluding to Widdop potentially landing at the Warriors with Kodi Nikorima wanting to find an Australian based club for personal reasons.

I've seen some other comments in the forums/social media alluding to us needing an experienced half, with one idea of bringing Shaun Johnson in on a 2 year (1 year + option) deal. But it looks like Shaun is about to join the Bulldogs immediately.

Nikorima & Hook have previous connection at the Broncos, don't they (at least via the junior system)? Just reading between the lines...

There was a rumour floating about Nikorima a little while ago. Does make some sense, considering we're apparently looking for a #14. Been linked to Mbye, Nikorima and apparently Peachey. Interesting if any of it is true. Who knows.

getsmarty

Immortal
There was a rumour floating about Nikorima a little while ago. Does make some sense, considering we're apparently looking for a #14. Been linked to Mbye, Nikorima and apparently Peachey. Interesting if any of it is true. Who knows.

Nope....

As stated weeks ago, we are looking to strengthen the forwards.

getsmarty

Immortal

Dragons to boost forward pack in overhaul​

• Pamela Whaley​

National Sport

Anthony Griffin (r) is keen to boost St George Illawarra's forward pack for next season.

Anthony Griffin (r) is keen to boost St George Illawarra's forward pack for next season.

Cash freed up from the departures of Corey Norman and Matt Dufty will be invested in St George Illawarra's forward pack amid a roster clean out of the battling NRL side.
Both Dufty and Norman have been told they won't be re-signed by the club at the end of the season with coach Anthony Griffin saying it was a sign of respect to be honest with the backline stars.
Since Griffin joined the Dragons at the start of the season, he has begun overhauling the roster.
He said on Friday he would continue to do so.

"We'll continue to try and build our forward pack over the next six months," he said ahead of Saturday's clash with Canberra.
"At the moment we're just dealing with what we've got to deal with in sorting out our list. The forward pack has always been our focus.
"At the moment we've got (Junior) Amone and (Jayden) Sullivan who are in our system, both have been elite halves in the juniors and lower grades.
"Jack Bird can play in the halves as well so we're well covered there."
Gerard Beale, Andrew McCullough and Josh McGuire have all joined the club under Griffin's reign, while Dufty, Norman and Cameron McInnes are on the way out at the end of the season.
After two wins from their past nine games, it's crucial the Dragons get their roster overhaul right with Griffin outlining the type of players he wants at the club.
"The simple things. Players who want to play for the team, their talent," he said.
"It's a funny thing building a list and roster management ... not just with our club but in other clubs, it's always a moving piece.
"I'm really happy with where we're heading at the moment."
News of Norman's future broke during last week's shock loss to Canterbury, leading to speculation the tough conversations had taken a toll on the playing group.
But Griffin said it was in the best interest of Norman and Dufty to play well over the last 10 games of the season.
"It's a sign of respect from our club to be honest with them and let them know where they stand so they can play well for our club, the club has been good to them in the time they're been here," Griffin said.
"Obviously they can play well to try and secure their future elsewhere.
"That all ties in together.
"If they don't play well individually it doesn't help them but also as a club we have a lot of respect for our players and I'm sure they'll repay that."
Meanwhile, Dufty is in doubt to play on Saturday with a shoulder injury while Zac Lomax is aiming for a return against Manly in round 18.