What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

The calm one

Juniors
Dont worry DS, he has been quoted this many times before.
Chosen One. Bless you my disciple, many moons have passed since we have communicated. The good news is I am attending the Forest tomorrow to spend a night with Owen. You are more than welcome to joins us. No need to bring anything, I will pack enough tomato plant for both of us. Stay calm.

BLM01

First Grade
Chosen One. Bless you my disciple, many moons have passed since we have communicated. The good news is I am attending the Forest tomorrow to spend a night with Owen. You are more than welcome to joins us. No need to bring anything, I will pack enough tomato plant for both of us. Stay calm.
Yo master. Yes been busy sowing the weed..I mean seed.
A lunar eclipse, a blood and even a blue moon has passed since we spoke.
I am very calm, busy with life and football committments and calm about the Hook and the way the Dragons are heading.
Its just sometimes the NRL.... officiating..different rules..different weeks, some on the forum...
it goes on and on
That is where I find refuge talking to my plants. Happy forest day! Owen needs you
But I am needed tomorrow back here on planet Earth, the plants, animals and Major Tom will have to wait.

Dragsters

First Grade
Molo would be great off the bench however, we need a beast to partner Vaughan in the run-on 13. The fourth prop will be whoever is the in-form player at the time but most probably Lawrie.

So in reserve grade, we would have Alvaro, Faamausili, Ellis, Ford, Burns, McGuire. Surely whoever is off-contract will be under pressure to leave. Ellis?

I'm pretty sure from memory (happy to be corrected if not) that we paid Molo $600k a season.

For that sort if coin possm, I'm pretty certain he will be a starting prop...

kit66

Bench
I've noticed that Reuben Garrick is yet to be signed for 2022 and beyond which is hard to believe. If Ramsey is going to FB we could do well to get Garrick back. He is 2nd in the league for line breaks, averages over 150 mtrs a game ( 324mtrs last Friday ), good defender, kicks goals and is improving each year and still only 23 years old. I don't know why we let him go in the first place, you'd have thought he was the perfect long term replacement for Nightie.

BLM01

First Grade
I've noticed that Reuben Garrick is yet to be signed for 2022 and beyond which is hard to believe. If Ramsey is going to FB we could do well to get Garrick back. He is 2nd in the league for line breaks, averages over 150 mtrs a game ( 324mtrs last Friday ), good defender, kicks goals and is improving each year and still only 23 years old. I don't know why we let him go in the first place, you'd have thought he was the perfect long term replacement for Nightie.
Garrick has resigned with Manly this week

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
Good defender ? What gamers have you been watching ?

BLM01

First Grade
Brandon Smith and Finucane should be a priority.
If we are not going with Dufty, i would also consider Ferguson on a one year contract until our juniors are ready for first grade.
Smith is at Storm next year..so for 2023 maybe
Finucane will remain with Storm so no as you have to pay masssive overs to get him.
Great workhorse but we need to get our cap right first
Fergo..... um....no, obvious has defensive issues, playing reggies

thebigredv

First Grade
In my fantasy world where I run the team I am now thinking to make a play for Shaun Johnson on a short contract. He would be the ideal man to play a similar role to Benji at the Rabbits. We have a couple of young options for 6 but neither Amone or Sullivan are ready due to inexperience or injury. We could have SJ around to guide them and play at 6 until one asserts his authority over the position. The timing could not be better and there's hardly a need to pay overs. He wouldn't have to move house.

thebigredv

First Grade
Surely Hook in all his wisdom can now have diagnosed the root of our squad issue. Norman was obvious and am grateful he is on his way, Dufty I can also understand but I am hoping he is not the scapegoat for a whole raft of plodding forwards/backrowers who serve next to no positive purpose. I trust the coach has identified the likes of Kerr, Ford, Ellis for the same fate and has a plan to bring in better options.