What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

since77

Juniors
You must be watching different games to me- look at his 2021 stats-5 tries in 9 appearances-32 tackle breaks, 10 line breaks- average running metres- 135- better stats than Pereira's -not bad.
It’s the 5 tries in 9 appearances stat that’s the issue. He’s bombed at least 5 as well - I’ve seen them all and they were all shockers.

BLM01

First Grade
Why do Clubs allow that in a player contract - unbelievable...
It gets a deal over the line with their manager And also when a player only wants to commit to less years than the club wants
Gives the player manager room to negotiate a review of salary in the option period or even an opportunity to a back ended deal bulk payment in the option
When a club has the option then situations reversed

Last edited:

Puff

First Grade
All I hear is crickets in this thread.

Time to head to the Roosters recruitment thread for a bit of excitement. Its the Redtube of football recruitment pages.

George Dragon

Juniors

St George Illawarra Dragons close in on Jaydn Su’A as Canterbury Bulldogs and Tigers chase big men​

The Dragons are confident of landing Jaydn Su’A as Canterbury and the Wests Tigers explore the market to sign some much needed forward depth.

@mcarayannis

2 min read
July 2, 2021 - 6:33PM
News Corp
St George Illawarra has emerged as the frontrunner to sign Maroons back-rower Jaydn Su’A as the Wests Tigers shift their focus to Dale Finucane leaving Canterbury in the box seat to land Tevita Pangai Jnr.

The NRL’s lockdown has not slowed up player movement discussions with a host of clubs continuing on with their recruitment plans for this year and beyond.
The Dragons are locked in talks with Su’A and it is understood they have tabled a three year deal to have the Queensland representative join the long list of former Broncos at the club.

Su’A has had an indifferent season with his Origin I appearance made in the middle of stints in reserve grade. He has not been able to nail down a spot with South Sydney this year and the Rabbitohs indicated to the 23-year-old that they do not have the salary cap space to keep him on a long-term deal and did not table an offer to Sua

thebigredv

First Grade
Reckon we will be well stocked with Sua and Molo. However it always worries me when Bennett doesn't pick a player. Haven't seen much of him recently to comment but could also be an affordable quality pick up.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Reckon we will be well stocked with Sua and Molo. However it always worries me when Bennett doesn't pick a player. Haven't seen much of him recently to comment but could also be an affordable quality pick up.
Rava at the start of the season had suspect hands and was fighting it out with JP for a spot, with JP the frontrunner. Hunt hasn't controlled the side the whole time he's been here. Sims looked like he'd never play Origin again. McGuire was struggling to get a bench spot at the Cowboys and looks born again. Even Kerr is starting to find form. Long story short the players are improving under Hook. He knows what type of players he wants and actually has a plan. Which a large part of is not paying overs and going more the Melbourne route of buying players that need work but have the right attitude. We have the benefit of having a good local junior base to build around. I do believe we are heading in the right direction but it wont happen overnight. The win tonight may just have been the win to get us into the finals. Go the Broncos vs the Sharks.

SaintPeter

Juniors
I'm a big supporter of Hook and you can see the changes in this team post the McFKnuckle era.
Enjoying the ride and looking forward to the future, as I expect we will extend Hooks tenure.
Would like to see more of our promising juniors get game time in first grade.
I think Sloan and Sullivan and the Fergais etc will light up the Dragons attack. Bring it on !!

BBTB

Juniors
I'm a big supporter of Hook and you can see the changes in this team post the McFKnuckle era.
Enjoying the ride and looking forward to the future, as I expect we will extend Hooks tenure.
Would like to see more of our promising juniors get game time in first grade.
I think Sloan and Sullivan and the Fergais etc will light up the Dragons attack. Bring it on !!
Hook is a very level headed individual. Responds well to the press, seems to get on with the
playing group and
gets results. Once he gets, his roster (forwards) in order, we'll see
a much improved
performance.

BLM01

First Grade
Rava at the start of the season had suspect hands and was fighting it out with JP for a spot, with JP the frontrunner. Hunt hasn't controlled the side the whole time he's been here. Sims looked like he'd never play Origin again. McGuire was struggling to get a bench spot at the Cowboys and looks born again. Even Kerr is starting to find form. Long story short the players are improving under Hook. He knows what type of players he wants and actually has a plan. Which a large part of is not paying overs and going more the Melbourne route of buying players that need work but have the right attitude. We have the benefit of having a good local junior base to build around. I do believe we are heading in the right direction but it wont happen overnight. The win tonight may just have been the win to get us into the finals. Go the Broncos vs the Sharks.
I will do my best McMediocrity impersonation with his iconic forward planning
"The aim is that we just need 4 wins from the last 8 games to make the 8
I think 26 will be the cut off. We deserve it as we have been in the 8 all year"
The disappointing part of last nights performance is our benchmark is keeping teams to 16, we did not achieve that.....although the 20-0 six agains against did not help."

That is where we have come from and why we folded most years through origin and into the back end.
There is 2 stand out current coaches that are similar excuse merchants
O'Brien & Barrett

Robbo is starting to complain about decisions finally going against them..about bloody time!
Sticky..well his team just cant get a bounce of the ball or luck ATM

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
I will do my best McMediocrity impersonation with his iconic forward planning
"The aim is that we just need 4 wins from the last 8 games to make the 8
I think 26 will be the cut off. We deserve it as we have been in the 8 all year"
The disappointing part of last nights performance is our benchmark is keeping teams to 16, we did not achieve that.....although the 20-0 six agains against did not help."

That is where we have come from and why we folded most years through origin and into the back end.
There is 2 stand out current coaches that are similar excuse merchants
O'Brien & Barrett

Robbo is starting to complain about decisions finally going against them..about bloody time!
Sticky..well his team just cant get a bounce of the ball or luck ATM