1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Dragonslayer, Aug 9, 2020.

1. draco

draco Juniors

SAP58, ALSGI, Dragsters and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

All rumours and innuendo drummed up by the media and possibly the players' managers.

Guys like Trent Barrett have already arranged new buys for the Bulldogs and he is still the assistant coach at the Panthers. Warriors have also signed a couple for Nathan Brown. Many other clubs renewing contracts/letting some go.

We are at a standstill and nothing being leaked to give us any good or bad news. Griffin probably still in a daze after being selected as our coach and taking him a while to come down to earth. Did he mention who they are after - I bet they don't have any clue? The same old shit and we will end up with dregs and journeymen signed up instead of anyone worthwhile.

3. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Dragsters and Gareth67 like this.
  4. Inisai Toga

Inisai Toga Juniors

Old saying, never give away your strategy, he doesn’t owe the media a story DD; well get a few decent buys..

5. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Perhaps he was downplaying his interest in Joe Ofanhehgaue and possibly McCrone also . But he approached the interview in a professional manner ( in fact a pleasant change from the previous chap ) and would not promise what he could not deliver .

Stay tuned as I have a feeling that there’s more to come .

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  6. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Joe O to me does not offer much I'm sorry to say.

Lord Teddy Goodwin and Dragsters like this.
  7. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

I go along with the ‘ change of scenery ‘ vote D.D.

He certainly has not been setting the world on fire :fire: for some time now , but a move down to the beautiful South Coast and under his old mentor may very well rekindle that flame.

Mjab and Dragon David like this.
  8. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

...and that's just the way the media houses want us.

We rate and sell more print than any other fan base.

That's why they death ride us...

9. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

That sounded like no Moose and though Joe O isn't a done deal, he's pursuing him.

Nothing much good in there...

10. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Dragon David , I must confess that after watching the Broncs game against the Eels just now , that I am beginning to understand where your coming from.

Ofahengaue was merely a passenger in the game , not really getting involved in the hard yaka as his teammates were . Even though they are on the bottom rung of the ladder his teammates gave their all .

He did seem disinterested and to make matters worse he has the body of a bluudy bowling :bowling: ball - minus the pins of course .

So should he become a Dragon then he damn well had better hit the gym and truly change his attitude. We cannot afford any more players that are there only to make up the numbers .

11. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Yes of all teams to rehash one of the Dragons best plays - the Sharks .

When they done it my immediate thought was - “ well there goes the neighborhood ! “ :relaxed:

Ghostrider22 likes this.
  12. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Give hime time FFS. He has just had 1 week or so to cast his eye what players and support staff he has got or wants let alone have signed up anyone else. His support staff would be priority in the next week or so then the players...and sounds like wheels are in motion.
    Why tell us news when they have none yet
    And who are the warriors big signings. Aitken & Evans...whooppy doo
    And who has Barrett signed since he has been announced. Blake Green, Waddell
    How long ago where those coaches announced?.

be55, Dragsters, SAP58 and 3 others like this.
  13. True_Believer

True_Believer Juniors

I doubt it.

Inisai Toga and SAP58 like this.
  14. ALSGI

ALSGI Bench

Griffin seems to be keeping his powder dry on most things. Mentioned some strategic signings and growing the list from within.

15. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

16. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

Agreed, he continues to mention developing our juniors which is music to my ears and some strategic aquisitions. Something that has been lacking for several years.

Gareth67, ALSGI and getsmarty like this.
  17. Sloth

Sloth Juniors

I don't think Griffin can formally come out and say we are chasing McGuire, he has 2 years remaining on his current contract with the Cows. It would be a breach of the current NRL contract rules as no club can approach McGuire until the 01/11/2021?

18. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

Your comments are spot on, I think everyone is so relieved to finally get rid of the former coach and what he has done to the club in recent years and are fans are now seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, finally ! But patience is now required and trust in what he will put in place over the next couple of months to take us forward.

Mjab, Gareth67, Dragonsteve2 and 6 others like this.
  19. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

Yes Gareth67, he looks more like a rugby forward than a league forward and he plays like one too.

Just drifting around with the occasional big hit or run.

Compare his effort with that of their other middles, Carrigan and Haas and it's chalk and cheese.

Ok, Haas is elite but Carrigan has held that pack together and gives his all every time.

Running last has not dampened their resolve, whereas Joe, if he is not lazy then he has clocked off this season.

We can't afford another player of that ilk, if we lose a few of games they drop their intensity & effort.

Perhaps Hook can get him back to his best, but these traits are a real concern and enough to look elsewhere imo...

Lord Teddy Goodwin and Gareth67 like this.
  20. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

My observations of the "Big O " in last night's game is as you have said Gareth. Needs a rocket where the sun does not shine to boost him along.

Gareth67 likes this.