What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

SnowDragon

Juniors
TPJ has some issues. We all would hope we could fix them... from here I have no idea.

Joe O is clearly decent. The fact he had a poor 2020, is more an indication of broncos situation than him (imho), and if this helps us recruit him, without paying overs, then all the better.

epDragon62

First Grade
Blake Lawrie doesn't have it for me.
Korbin Sims and tariq looked a light of other days.
Vaughan went off the boil.
Merrin was a waste of money.
Is that all down to coaching.
We'll see but I think it's not all in the coaching.
Simms X 2 were both injury affected - not sure things will get better.
Vaughan strikes me to have missed someone sharing the load and struggled with the bubble is my guess.
Merrin might do ok if the team plays with a little more flair in the forwards; the ban and barge only approach was never his go.

With one or two good additions and a big improvement in fitness I feel the whole forward pack will lift.

Lawrie is a curious one, '21 should uncover if he is worthy of the top 17 or not; let's hope so.

BLM01

First Grade
TPJ has some issues. We all would hope we could fix them... from here I have no idea.

Joe O is clearly decent. The fact he had a poor 2020, is more an indication of broncos situation than him (imho), and if this helps us recruit him, without paying overs, then all the better.
And we play him on the edge where he belongs

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Simms X 2 were both injury affected - not sure things will get better.
Vaughan strikes me to have missed someone sharing the load and struggled with the bubble is my guess.
Merrin might do ok if the team plays with a little more flair in the forwards; the ban and barge only approach was never his go.

With one or two good additions and a big improvement in fitness I feel the whole forward pack will lift.

Lawrie is a curious one, '21 should uncover if he is worthy of the top 17 or not; let's hope so.
Tend to agree with some of the points you raise here.

K Simms has never seem to been able to avoid injury with us with broken arms etc. He’s not the big enforcer that we’re looking for but when’s he does get on I must admit I do like his energy over others; had a good game against Parra and Brisbane coming of the bench. Be his last throw at making a go of it at Saints and because he’s under contract I think I would have him around. As you say a couple of good additions and the whole pack can lift.

Gareth67

First Grade
Who will be our first November signing and will it be for next year or 2022 :thinking:

96C6F70D-2BC3-4FB9-8A6B-1998944494BC.jpeg

“ Gid eh fellas , how ya all going ? Well how is that mug Griffo going on the signing front ? What’s that you say - no players of true quality as yet ? Well he had better pull his finger out otherwise all of the good uns will be gone ! You have already missed out on Tolman , but there is still Woods ( a real workhorse imo ) and a few others who would fit the bill nicely . Tell him to go for experience , you cannot go pass a journeyman as that is what will win you a competition one of these years !

possm

Coach
Crichton to be our first November signing followed by De Belin's confirmed availability. Fingers crossed.

Old Timer

Coach
Crichton to be our first November signing followed by De Belin's confirmed availability. Fingers crossed.
If JDB is found not guilty I think everyone should take a deep breath and wait to see what comes out of the evidence / facts that is "agreed" before we just welcome him back with open arms.

Until all that is known we don't know what we are dealing with re the thoughts of sponsors, team mates, WAGS and supporters especially female.

Let's see whether we have more asset than liability before final determinations are made.

ALSGI

Bench
If JDB is found not guilty I think everyone should take a deep breath and wait to see what comes out of the evidence / facts that is "agreed" before we just welcome him back with open arms.

Until all that is known we don't know what we are dealing with re the thoughts of sponsors, team mates, WAGS and supporters especially female.

Let's see whether we have more asset than liability before final determinations are made.
Exactly.
If found Not Guilty, I doubt it will be as easy as “welcome back son”. There may be some that will want to distance themselves including NRL/Club/Sponsors etc.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

I’m expecting more delays anyway. Let’s hope not but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Gareth67

First Grade
Exactly.
If found Not Guilty, I doubt it will be as easy as “welcome back son”. There may be some that will want to distance themselves including NRL/Club/Sponsors etc.

As you have said ALSGI , the sponsors view point of the situation may very well prove to be the sting in the scorpions tail for the Dragons .