What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

since77

Juniors
Another possibililty is the Sharks Hiroti-still unsigned according to their website- yes, I know, was responsible for that high shot, but at 22, has loads of potential. A former Junior Kiwi, good speed and finishing skills, tall, 95 kgs, can kick goals- has Mulitalo, Katoa and Tracey ahead of him at the Sharks so should come pretty cheap.
Hiroti? I’ve watched a few Sharks games - he bombs more tries than he scores. There are much MUCH better wingers out there.

hewi

Bench
“There’s some whispers going around about potentially allowing one high-profile player to leave – it’s a domino effect that’s going to unfold over the next month or so and you’ve got several clubs in the middle of it.

“There’s the Dragons, Canterbury and the Broncos and those three could find themselves intertwined in the Tevita Pangai Jr situation. He’s a forward (the player Dragons might let leave

Who might it be? High profile I can only think of JDB, Vaughan or Sims and Sims would be the only one I would think about. Anyone got any ideas please?

“There’s some whispers going around about potentially allowing one high-profile player to leave – it’s a domino effect that’s going to unfold over the next month or so and you’ve got several clubs in the middle of it.

“There’s the Dragons, Canterbury and the Broncos and those three could find themselves intertwined in the Tevita Pangai Jr situation. He’s a forward (the player Dragons might let leave

Who might it be? High profile I can only think of JDB, Vaughan or Sims and Sims would be the only one I would think about. Anyone got any ideas please?
Hewi.. I think Read implied Vaughan via a vague rhyming reference when requested by another panelist on MMM.

Will have to listen to the interview again

Read did say “high profile” but don’t recall him referring specifically to a forward. If so I stand corrected.

Vaughan has a player option. If he chooses not to exercise it, nothing we can do about it.

BLM01

First Grade
i still cant find any media re vaughan exercising his PO? any links ?
It was late last year or early this year, kept quiet I suppose
And if he still was off contract at the end of this year (not listed)... dont you think it would of been mentioned and highlighted in the media and where is he going....yadayada
Happy to be proven wrong but I would almost bet my....

redv13

Bench
It was late last year or early this year, kept quiet I suppose
And if he still was off contract at the end of this year (not listed)... dont you think it would of been mentioned and highlighted in the media and where is he going....yadayada
Happy to be proven wrong but I would almost bet my....
I’ll back ya BLM01. I seem to remember something earlier in the year that he exercised his option. Crazy talk if some people are happy to see Vaughan go. When he’s on our forwards are much better.

BLM01

First Grade
I’ll back ya BLM01. I seem to remember something earlier in the year that he exercised his option. Crazy talk if some people are happy to see Vaughan go. When he’s on our forwards are much better.
TBH he would of been crazy not to
Does not mean he stays but guarantees good coin for 22 rather than finding a club who will pay what he is on
I want him to to stay but I think he is on close to 650-700+? now
Not sure he is worth that going forward

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Hiroti? I’ve watched a few Sharks games - he bombs more tries than he scores. There are much MUCH better wingers out there.

You must be watching different games to me- look at his 2021 stats-5 tries in 9 appearances-32 tackle breaks, 10 line breaks- average running metres- 135- better stats than Pereira's -not bad.

Gareth67

First Grade

I also hope he stays redv13 , on his day he can make some big yardage , lacks a bit of mongrel however under the new rules a player only needs to look nasty and he will be sent off ,so all in all that’s a positive for Vaughan .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I suppose it comes down to the definition of 'high profile', I mean in same way all 1st grade players are high profile to some extent it just depends on the media spotlight at that time. However, in this context, I believe it would be a 'well known' player and a forward.
Those in that catagory would probably be:
Vaughan - as already discussed
Sims - currently a SOO player
Fui - for knocking out Paps
Kerr - because he's Kerr

Take your pick!

Latest posts