What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 WTC FINAL: India v NZ @ Ageas Bowl Southampton Jun 18-22

edabomb

First Grade
This forecast is a shocker. Still,.great thing a team that is capable of standing up to India made the final. I imagine Tim Paine would be grovelling by this stage of the game if Oz had bowled their overs faster.

JJ

Immortal
This forecast is a shocker. Still,.great thing a team that is capable of standing up to India made the final. I imagine Tim Paine would be grovelling by this stage of the game if Oz had bowled their overs faster.
I liked Paine, but his comments were so arrogant... these are the two best sides in the world - yes, we shit the bed every time we play Aust and they don't rate us, but that's not relevant in this game. We clearly have a mental issues with Australia until we prove otherwise - but India do not have a hold over us like that anywhere except India...

JJ

Immortal
Early days, and he’s only on training wheels as a bowler, but interested in what you Aussies think of big KJ. Seems to have appropriate levers and toys…

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
good bowler with a nice technique, uses his height well and he's very tall at the release point so gets plenty of bounce, liked him from the first time I saw him

only downside being his ability to slant the ball into the right hander, cant ever see him moving the ball away from the right handers

can see him getting a lot of LBW and the occasional bowled to righthanders particularly to tail enders

JJ

Immortal
The in swinger is new, he moves it away normally

primarily a batter until recently, lot of improvement in him imo

be lucky to get any cricket today

Rod

Bench
India going to dodge a bullet here. We likely won't have enough time to force a result now.

Joint winners is a good achievement for the players to recognize what they've done over the last couple of years, but as a fan I just can't get that excited about a shared title.

blaza88z

Coach
You'd back NZ to beat India on a lushy outfield with overcast skies 9 times out of 10 games, the 10th game will be washed out

It's essentially a home ground for NZ in these conditions

shiznit

Coach
Only way we can win this is getting aggressive with the bat this morning and try and get a lead of over 100 and then put them back in to bat this afternoon.

edabomb

First Grade
Only way we can win this is getting aggressive with the bat this morning and try and get a lead of over 100 and then put them back in to bat this afternoon.
There's the risk when you go nowhere for an hour. Lose a wicket and you've lost ground.

JohnDoe

Juniors
Disappointed by the Black Caps intent, especially Williamson in that session. Feel like they are playing to not lose rather than trying to win. Would prefer to for them to be more agressive and if they are all out and are 20 or 30 runs behind, so be it.

Feel with the conditions as they are the Black Caps could easily get India all out for a score in the low 100s in their 2nd innings today, and be chasing a score between 150-200 tomorrow. Feel with the weather tomorrow supposedly being sunny and the temperature at 21 celcius that tomorrow could be the best day to bat.