What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022-23 off-season incidents

Pantherjim.

Referee
Surely wins the award for quickest off season incident lol

Lol! Has been on the piss all night (and rightfully so - first time we’ve won back to back premierships in the club’s history) and Romey refers to his white Anglo-Saxon/Celtic team mate as “My n*gga” on Insta, and you believe this constitutes an off-season incident? Lol!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol! Has been on the piss all night (and rightfully so - first time we’ve won back to back premierships in the club’s history) and Romey refers to his white Anglo-Saxon/Celtic team mate as “My n*gga” on Insta, and you believe this constitutes an off-season incident? Lol!
anything referred to the integrity unit is worthy of addition to this fine and outstanding thread.
Interesting you put an asterix in the word like you don't feel you should say it?

Dark Corner

Juniors
No wonder the sport here is dropping off. Disgraceful. And they wanted a promotion relegation with those clubs. There's a reason why the A League was created.

As for Lui, I would let him play, the NRL can hand down a fine or whatever or serve suspension for next year lol
Which sport do you mean is dropping of is it Rugby League or Soccer ?

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Luciano Leilua stood down by NRL​

National Rugby League | October 6 2022 6:24PM

The National Rugby League (NRL) is aware that New South Wales Police have charged Luciano Leilua with common assault (domestic violence related) and intentionally or recklessly destroy/damage property (domestic violence related) following an alleged incident on Monday 3 October 2022.

The NRL has advised the North Queensland Cowboys that Luciano Leilua is subject to a No-Fault Stand Down condition under the NRL Rules.

The decision should in no way be interpreted as a view on the innocence or guilt of the player.

The discretionary No-Fault Stand Down condition has been applied in this instance as the criminal charges involve allegations that the player has acted violently in relation to a female.

Under the condition, the player is not permitted to participate as a player in the NRL competition or any representative competitions. The No-Fault Stand Down condition is recognised by the Rugby League World Cup.

Canard

Immortal

Luciano Leilua stood down by NRL​

National Rugby League | October 6 2022 6:24PM

The National Rugby League (NRL) is aware that New South Wales Police have charged Luciano Leilua with common assault (domestic violence related) and intentionally or recklessly destroy/damage property (domestic violence related) following an alleged incident on Monday 3 October 2022.

The NRL has advised the North Queensland Cowboys that Luciano Leilua is subject to a No-Fault Stand Down condition under the NRL Rules.

The decision should in no way be interpreted as a view on the innocence or guilt of the player.

The discretionary No-Fault Stand Down condition has been applied in this instance as the criminal charges involve allegations that the player has acted violently in relation to a female.

Under the condition, the player is not permitted to participate as a player in the NRL competition or any representative competitions. The No-Fault Stand Down condition is recognised by the Rugby League World Cup.

Chooks getting another meathead forward heading there way in 2023

Perth Red

Post Whore
From a long time ago but court decision handed down today

NRL star Curtis Scott has been found guilty of assaulting and threatening former partner Tay-Leiha Clark during their roughly two-year relationship.
On Friday, magistrate Daniel Covington ruled Scott had pushed Ms Clark during an altercation at her parents’ home in Sylvania, causing injuries to her head, forearm and wrist.
He also found that during a holiday at Lake Conjola on the NSW south coast, Scott charged into Ms Clark, knocking her to the ground.
Scott was also found to have verbally threatened Ms Clark during a phone conversation in which he threatened to kill both her and himself and after which he deliberately drove his car into a tree.
For those incidents he was found guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, common assault and stalk or intimidate with the intention of causing fear or physical harm.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Not NRL but still worthy of a mention.

The Rugby Football League is “following procedure” after confirming it has received a complaint about the incendiary comments made by the chief executive, Ralph Rimmer, towards the Fiji national team.
Rimmer will leave his role at the governing body at the end of the year, but he is facing calls to go immediately after making an offensive remark at the RFL’s annual awards night at Headingley last Monday.

Rimmer, who was discussing Fiji’s preparations for the Rugby League World Cup – they are due to play the hosts, England, in a warmup game on Friday – said: “Fiji have already arrived. We don’t think anybody has been arrested yet, do we? No, we’re all right, so we are going pretty well then.”

Rimmer... sounds apt.

Wizardman

First Grade
Are 16-year-olds allowed into a nightclub?

I thought they were denied access for their own safety?

Curran has a case to answer.
This kid broke the law in the first place by being in the venue. I tend to think that he would not have behaved like a saint while he was in there. I think there is a bit more to play out here....Im not giving Curran the electric chair just yet.

This kid broke the law in the first place by being in the venue. I tend to think that he would not have behaved like a saint while he was in there. I think there is a bit more to play out here....Im not giving Curran the electric chair just yet.
The kid's brazen disregard of authority is a serious issue. If I did something like that at his age my parents would have punished me severely.

When I was 16 I was smart enough not to put myself in dangerous situations like that.

Saxon

Bench
Surely wins the award for quickest off season incident lol
Ben Barba was pretty quick a few years ago. And the Dogs on a few occasions.

Or there was Brent Naden (although he actually started the off season the day before the game...)