What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022-23 off-season incidents

Chimp

Bench
As if they can afford pencils in the UK.
Unfortunately (but fortunately in this case), the media in the U.K. have ZERO interest in rugby league and wouldn’t be able to name a single current player - Garry Schofield, Ellery Hanley and Martin Offiah were the last players to have any sort of media presence. Kevin Sinfield and Rob Burrow have a little profile at the moment, but only because of Burrows unfortunate MND diagnosis and Sinfields subsequent fundraising.
Even the RL journos don’t bother - they certainly wouldn’t dig for atrocities, would be more likely to help cover them up so to keep their ‘boys club’ and free tickets on the go.
The sport is in a sorry state over here.

• Sad
Reactions: Vee

skeepe

Immortal
Does the chairman of the Dragons writing a glowing character reference for Brett Finch on official club letterhead count as a scandal? Because it bloody well should.

Canard

Immortal
f**k me that's not just an error in judgement, thats a f**king debacle. Craig Young seems to lack any semblance of good judgement.

But worse is this line from the official statement from the club itself.

"I was asked to provide a letter of support to a family friend who I believe made a serious mistake but is a fundamentally decent person.

I mean are they just trying to court controversy here? They will be issuing a further groveling apology in due course no doubt.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Does the chairman of the Dragons writing a glowing character reference for Brett Finch on official club letterhead count as a scandal? Because it bloody well should.

It is incredibly inappropriate that he made a personal character reference on employer letterhead. He should resign as this is clearly an example of someone trying to use their influence and position to bring favour.