What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 FW2 SF Sat - Cronulla 12-38 South Sydney @ Allianz

Finals Week 2: Cronulla v South Sydney

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Finals Week 2
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 17 September 2022

NRL kickoff 8:00pm

CRO2022TEAM.png

1. Will Kennedy 2. Connor Tracey 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Siosifa Talakai 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Matt Moylan 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Toby Rudolf 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Royce Hunt 11. Briton Nikora 12. Wade Graham 13. Dale Finucane 14. Teig Wilton 15. Cameron McInnes 16. Braden Hamlin-Uele 17. Andrew Fifita 18. Lachlan Miller 19. Aiden Tolman 20. Braydon Trindall 21. Jesse Colquhoun 22. Mawene Hiroti

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray 14. Kodi Nikorima 15. Hame Sele 16. Michael Chee Kam 17. Siliva Havili 18. Davvy Moale 19. Blake Taaffe 20. Jaxson Paulo 21. Richard Kennar 22. Peter Mamouzelos

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Drew Oultram, Michael Wise
Video Referee: Adam Gee​

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
After the shamozzle that was today's reffing performance, I await the judiciary's findings with interest.

If Souths get to field their best team (no injuries/suspensions) I'm tempted to pick Souths - they're running hot, the Sharks had an epically long/intense shootout with the Cowboys that's gonna take it's toll, and the game is closer to a home game for the Bunnies.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
If the Sharks play smart, they win. They will have superiority in the middle with Burgess out, and they need to use it to keep Souths in their half. If Souths can get into your 20, they invariably score. Latrell gets all the plaudits but the true danger is Cody Walker. There isn't a ball player in the NRL close to him IMHO.

Fangs

Coach
Souths should be done but Cronulla were poor last Saturday night.

Need to see the fall out after teams have been named/suspensions confirmed.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Souths get to field their best team (no injuries/suspensions) I'm tempted to pick Souths - they're running hot,

Are they? In the lead up to the finals they beat a heap of shit teams then got pasted by the panthers who were missing their starting halves. Yesterday they beat a team who lost 3 starting players, including their best, in the first 40 mins.

Sharks have a good record against them and will be full strength. I think they'll learn a lot from the Cow loss. Burgess is a big loss, Souths prop rotation isn't their strength and losing their biggest/most agrressive forward will hurt. Cronulla slight favourites however Koalamatangi running at Moylan could create 3 tries on its own.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Are they? In the lead up to the finals they beat a heap of shit teams then got pasted by the panthers who were missing their starting halves. Yesterday they beat a team who lost 3 starting players, including their best, in the first 40 mins.

Sharks have a good record against them and will be full strength. I think they'll learn a lot from the Cow loss. Burgess is a big loss, Souths prop rotation isn't their strength and losing their biggest/most agrressive forward will hurt. Cronulla slight favourites however Koalamatangi running at Moylan could create 3 tries on its own.

Souths hardly got pasted v penrith. 26-22. Also, souths have the wood on us in the last 5 h2h matches.

depends who turns up on the day. people reckon its down to trell, but I think its more down to walker. he had 3 great try assists. both are emotional players who can either be brilliant or ineffective.

yobbo84

First Grade

Bit harsh.

Beat the Storm 24-12.
Beat the Eels 26-0.
Beat the Cowboys 20-10.
Lost in GP to the Sharks after Latrell left his kicking boots at home.
Only lost to the Panthers (albeit weakened) due to Paulo's all-time shocker.

Now just completely bashed the form team in the competition outside the Panthers.

We'll find some gaps against the Sharks. In turn they'll throw a LOT more shape at us than the Roosters did.

Defence will win this.

age.s

First Grade
I like Souths in this. Has to be draining losing the way the Sharks did on Saturday. Conversely the Bunnies will be on a high stronger than Cheese's at 9.30pm on mad Monday.

Latest posts