What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 28-12 Parramatta @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A win here by Penrith will be a massive achievement and should be applauded.

I won't however, I just don't care for them much.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
How many f**kwits can that family breed?
Tyrone
Taylan
Terrell

And the newest one Tylan.

Personally while Staines is the inferior player. I'd prefer to see him win a premiership than Taylan. Especially since he's leaving and won't get another opportunity.

Just know that May would have posted some bullshit after the game if we won. Hell he still could to be honest. But hopefully being on sidelines he doesn't think he proved anything to anyone.

If we win. Might feel differently if we lose and it's a Staines midtake that proves the difference

KOMORI

Juniors
Sooooo…. Are we gunna have a shot for every Klein f**kup?? I haven’t been properly hammered for a few weeks 😂

Parra Pride

Coach
I feel like Bruce Catwright is the kind of merkin to pull some absolute bullshit out of his ass against Penrith in a Grand Final of all things, so not playing him is a weird one.

GongPanther

Referee
NRL 360 have no idea - so much anti penrith stuff with trainers and tactics - dont they realise it's free motivation they are giving to the Panthers

unless the 360 boys all want Penrith to win :p
Be that as it may, but the club as a whole do not watch any of the Fox shows. They realise how poisonous it is to watch.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You have made a simple typo in a player's name, thus invalidating any point you may have made. You clown. You limpet. You absolute sock.

And it's a PENRITH player! How can you even feel worthy of existence???
Absolutely, but I am innocent - APPLE is responsible for the autocorrect. So we can expect Penrith fans to be storming their Silicon Valley HQ in 24 hours

GongPanther

Referee
If Moses hadn't been concussed the Eels would have most likely won that game.
So when Moses gets concussed again and you lose, are you still going to claim the GF because of it and whine all next season? I mean, I hope you blokes don't go down the path were Souths all this season were blaming their loss on an intercept try (which is against queensbury rules) or Fatso-latrell was missing at foolback.

GongPanther

Referee
I don't think this Panthers side is a great attacking team. Incredible defensively and in all other areas but they are not one of the great attacking sides. They are good at getting their opposition so fatigued that they just can't defend anymore and then the floodgates sometimes open.
We had a diff of 300+ points.

GongPanther

Referee
That Souths side was short on troops and their achilles heel all season - errors - let Penrith back in. Souths bench was gash. Penrith had a full side except May. Souths started very well but had to maintain an error-free game and intensity all match which they never were able to do. I gave them a 5% chance of defeating Penrith.

Parra on the other hand have the runs on the board against Penrith. Apart from Opacic, they're fit too.

Like my comment above, if Parra don't go with Penrith for most of the game, it's a Parra choke. TBH, I feel good about Parra's chances of turning it on on Sunday night!
No, I totally disagree with the runs on the board. All week the yakkity yak in the media was Parra beating Penrith twice during the year before that first week of the finals. THAT was the time for Parra to make it's point to the public that those two games weren't flash in the pans results.

But no, Parra got spanked, and here they are pulling in a bloke who hasn't played for 3 months, an injury to a starting centre, and a new reserve replacing Cartwright probably because they can't trust him.

IMHO, there are very obvious signs that Parra are going to be embarrassed. I hope I'm wrong and it's a tight contest. But if I was a cook and looked at the ingredients that Parra are preparing for this meal, whatever comes out of the oven is not going to be appetizing.

GongPanther

Referee
It's certainly an interesting thing to watch unfold. When the Roosters were dominating a few years ago, you could see why - they did everything at super high pace, fast hands, great attack. In defence they would fly up on the edges, push your attack to the middle and slow you down.

When the Storm were dominating before them, they would wrestle your momentum away, Smith and Cronk would control the match and they had amazing attack with Slater et al.

This Penrith side though? They're not a great attacking side. They don't do anything special in defence. They just go set-for-set, remain completely calm at all times and are somehow fitter than every other team in the NRL by a comfortable margin. They kick to the corners and defend, defend, defend. Their line speed doesn't slow down. Their back three make a thousand metres a match. They never tire. They know that if it takes until the 80th minute to win, then they will do that.

They're a really good advertising for mastering the mental side of the game and transferring that onto the field.
Which is being a very good defensive and attacking side. Has someone changed the rules governing the stats for a team that comes first? Like to see the thesis for the wooden spooners.

GongPanther

Referee
Whatever floats your boat mate.

Audio recording is real. South Sydney are happy to let it go. Case closed. Then again the FBI could be involved.
Hurricane in a thumble. Souths should be happy to be in 5 prelims in a row.

Latest posts