What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 28-12 Parramatta @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blues Riff

Bench
People are missing my point. What I mean is... there's no special kind of attack that you've introduced. No new wrestling techniques, or purposely giving away penalties to reset your line in defence, etc. That's what I mean by nothing special. Maybe I should have said "nothing out of the ordinary".

My post was complimentary. Penrith do what everyone else is doing - just better.

My point was that Penrith seemed to have mastered the mental side of the game and are experts to transferring that onto the field.
Weren't you on another forum discussing the possibility of systematic drug use? Or was that a different yobbo? It didn't come across as particularly complimentary.

Iamback

Coach
Headed out west yesterday to catch the vibe a week out from the decider. There's a few places with Panthers flags/ posters etc out Penrith way currently. Stopped in at Panthers for a beer (as you'd expect the place is decked out already, probably got the balloons put up a month ago the smug pricks). Penrith Plaza, by contrast, was notably more understated- no decorations up currently. That may change in the next few days but.

If PENRITH!!! was a house:
View attachment 66724

Main strip of Penrith:
View attachment 66725

This caught my eye walking past a store in Penrith Plaza and I nearly did a double take. I had no idea he's a character off Pokemon:
View attachment 66726

Then I headed back to Parramatta on the train. Not sure why, but it appears the current Eels home/ away jerseys are impossible to get at the moment. In Rebel and Peter Wynn's they've only got those ANZAC jerseys or the retro ones on sale. Walking through the Westfield, you'd have no idea the Eels are in the Grand Final. Only saw the KFC in the food court decked out with blue and gold, and didn't see a single person wearing Parra gear. Could have been any other week there. TBF, The Chemist Warehouse and the Commbank on Church St have balloons/ streamers adorning the stores currently though. Walked on up to Parra Leagues, first time visiting there. I imagined the inside would be bigger, surprised there doesn't appear to be a large function room or a bigger sports bar there. Penrith as a whole is currently winning in showing team spirit as a collective, although I saw notably more people coming into Parra leagues decked out in Eels gear than I saw people in Panthers with their PENRITH!!! gear on.

I enjoyed a cold one in Sterlo's sports bar and then looked at the walls adorned with photos of Eels legends past/ present out by the main escalator. I recognised every player in that big photographic mural on the wall except one, no matter how hard I tried racking my brain. Who this f**k is this guy?
View attachment 66727

A month ago?

Excuse me, They have been up since 2020

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Can I just say, I saw Jeaoraeme Luai (I hope I spelled his first name correctly) on TV last night and he was the most intelligent, well and soft spoken fella you'd ever meet. Not just that but also a loving and dedicated dad and husband and a really nice lad.

Looks like he gets white line fever because he can be a bit of a monotreme on the field but my respect for Jaerrhoame has gone up 96.8%.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Can I just say, I saw Jeaoraeme Luai (I hope I spelled his first name correctly) on TV last night and he was the most intelligent, well and soft spoken fella you'd ever meet. Not just that but also a loving and dedicated dad and husband and a really nice lad.

Looks like he gets white line fever because he can be a bit of a monotreme on the field but my respect for Jaerrhoame has gone up 96.8%.

Same as martin. Like a professor in off field interviews. Absolute thug on the field.

Maybe its the jersey

Reflector

Juniors

His daughter Halo was born just 11 months after his last child.

Bloke is starting a production line...

big hit!

Bench
Buddy have you been watching the same sport as me? These short dropouts that have come into vogue late this season have had poor results overall.

The bad results are coming predominantly from players trying to kick the ball 10 metres and not even getting the distance. Aim for 15 or 20m, and get some hang like a pitch wedge and they get the distance.

You concede 3 or 4 drop outs in a game and you save your players about 100m of sprint distance with a short drop out. If they don't get the ball back, the attacking team's players will take two or three tackles to get into shape because they've set up on the sidelines and back at the 50m. The halves are even back there with the props.

GPS data has shown in many sports, including rugby league, that teams that win games actually complete less high-intensity work. Conserve that energy and they have more battery to actually use it when they need it.

some11

Referee
Weren't you on another forum discussing the possibility of systematic drug use? Or was that a different yobbo? It didn't come across as particularly complimentary.
how many forums do you trawl to make sure people say nice things about PENRITH!