What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 28-12 Parramatta @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Penrith saying it is more than enough evidence. South Sydney as well who have already moved on.

If you believe its fake I can't help you. Some people can't accept the moon landings happened either.
And you know where those poor bastards end up.

GongPanther

Referee
yes I should believe the panthers. They are an honest club
you used to be quite a reasonable chap on this forum, over this season you seem to be a little rough around the edges for some reason. Have you had a sudden life changing situation?

GongPanther

Referee
Tyrone
Taylan
Terrell

And the newest one Tylan.

Personally while Staines is the inferior player. I'd prefer to see him win a premiership than Taylan. Especially since he's leaving and won't get another opportunity.

Just know that May would have posted some bullshit after the game if we won. Hell he still could to be honest. But hopefully being on sidelines he doesn't think he proved anything to anyone.

If we win. Might feel differently if we lose and it's a Staines midtake that proves the difference
Parra's first grand final. Only one player in that team has played in one. Just the non experience in playing grand finals will wear down on the Eels with all the heavy 36 year expectation which will be a very heavy burden on their shoulders.

GongPanther

Referee
As I am a free agent on the search for a new club to support and both the Eels and Panthers are on my short list (not because they're doing well right now)...I might actually decide by dedicating the rest of my life as a fan to whoever LOSES the big dance. That way I do not get accused of bandwagoning.
I think the word is "turncoat", or you have a strange way of dealing with loss.

Reflector

Juniors
Headed out west yesterday to catch the vibe a week out from the decider. There's a few places with Panthers flags/ posters etc out Penrith way currently. Stopped in at Panthers for a beer (as you'd expect the place is decked out already, probably got the balloons put up a month ago the smug pricks). Penrith Plaza, by contrast, was notably more understated- no decorations up currently. That may change in the next few days but.

If PENRITH!!! was a house:
tempImageHavXpV.jpg

Main strip of Penrith:
IMG_1083.jpg

This caught my eye walking past a store in Penrith Plaza and I nearly did a double take. I had no idea he's a character off Pokemon:
IMG_1084.jpg

Then I headed back to Parramatta on the train. Not sure why, but it appears the current Eels home/ away jerseys are impossible to get at the moment. In Rebel and Peter Wynn's they've only got those ANZAC jerseys or the retro ones on sale. Walking through the Westfield, you'd have no idea the Eels are in the Grand Final. Only saw the KFC in the food court decked out with blue and gold, and didn't see a single person wearing Parra gear. Could have been any other week there. TBF, The Chemist Warehouse and the Commbank on Church St have balloons/ streamers adorning the stores currently though. Walked on up to Parra Leagues, first time visiting there. I imagined the inside would be bigger, surprised there doesn't appear to be a large function room or a bigger sports bar there. Penrith as a whole is currently winning in showing team spirit as a collective, although I saw notably more people coming into Parra leagues decked out in Eels gear than I saw people in Panthers with their PENRITH!!! gear on.

I enjoyed a cold one in Sterlo's sports bar and then looked at the walls adorned with photos of Eels legends past/ present out by the main escalator. I recognised every player in that big photographic mural on the wall except one, no matter how hard I tried racking my brain. Who this f**k is this guy?
IMG_1089.jpg

soc123_au

Staff member
Headed out west yesterday to catch the vibe a week out from the decider. There's a few places with Panthers flags/ posters etc out Penrith way currently. Stopped in at Panthers for a beer (as you'd expect the place is decked out already, probably got the balloons put up a month ago the smug pricks). Penrith Plaza, by contrast, was notably more understated- no decorations up currently. That may change in the next few days but.

If PENRITH!!! was a house:
View attachment 66724

Main strip of Penrith:
View attachment 66725

This caught my eye walking past a store in Penrith Plaza and I nearly did a double take. I had no idea he's a character off Pokemon:
View attachment 66726

Then I headed back to Parramatta on the train. Not sure why, but it appears the current Eels home/ away jerseys are impossible to get at the moment. In Rebel and Peter Wynn's they've only got those ANZAC jerseys or the retro ones on sale. Walking through the Westfield, you'd have no idea the Eels are in the Grand Final. Only saw the KFC in the food court decked out with blue and gold, and didn't see a single person wearing Parra gear. Could have been any other week there. TBF, The Chemist Warehouse and the Commbank on Church St have balloons/ streamers adorning the stores currently though. Walked on up to Parra Leagues, first time visiting there. I imagined the inside would be bigger, surprised there doesn't appear to be a large function room or a bigger sports bar there. Penrith as a whole is currently winning in showing team spirit as a collective, although I saw notably more people coming into Parra leagues decked out in Eels gear than I saw people in Panthers with their PENRITH!!! gear on.

I enjoyed a cold one in Sterlo's sports bar and then looked at the walls adorned with photos of Eels legends past/ present out by the main escalator. I recognised every player in that big photographic mural on the wall except one, no matter how hard I tried racking my brain. Who this f**k is this guy?
View attachment 66727
What store was @SLRBRONCOS in? I’m going to the Plaza tomorrow to finger him.

Latest posts