What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

I mean that was just a boring grand final. The eels didn't even fire a shot. The difference in class was huge. I imagined Penrith would wear them down and win. But it only took 10mins and was lights out.
A dynasty has been created and isn't finished. The Eels now will need a rebuild. I was never convinced they where that good this season. 3 wins on the trot was their best run. Shame the game wasn't a little more exciting for the fans. One way traffic.
Enjoy the night
Sour grapes? You are sounding like a spoilt brat. If the roles were reversed, you'll be gloating.

kinghippo

Juniors
I thought our forwards were going to make a statement but they absolutely amazing.
I have no idea why Parra kept kicking to to’o,
he murdered them all game.
Parra obviously came into the game thinking all they needed to do was stop the bombs.
It was great coaching to adjust our attack, we ran it a lot more and had them going backwards all game.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sour grapes? You are sounding like a spoilt brat. If the roles were reversed, you'll be gloating.

It was boring. Atleast Souths got the heartbeats going. It just wasn't an edge of your seat exciting game in any shape or form. Sour grapes? Why would you think that. The superior side crushed them. Most expected Penrith to win. I was hoping for a closer and tight game. And a miracle finish.
Parra looked done after 10mins

Flashstep

Juniors
I'm a superstitious merkin when it comes to footy so I figured I'd stay away from posting for a bit especially today but f**k me what a TEAM we are, absolutely deserved champions, far and away the best side this year. Such a fantastic team and what a club we have, and this is just the beginning.

It's funny me and my dad would go to penrith games 10-15 years ago and we'd be lucky to have 5000 fans show up with us, never in a million years did I think we would see a team like this under the Penrith colours. I'm so happy for the players because once again every last one who put on the jersey for us did us proud in every game, and tonight they all capped it off with a 10/10 performance.

Sad to see Api go, best hooker in the game but will go down as a Penrith legend. Same can be said for Kiks, I don't think we will miss him as much but what a player, hopefully he can bring some winning ways to the doggies (except when they play us :p). All in all can't ask for a better year, and dare I say it, 3 in a row? we have as big a chance as any team ever if you ask me.

Last edited:

Stinkfinger

Juniors
I mean that was just a boring grand final. The eels didn't even fire a shot. The difference in class was huge. I imagined Penrith would wear them down and win. But it only took 10mins and was lights out.
A dynasty has been created and isn't finished. The Eels now will need a rebuild. I was never convinced they where that good this season. 3 wins on the trot was their best run. Shame the game wasn't a little more exciting for the fans. One way traffic.
Enjoy the night
I think Parra weren't ready for a game like this. Left holes all over the park and could not stop Panthers making huge metres in the first half. But they never gave up and their second half was better, but the game was over.

age.s

First Grade
Yeah, I think the difference handling the week really showed. Parra looked overawed by the occasion and we thrived on it. They were strangled out of the game long before they woke up. If we can get to this point in 2023 we'll be very hard to stop.

Made for a poor neutral game but I dont give even the slightest of proverbials.

Latest posts