What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

Munky

Coach
If May plays we need to change our bench.

His hammy goes and we don't have an adequate backup centre in the seventeen (Critter goes to wing).

Oof, bad call by this clueless Muppet.

Air Bud did a fine job during the HIA.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It was boring. Atleast Souths got the heartbeats going. It just wasn't an edge of your seat exciting game in any shape or form. Sour grapes? Why would you think that. The superior side crushed them. Most expected Penrith to win. I was hoping for a closer and tight game. And a miracle finish.
Parra looked done after 10mins
You would've made close to a hundred bucks with that win. Good job!

Kilkenny

Coach
Hasn’t sunk in yet I don’t think.

We were just relentless for 76 minutes.

An amazing performance of total domination.

There are no words.

Everyone played there part in an outstanding team performance.

The Clive Churchill Medal Winner was never in doubt. The guy is a freak I am just so happy for him.

unKwn

Juniors
It was boring. Atleast Souths got the heartbeats going. It just wasn't an edge of your seat exciting game in any shape or form. Sour grapes? Why would you think that. The superior side crushed them. Most expected Penrith to win. I was hoping for a closer and tight game. And a miracle finish.
Maybe ya team should have played better if you wanted a closer one 🤣🤣

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Good morning all. I tried a couple of attempts to sleep lastnight. Yea it was boring after 22-0, the class and experience showed. If it was any other team Parra win. Our boys need to find competition on another planet that was extraordinary, brutal and relentless. Again the best Panthers side in history.... Off to the stadium now. 💪👍

Murraymob1

Juniors
Normally I would be hitting the gym now with the public holiday but I am still stunned by that performance.i have followed the boys from the time I could walk in 67 sat on the hill with my dad never dreaming on a time we would dominate the league like this
Many old timers like me just hoped we never got beat by to much.Afuture immortal in cleary never thought I would see one at our club
Today we now draw level with the eels in grand finals won never thought I would see that.All the talk about bashing Cleary they never got near him.he controlled the game.
Our coaching staff out coached parra and most other sides this year.A complete performance by the club .Sorry for the long post but it’s a proud day for me I love the panthers with a passion
Up the panthers

Murraymob1

Juniors
Congrats guys. Just too good

As much as I dont want it to happen cause Parra was the last side to do it,
3 in a row a huge possibility next year, if your main men are healthy eg Cleary, Edwards, Yeo
You and Hindy are always welcome in our forum you are what footy is all about a bit of fun and banter .If you see ryhno can you say hello he seems to be missing

The Teach

Juniors
Still in disbelief...we've won 2 in a row!
Dylan....you are a true superstar.
Moses and Fish...showed the eels pack up for the overrated "tough guys" that they are.
Nathan...God!
Bizza....beast!
Not a bad performer for us last night.
My only disappointment was that I was at work and unable to celebrate the way I wanted...oh well, to Bluebet Stadium I go to party!
@hindy111, @TheParraboy, commiserations, but congratulations on a great year by your boys. @Someone2, suck a fat one you merkin lol
GO THE MIGHTY PANTHERS!

hindy111

Post Whore
You and Hindy are always welcome in our forum you are what footy is all about a bit of fun and banter .If you see ryhno can you say hello he seems to be missing

I just look at the two squads on paper. Player for player I see slight edges to Penrith but on the paddock worlds apart.
Cleary and Api are the two I see that seperate it perhaps
What makes them so much superior? Is it coaching? Is it the type of mentality of the players or can we out that also to coaching? Everyone looks calm,focussed and in control. They know their jobs.

Guys like M.Kenny,Salmon,Sorrenson are hardly world beaters.
Actualy Sorrenson was a plodder who has been transformed into a fine player

Blade23

Juniors
I just look at the two squads on paper. Player for player I see slight edges to Penrith but on the paddock worlds apart.
Cleary and Api are the two I see that seperate it perhaps
What makes them so much superior? Is it coaching? Is it the type of mentality of the players or can we out that also to coaching? Everyone looks calm,focussed and in control. They know their jobs.

Guys like M.Kenny,Salmon,Sorrenson are hardly world beaters.
Actualy Sorrenson was a plodder who has been transformed into a fine player

All of the above.
It's the system. We get the best out of our players, even the plodders. The lazy ones and bad attitudes get moved on quickly. If you miss or turn up late to a training session, or stray from your nutrition plan that is a big deal. That is part of Ivan's culture. Every little thing makes a difference. If you don't do the hard yards someone else will and they will take your spot.

They are well coached and everyone knows their job.

Also not to be underestimated is the drive of certain players like Nathan and Yeo who want to win every year. Some players are happy with one title, others like them are not. The same mindset Lockyer and Cam Smith had. We they lose it burns them for more success. They try even harder next time. That attitude rubs off on their teammates.

All of the above.
It's the system. We get the best out of our players, even the plodders. The lazy ones and bad attitudes get moved on quickly. If you miss or turn up late to a training session, or stray from your nutrition plan that is a big deal. That is part of Ivan's culture. Every little thing makes a difference. If you don't do the hard yards someone else will and they will take your spot.

Also not to be underestimated is the drive of certain players like Nathan and Yeo who want to win every year. Some players are happy with one title, others like them are not. The same mindset Lockyer and Cam Smith had. We they lose it burns them for more success. They try even harder next time. That attitude rubs off on their teammates.
Any updates if Salmon is staying?

Munky

Coach
All of the above.

Yeo is the best player in the NRL.

Nothing goes through the middle when he is on the pitch, the bloke missed one tackle in the finals series.

Phenomenal player who still doesn't get the hype he deserves.

There's a famous clip of Bill Belichick talking to Tom Brady about how Ed Reed does everything on the field at the highest possible level 100% of the time.

Yeo is that player in the NRL, we also have the Tom Brady as well in Nathan.

Last edited: