What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

soc123_au

Staff member
Its all about freeing up money MX. Staines will be replaced from within.
It is not swapping to get a better player or like for like. Who ever comes in will likely only play a few matches when needed. We need to free up cash to keep Martin etc. If we can bring in a cheaper alternative we can partially front load someone next year.
That will be the difference in keeping who we want to keep.
The Peachy swap surely wouldn't free much cash though? Tigers being Tigers no doubt paid overs and I can't imagine he is coming here for minimum? Although Tigers paying Charlie full freight and taking a bath and still paying Peach would fit their mo I suppose. It will be interesting to see what plays out. Either way I'm stoked for Charlie he jagged a GF win for the resume on the way out.

Blade23

Juniors
Can you, please, explain the front/back loaded contracts?

The NRL allows club's to either front load or back load a player's contract.
It is usually a modest amount.
Any unspent salary cap can be loaded on to player's salary the following season. Of a willing player.
So a player on $400k a season can be paid $450k next season and $350k the year after.
If they only have 1 year left the last year can be upgraded to assist the new deal.

Backloading is set up at the beginning of a deal.
EG, A player is signs a 2-year deal worth $900k.
Year 1 is $400k year 2 $500k.
After what Des did at the Dogs backloading contracts are a lot more scrutinised.

Blade23

Juniors
The Peachy swap surely wouldn't free much cash though? Tigers being Tigers no doubt paid overs and I can't imagine he is coming here for minimum? Although Tigers paying Charlie full freight and taking a bath and still paying Peach would fit their mo I suppose. It will be interesting to see what plays out. Either way I'm stoked for Charlie he jagged a GF win for the resume on the way out.

He is taking a pay cut.
Will free up between $150-$200k.

Murraymob1

Juniors
T
Its all about freeing up money MX. Staines will be replaced from within.
It is not swapping to get a better player or like for like. Who ever comes in will likely only play a few matches when needed. We need to free up cash to keep Martin etc. If we can bring in a cheaper alternative we can partially front load someone next year.
That will be the difference in keeping who we want to keep.
The player we should focus on is Spencer his ceiling is unlimited .he will be even better than fish in a few years

The NRL allows club's to either front load or back load a player's contract.
It is usually a modest amount.
Any unspent salary cap can be loaded on to player's salary the following season. Of a willing player.
So a player on $400k a season can be paid $450k next season and $350k the year after.
If they only have 1 year left the last year can be upgraded to assist the new deal.

Backloading is set up at the beginning of a deal.
EG, A player is signs a 2-year deal worth $900k.
Year 1 is $400k year 2 $500k.
After what Des did at the Dogs backloading contracts are a lot more scrutinised.
Got it. Thanks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Congratulations, guys!

Wow... Watching you guys play is poetry in motion.

I'm jealous, honestly - but I know you've put the hard work in as a club, and you deserve it!

I just saw the World Cup squads - it seems that Dylan Edwards missed out, which is highway robbery, imo.

Hopefully, we meet again in the decider again next year, and we can finally end our drought!

Congratulations, guys!

Wow... Watching you guys play is poetry in motion.

I'm jealous, honestly - but I know you've put the hard work in as a club, and you deserve it!

I just saw the World Cup squads - it seems that Dylan Edwards missed out, which is highway robbery, imo.

Hopefully, we meet again in the decider again next year, and we can finally end our drought!
He's on the standby list, as is Nicho Hynes.

Whino

Bench
Walked into the paper shop got my copies of the telegrapth and herald a parra supporter walks in smiles and says my weekend just keeps on getting worse .here I am penrith jersey hat

Grabbed my two papers this morning too. The only time of the year worth buying.
It is a shame Big League isn't around anymore. Use to love their season reviews.
I hope Middleton will still do his annual at the end of the year

Munky

Coach
Are you’s proud? I wouldn’t be the officiating was disgraceful I’d be apologising to the opposition fans

You should apologise to us.

The clear knock ons let go by Klown on the Parra goal line attempting to catch kicks robbed us of fifty IMO.

Murraymob1

Juniors
I
Grabbed my two papers this morning too. The only time of the year worth buying.
It is a shame Big League isn't around anymore. Use to love their season reviews.
I hope Middleton will still do his annual at the end of the tear
Are you’s proud? I wouldn’t be the officiating was disgraceful I’d be apologising to the opposition fans
I will apologise for thinking you had half a brain clearly you don’t have a brain .we are your daddy parra sucks parra sucks

mxlegend99

Referee
There's some very nice and likeable Eels fans I feel bad for what they were feeling last night and again today. We've been there before.

But your tears on the other hand make an amazing win even better.

The only apology Eels fans deserve to be issued is when dickheads like you speak on their behalf.