What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

Iamback

Coach
I’m just at the point in the replay where he sets up Crichton for the opening try, what a beautiful pass! I thought his passing game was great all night, which used to be peoples’ biggest knock on him.

I haven't watched the replay yet but the ball to put Cleary throw the hole is even better.

His improvement this year has been amazing

soc123_au

Staff member
Still buzzing from last night.

So happy for Dylan getting the CC, a nice reward to cap his best ever season. If they had an immortal category based on bang for buck he would be the first inductee.

Moses Leota take a bow. His first stint is up there with the best ever front rower performances I've witnessed. He was f**kin' scary good. Safe hands too which is nice.

Also very happy for Charlie, most likely his last game for the club. He has copped his share of criticism, but I think from day one he has bled for the club and done everything in his power to be a better player. He more than held his own last night and the effort he has put into his runs out of trouble were plain to see. Forbes would have been going off when he scored.

Overall not a bad performance from anyone. 1 to 17 did everything they could to secure the win. I'm proud as f**k of every one of them.

mxlegend99

Referee
Our team was
All of the above.
It's the system. We get the best out of our players, even the plodders. The lazy ones and bad attitudes get moved on quickly. If you miss or turn up late to a training session, or stray from your nutrition plan that is a big deal. That is part of Ivan's culture. Every little thing makes a difference. If you don't do the hard yards someone else will and they will take your spot.

They are well coached and everyone knows their job.

Also not to be underestimated is the drive of certain players like Nathan and Yeo who want to win every year. Some players are happy with one title, others like them are not. The same mindset Lockyer and Cam Smith had. We they lose it burns them for more success. They try even harder next time. That attitude rubs off on their teammates.
So can we safely assume Tyrone Peachey is of no interest to us then?

Because his effort and attitude is the exact opposite of what we look for.

I dont see how trading Staines for Peachey is appealing to us at all. Staines has a big future ahead of him and is working harder to get better. Peachey has phoned it in for the past few seasons and is getting on in age. I loved him when he was with us. But he just doesn't fit the team we have built anymore IMO.

Our team was

I dont see how trading Staines for Peachey is appealing to us at all. Staines has a big future ahead of him and is working harder to get better. Peachey has phoned it in for the past few seasons and is getting on in age. I loved him when he was with us. But he just doesn't fit the team we have built anymore IMO.

The issue with Staines is there’s no starting spot for him when everyone is fit and he’s paid starters money. If he’s happy to accept a downgraded contract for 2024 onwards then we might be able to keep him, but I’m sure someone gives him a shot at fullback.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Walked into the paper shop got my copies of the telegrapth and herald a parra supporter walks in smiles and says my weekend just keeps on getting worse .here I am penrith jersey hat
You just. Reminded me. I get the paper post GF we win everytime. Lucky woolies had em.

betcats

Referee
Our edge backrowers were lethal as well. Martin locked in his kangaroos jersey with a phenomenal first half and thought Kiks had a stormer regardless of his numbers. Think we’ll miss Kiks more than we think.

Martin made a break or half break almost every run definitely one of his best games. We really seemed to like our chances attacking that side of Parra I think they picked out the Lane, Brown, Simmonson defensive combo as one we could exploit.

Blade23

Juniors
Our team was

Its all about freeing up money MX. Staines will be replaced from within.
It is not swapping to get a better player or like for like. Who ever comes in will likely only play a few matches when needed. We need to free up cash to keep Martin etc. If we can bring in a cheaper alternative we can partially front load someone next year.
That will be the difference in keeping who we want to keep.

Its all about freeing up money MX. Staines will be replaced from within.
It is not swapping to get a better player. Who ever comes in will likely only play a few matches when needed. We need to free up cash to keep Martin etc. If we can bring in a cheaper alternative we can partially front load someone next year.
That will be the difference in keeping who we want to keep.
Can you, please, explain the front/back loaded contracts?

Girds89

Bench
Agree with blade.

Its harsh on charlie. But cant be paying 300k to play a winger in nsw cup. Just cant.

Not when turuva is deadset knocking the door down. Jenkins is close. Iongi is a deadset superstar in the making. The flegg wingers are goers and will progress to cup.

Charlies had a great year. Has come on alot.. hats off to him for really training hard and developing.

But hes not better than taylan. And give turuva a dozen nrl games and hes going to show hes a star..

Unfortunatley letting staines go frees up 180k..

We need all the cash we can. Would still love to jag a bloke like CHN to replace kiks. At least for 2 years.

Geyer, lisati and the others are a good 18months away to 2 years.

Re last night.... just epic. Lost for words

Couldnt be happier for the best value for money bloke in the comp.. have never ever doubted he was an absolute star. Glad hes finally getting the recognition he deserves.

The other 16 blokes were just awesome. Best 75mins ive seen from us in my time.

Cleary is an immortal in waiting..

What a club we have.. history!!!

soc123_au

Staff member
Congratulations merkins.
Was hoping you'd get beat, but your team played fantastic footy, that 1st half was elite, SOO level and speed of the game was outstanding.
They were the best team all year, but you robbed us of 22 so I cant get too cosy with you. 😎
Cheers mate, much respect coming in here to post that. Enjoy the off season and World Cup and we will do it all again next year.

Latest posts