What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Reflector

Juniors
Coming to a Rugby League field near you in 2022...

The BIG COW HORNS

up against PENRITH!!!

(I'm sure we can expand on this one further from our friend Matt Nable)

MugaB

Coach
NQ jerseys same for 2022 except for what looks like that rubber grippy shit on front........ the clowns just can't let the 'BiG hORnZ!!!' mentality go........ sigh

View attachment 55333
The design isn't bad, its fairly simple, i would like to a gold strip inbetween the grey ones all the way down, and have the original thick to thin grey strips start below the logo similar to the inaugural home jersey, then flip the order for the away, by switching the navy for white and grey for gold, to reflect the 2015 jersey a bit.

The armpit white looks shithouse, should just stick with the design going thru it, i get that its about easier manufacturing, but it looks shit

ReddFelon

Juniors
I wish the Cowboys used the white jersey as their go to, I've never understood dark blue to be a North Queensland colour. Not compared to the green of the sugar cane or the buzz of the mosquitoes.

beave

Coach
I wish the Cowboys used the white jersey as their go to, I've never understood dark blue to be a North Queensland colour. Not compared to the green of the sugar cane or the buzz of the mosquitoes.
The away jersey should be the home and vice versa.

The blue and yellow comes from the Townsville Foley Shield sides wearing blue and yellow, and the NQ rep teams have worn a Newtown style blue and white since the dawn of time. The actual outlier colour for the Cowboys is the grey but IMO it made the original jersey look mint.

Attachments

• B8595B3F-1A5F-48E2-9ADE-8443DA3C9BF8.jpeg
    B8595B3F-1A5F-48E2-9ADE-8443DA3C9BF8.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 13

The Great Dane

First Grade
I never said it was a geographical location. But a business that is known for where it is located can be referred to as a location especially as there was only one of them. So if the team was named after the Royal Arsenal people knew that the team was based in the South of London. Granted they were not located there for very long, but it still refers to a physical location.

Compared to the Dolphins who could be based anywhere on Earth as Dolphins exist everywhere there can be open water.
Using that logic everything has a location therefore, ipso facto, the name refers to that location and as such is a 'locational name'. I'm sorry but that is just a twisted way of looking at things.

The Royal Arsenal's physical location was totally impertinent to the club naming themselves Arsenal. The club literally could have been located anywhere in London's geography and they still would have called the club Arsenal because the thing that those initial players and fans were trying to represent was the fact that they worked for the Royal Arsenal, not the Royal Arsenal's location and surrounding region.

If they wanted to represent the Royal Arsenal's location then they would have called themselves Woolwich, but again the geography wasn't the important part of their identity that they were trying to represent, and the club wasn't for just anybody from Woolwich/the South of London where the Royal Arsenal is based. Therefore the name transcends geography and as such it isn't a geographical name, which, BTW, is probably why it was relatively easy to move the club from Woolwich to Islington without having to make major changes to the clubs brand or identity.

Take Celtic as a clearer example; initially Celtic was an ethnic/denominational club that was set up for the express purpose of representing the Irish and (to a lesser extent) Catholic minorities in Glasgow. Technically Celtic has a location (i.e. the East End where most Irish immigrants lived at the time) but that location was meaningless to the initial supporters and the naming convention of the club because they weren't representing the East End, they were representing their 'Irishness'. As such a non-Irish/Catholic that lived in the East End wasn't inclined to support Celtic, and Irish/Catholics that lived outside of the East End were more inclined to support Celtic than their local team because of their ethnicity, and as such the team's location in the East End was, at the time, utterly meaningless in real terms.

Klim

Juniors
The 2022 Broncos jerseys will finally get the updated KIA logo branding on their jerseys.

sempmrh

Juniors
I love the silicone badges and I hope all clubs end up doing it. As a fan of a club that has traditionally had a logo that’s been very hit or miss when it comes to embroidery, this would have been great. I feel like it’s a more ‘premium’ look, too.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Probably just weasel words but does 'major partnership' directly relate to a prominent space on the jersey (and not shorts)?

My bet is still the top rear, but we'll know sooner rather than later I guess.
Well it says keep an eye out for their logo on the jersey so that answers your question right there.

Craegus

Juniors
I love the silicone badges and I hope all clubs end up doing it. As a fan of a club that has traditionally had a logo that’s been very hit or miss when it comes to embroidery, this would have been great. I feel like it’s a more ‘premium’ look, too.

Until they fall off at some point. Stuck on silicone patches are not designed to last forever, or at least as long as a jersey can last. Eventually you are going to have a jersey without the team logo or one with part of a logo if the patch cracks and begins to fall off.

Embroidery of cousrse can be hit and miss, but with the simplification of logos it is less likely with those logos, or sublimation is the better solution as they are basically guaranteed to last until the jersey falls apart.

Also silicone/rubber patches can be hit and miss on how good it looks overall with the jersey. It can at times make the jerseys look cheap. Take the Waratahs as an example of this, their patches look terrible on the jerseys and feel like an after thought rather than being integrated into the jersey like an embroidered or sublimated logo do.