What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Knights Rep Players

Jono078

Referee
It's so depressing to imagine the type of side we'd be if we had Gagai, 2 Safs and Ponga playing at that kind of level for even half the season.
Actually eats at me to think we are probably a Chad Townsend away, along with a fit Brailey for the season, from being a pretty damn competitive team - assuming that they can play close to these standards consistently.

between current Klem, Frizell and Barnett, along with origin form saifitis, we should be belting teams.

aqua_duck

Coach
Actually eats at me to think we are probably a Chad Townsend away, along with a fit Brailey for the season, from being a pretty damn competitive team - assuming that they can play close to these standards consistently.

between current Klem, Frizell and Barnett, along with origin form saifitis, we should be belting teams.
we're also missing a coach who can get the best out of said players too

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't buy that for a second tbh. Pongas game tonight was based on high energy and dedication. It was a very self inspired performance with high work rate and that's the disappointing aspect. He's capable of playing like that every week but he honestly couldn't be fu**ed.
Ponga had a game for the ages tonight, im not sure any player would be able to sustain that kind of intensity and effort over a full season, that being said to say it was just energy is understating how effective he was, he had 18 tackle breaks and 3 line breaks, that'd be insane in a regular season game let alone origin, the thing that made that possible is he got the ball in the right areas, at the knights the game plan and structure rarely gives him the ball in those same areas and situations as the game plan here someone's seems to be little more than give the ball to Ponga and hope for the best

Knight Tales

Juniors
Slater had KP playing like he would have played. Direct and busy. If Ponga brings this back to his club game we may in fact go on a run. As for mailing it in that is a fair argument but it is not that simple. But O’Brien is now 100% out of excuses.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Half this thread is complaining about KP still being behind the ruck in Origin... including through the first half last night. It is't an O'Brien thing and is definitely a KP thing.

Looking at how many current and past rep players we have:

Ponga
Gagai
Jsaf

DSaf
Klem
Friz
Milf

Lee?
Mann?

Should be able to make something out of that!

Burwood

Bench
Ponga could play like he did because he was actually in a side that dominated field position and could defend. If that were a Newcastle game, he’d constantly be catching bombs in his own 10m and being hit by 4 defenders the moment he had ball in hands.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Half this thread is complaining about KP still being behind the ruck in Origin... including through the first half last night. It is't an O'Brien thing and is definitely a KP thing.
Half the people saying it’s a KP thing half saying it’s an AOB thing, it’s a position thing. That’s where a lot of fullbacks spend a lot of their time. Ponga just does it more than we’d like.

perverse

Referee
Guys, it's the coach. No belief or buy-in at club level. It's the coach. Yes, they should be able to do it themselves, but if they can't, whose job is it to rectify that?

f**k him off already. Sick of this bullshit. He may not have the best squad in the comp, but he can't get close to the best out of what he has either.

Knight Tales

Juniors
In 3 games Slater has shown a side of Ponga we have never seen. And we are seriously going to debate whether O’Brien has not blunted his game. Don’t apply the Gagai only turns a up for Origin brush to KP. He’s had some very quiet games for Qld up till now. He played exactly what we hav been waiting five years to see. Body contact, pushing through the line rather than around it.

Jono078

Referee
If we get that Ponga every week we’re a Top 8 side.

Can definitely partly blame O’Brien for not motivating him enough but some of the onus has to go on the actual player. We pay him a lot of money so we should get his best effort every week.
I've mentioned this before and I feel it's more on the mark than ever.

But it's hard to give 100% effort when you're not sure what you should be doing. If the players are confused about their roles and their structures, how exactly do you put in 100% and be confident in yourself?

I mean you think Jacob would have the simplest of instructions and should be able to excel. Instead we see him play his best game ever and it's his first origin game. Fittler is questionable with his tactics and selections but he does get the players to buy in and seemingly to know their roles.

If Ponga backs up for us I'll be super curious to see the kind of game he and the team has.

Yosh

Coach
Used to despise Gagai when he left but rela big fan since he came back. Classy person.

Black Panther

Juniors
Going to give Gagai a wrap, as players were interested in shoving each other around, Gagai played the role of shielding a motionless Selwyn Cobbo

Thought it was all class
Gotta give Gagai a wrap?? Then the dog unleashes on poor Old Matt Burton being held by another player. Hope the bloke gets destroyed by the Dogs pack when they meet again..

Frederick

Staff member
Gotta give Gagai a wrap?? Then the dog unleashes on poor Old Matt Burton being held by another player. Hope the bloke gets destroyed by the Dogs pack when they meet again..
And I hope Luai gets his head ripped off the next time he faces the Broncos 🙂