What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Knights Rep Players

Bartwah

Juniors
Don’t think J-Saf backs up this weekend. Rolled up his sleeves and got belted from pillar to post, very impressive! My favourite origin game for a long, LONG time

Yosh

Coach
Thought Gagai was great too. A better winger at Origin level. Riled up the NSW outside backs on that side and I didn't see him miss any tackles either.

Jacob was NSW best prop tonight imo. That said, he still had that classic momentum killing Saifiti lazy ptb moment. Pongas best game in the past 3 years too imo. Probably Gagais best game of the year also. Frustrating all round for us Knights supporters.

Re Ponga, games like that actually make me rather see him leave. I don't like having players that put in for QLD but not us. All that does if get them rep salaries for reserve grade returns. They get all the accolades and none of the blame when their club side struggles. The media puts it down to "not enough good players around them" or "bad club culture at the Knights". The only losers are us fans.

Last edited:

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Imagine if Ponga had a nth of the amount of competency around him week to week as he does for QLD. Makes a fair difference.

Hard to look the same getting fed great ball from Grant, DCE and having Nanai as an edge threat as it is to having Randall, Clune and Fitzgibbon in the same roles while losing the middle.

Imagine if Ponga had a nth of the amount of competency around him week to week as he does for QLD. Makes a fair difference.

Hard to look the same getting fed great ball from Grant, DCE and having Nanai as an edge threat as it is to having Randall, Clune and Fitzgibbon in the same roles while losing the middle.
I don't buy that for a second tbh. Pongas game tonight was based on high energy and dedication. It was a very self inspired performance with high work rate and that's the disappointing aspect. He's capable of playing like that every week but he honestly couldn't be fu**ed.

Yosh

Coach
I reckon tonight is another example of why AOB has to leave. All our 3 boys were wonderful. They didn't suddenly discover something new about their own games nor was the game plan set to make them shine. The only difference was desire. AOB can't get our boys fired up at all...

Jono078

Referee
I reckon tonight is another example of why AOB has to leave. All our 3 boys were wonderful. They didn't suddenly discover something new about their own games nor was the game plan set to make them shine. The only difference was desire. AOB can't get our boys fired up at all...
I’m curious to see how they play this weekend if they back up.

The way they played could really inspire us to something good.

Or Ponga sits out and JSaifiti plays the classic AOB sub role of playing 15 minutes off the bench.

Tonight should prove AOB is on borrowed time because he’s not getting that out of the players. All the other players who were great constantly out those efforts in for their clubs too.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Look at the amount of space he had on edges when he was causing havok and then look at the space he has next Knights game. Having no threats around him makes it a lot harder for him and easy for teams to defend.

Jono078

Referee
Further to my previous post.

You tell me one person who honestly thought Jacob had that in him. Fittler is the only one.

AOB indeed sucks but desire really should be personal. No one should need to tell those Saifitis to run hard when they're absolute giants at the physical peak of their lives. No one should have to tell Ponga not to hide behind the ruck. It's just that they want to win sometimes and honestly couldn't be bothered most other times. That's where on-field leadership comes into play imo. Someone to steer the ship and lead by example.

Instead, AOB thinks its a good idea to hand leadership to the very players who themselves need strong leadership. So yeah, you're right after all and I take it all back. F**k AOB, it's all his fault. He can choke on a Wookies wooly wang.

Johns Magic

Referee
Further to my previous post.

You tell me one person who honestly thought Jacob had that in him. Fittler is the only one.

Honestly, me. My biggest concern was his hands, but I knew he has the frame and mobility to suit Origin. He is hard.

The Saifitis both step up for Origin. How about pulling your finger out for the club. The worst culprits here.

Jono078

Referee
Honestly, me. My biggest concern was his hands, but I knew he has the frame and mobility to suit Origin. He is hard.

The Saifitis both step up for Origin. How about pulling your finger out for the club. The worst culprits here.
Fair. I honestly thought he may struggle, especially in D. I've never seen him run that explosively before and he was making great contact in D.

I expected some sort of step up but I didn't envision what he produced tonight.

Jono078

Referee
Also back to Ponga.

He's been called a flat track bully a lot, but tonight proved he can match it and excel with the best of the best. We know he has big game ability in him now. This could be huge for his development moving forward as far as belief, leadership, preparation and everything.

May the real Ponga please stand up for the Knights now.

The difference I saw with Ponga is that he wasn't lurking directly behind dummy half as much.
He was lurking but stood further back and put himself in the line mostly on the right.
He injected himself when he needed to.

TooheysNew

Coach
It's so depressing to imagine the type of side we'd be if we had Gagai, 2 Safs and Ponga playing at that kind of level for even half the season.

Latest posts