What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Wb1234

Referee
It won’t take long at all with a bigger revenue base.

That’s great, I hope one day we too own assets like a stadium.
Afl has had a bigger revenue base for 20 years lmao

they have a higher cost base too

and since covid their finances have been ruined

Unlike rugby league

Wb1234

Referee
Again, they out negotiated somebody else. Docklands was given to them because the government didn’t think it would be worth anything. They seized that opportunity. I hate that fact but they know how to negotiate and plan ahead.

Negotiation is a key thing. V’Landys has screwed up two negotiations and very badly screwed them up. That is inarguable. The game’s relations with the NSW state government are completely shot and we bent over and got nothing out of TV even though we added a side and gave in to all of their demands. That is not a good track record.
So vlandys has screwed up the tv deals yet we are about to generate 600 million in revenue and make more profits than afl does ?

I think your missing something lmao

Colk

First Grade

Unlike rugby league

You are getting there. That’s probably why they decided to slash costs and took the short term hit: they can afford to

Wb1234

Referee
You are getting there. That’s probably why they decided to slash costs and took the short term hit: they can afford to
They did cut spending though lmao

they cut each clubs grant by millions of dollars

whilst the nrl increased funding clubs by a similar amount

indeed they still haven’t gone back to pre covid funding levels for clubs and still make a loss

Colk

First Grade
So vlandys has screwed up the tv deals yet we are about to generate 600 million in revenue and make more profits than afl does ?

I think your missing something lmao

It’s inarguable that he screwed up the TV deal. I don’t know how anybody could come to any different conclusion.

How much revenue are fumbleball making?

reanimate

Bench

Unlike rugby league
And it’s about to get even bigger, with the gap between us the biggest it’s ever been.

Luckily for them they’ve just signed a record new broadcast deal. If their finances are in a ruinous state, it will be fixed in short order.

Wb1234

Referee
And it’s about to get even bigger, with the gap between us the biggest it’s ever been.

Luckily for them they’ve just signed a record new broadcast deal. If their finances are in a ruinous state, it will be fixed in short order.
Wow

in 3 years time they will be getting 500 million pa in tv deals

that’s going to change everything

reanimate

Bench
Wow

in 3 years time they will be getting 500 million pa in tv deals

that’s going to change everything
It won’t change everything overnight, but being that far behind them in revenue for that period is nothing but a detriment to us.

Wb1234

Referee
It won’t change everything overnight, but being that far behind them in revenue for that period is nothing but a detriment to us.
It’s been that way for 20 years

under gallop the afl had double our tv deal

plus every nrl clubs gets the same grant

whilst the afl needs to keep the lions giants and suns from going broke

Colk

First Grade
They did cut spending though lmao

they cut each clubs grant by millions of dollars

whilst the nrl increased funding clubs by a similar amount

indeed they still haven’t gone back to pre covid funding levels for clubs and still make a loss

Again to what proportion of their total cost pre COVID? Are you suggesting that they are cutting more spending as a proportion of their total cost outlay despite their revenue being significantly higher than ours?

Also, where do you think the ARLC are getting money to increase funding from? They have to getting it from somewhere else in the budget. They don’t operate their own fiat currency. So again, before stating how wonderful that is in isolation, you have to work out where they are moving that money from?

Colk

First Grade
What are you on about

you said what assets does the nrl have

that was one of the assets they have not what it could be worth

How else would you judge an asset? There’s no point in raving on about an asset if at the same time you are actively reducing its potential worth. He has essentially reduced that site to nothing so Fox and Nine could have the traffic.

Wb1234

Referee
Again to what proportion of their total cost pre COVID? Are you suggesting that they are cutting more spending as a proportion of their total cost outlay despite their revenue being significantly higher than ours?

Also, where do you think the ARLC are getting money to increase funding from? They have to getting it from somewhere else in the budget. They don’t operate their own fiat currency. So again, before stating how wonderful that is in isolation, you have to work out where they are moving that money from?
There was a report on here they increased non broadcast income by a huge amount

magic in Brisbane

higher revenue from origins

more betting income

and this year are 8 million from the nsw govt to host the grand final

Wb1234

Referee
How else would you judge an asset? There’s no point in raving on about an asset if at the same time you are actively reducing its potential worth. He has essentially reduced that site to nothing so Fox and Nine could have the traffic.
Nothing huh ?

so vlandys took an asset worth potentially a billion one day and reduced it to nothing just to protect foxtel ?

like I said the afl really could use this spin right now with the week they have had

you are wasting this spin on me lol

give gill a call

Colk

First Grade
There was a report on here they increased non broadcast income by a huge amount

magic in Brisbane

higher revenue from origins

more betting income

and this year are 8 million from the nsw govt to host the grand final

You nailed why he has really been out there by News Ltd.

Colk

First Grade
Nothing huh ?

so vlandys took an asset worth potentially a billion one day and reduced it to nothing just to protect foxtel ?

like I said the afl really could use this spin right now with the week they have had

you are wasting this spin on me lol

give gill a call

How could you possibly judge it any other way?

What was the original purpose of the site, what has changed and who has it benefited?

Latest posts