What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

LeagueXIII

First Grade
They took it to market. Nobody else was interested back then

now the landscape is changing. With an average of close to 500k a game the pay tv rights would be a massive gain for anyone who gets them

and they are still increasing
No they didnt, they rushed it through and did a cosy deal with news corp while everyone was brainwashed into thinking vlandys was some sort of god

After funding the ninth team the arlc surplus is going to go up big time.

their cash reserves are going to be something crazy
time to buy an asset or 2 then maybe ,
build a stadium somewhere .. liverpool.

They approached the dogs & tigers & floated the idea of a shared venue for them that they'd build if the govt wouldn't
not a stupid idea with the coffers full

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Vlandys will wait to see what the fumblers get

then off the back of that go to broadcasters with a ninth game. They said they were going to pick the team next year for a start in 2025

so I expect an upgraded deal in 2025
You’d think a 100 million increase would be expected

if they throw in Monday night football who knows maybe 150 million with extra from sky nz

with the dolphins the nrl will be beating afl by around 25 million viewers a year

with a ninth game the gap will be 30 million viewers at a minimum

with the extra womens origin games and the revival of test march football it will be closer to 35 million

the least nrl should get is what afl gets.

then a few years later they will repeat what they did now.

add the safe team in another Brisbane team which will be funded by broadcasters then again add the risky team (nz2 or Perth …whoever misses out now)
Vlandys probably wont be around then.
What the hell does Abdo do, what sports CEO is as low profile as ours Ive never known something like this anywhere.

Wb1234

Referee
Vlandys probably wont be around then.
What the hell does Abdo do, what sports CEO is as low profile as ours Ive never known something like this anywhere.
He’s getting paid 400k

gill McLaughlin is getting paid 2 million

given the nrls finances I know which ceo is doing a better job

Wb1234

Referee
time to buy an asset or 2 then maybe ,
build a stadium somewhere .. liverpool.

They approached the dogs & tigers & floated the idea of a shared venue for them that they'd build if the govt wouldn't
not a stupid idea with the coffers full
I actually thought they should’ve bought homebush for like 350 million

i don’t think stadiums make a great return though. Especially not league where they aren’t sharing two stadia

at least they have money to invest. Afl spent all their money on gws and the suns. They might as well have put it in bitcoin

Colk

First Grade
I actually thought they should’ve bought homebush for like 350 million

i don’t think stadiums make a great return though. Especially not league where they aren’t sharing two stadia

at least they have money to invest. Afl spent all their money on gws and the suns. They might as well have put it in bitcoin

I think that it is the key thing. You have to have multiple tenants. Maybe Commbank and have the Tigers, Dogs and Parra all playing there?

Wb1234

Referee
I think that it is the key thing. You have to have multiple tenants. Maybe Commbank and have the Tigers, Dogs and Parra all playing there?
That could work

I actually think long term dogs will get their own stadium on their own. They still own the land in Liverpool they were going to build oasis on.

gould has great political connections. He will convince either the nsw state govt or federal govt to fund it.

Colk

First Grade
That could work

I actually think long term dogs will get their own stadium on their own. They still own the land in Liverpool they were going to build oasis on.

gould has great political connections. He will convince either the nsw state govt or federal govt to fund it.

In that case it should be Liverpool. Have the Tigers and Dogs play there

Wb1234

Referee
Yeh the nrl could fund that if they wanted too

my preference is they buy hard assets like a shopping centre. Pubs. Those things always go up.

leave stadium ownership to the government and councils

Colk

First Grade
Yeh the nrl could fund that if they wanted too

my preference is they buy hard assets like a shopping centre. Pubs. Those things always go up.

leave stadium ownership to the government and councils

Good call. Maybe buy some restaurants/pubs in entertainment precincts around stadiums.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Our rights went up zero $ cash from our Australian partners this latest deal, yet you think next ones are going to go up by $150mill? I'll have some of what you're drinking please!

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
If done right it won`t have to be just sporting teams playing there. A 20k - 30k stadium in Sydney`s southwest would be perfect for hosting concerts and other entertainment events.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good call. Maybe buy some restaurants/pubs in entertainment precincts around stadiums.
Its not core business, not many make money from pubs and restaurants and they are people in the trade! They'd be better either buying property for lease such as retail premises or office space, or better still buy land and build things that add to asset base but also actually improve their core business ie stadiums, training centres for state bodies, etc.

Colk

First Grade
Its not core business, not many make money from pubs and restaurants and they are people in the trade! They'd be better either buying property for lease such as retail premises or office space, or better still buy land and build things that add to asset base but also actually improve their core business ie stadiums, training centres for state bodies, etc.

You could actually buy the space that can be used for such enterprise

Wb1234

Referee
Its not core business, not many make money from pubs and restaurants and they are people in the trade! They'd be better either buying property for lease such as retail premises or office space, or better still buy land and build things that add to asset base but also actually improve their core business ie stadiums, training centres for state bodies, etc
Exactly bars/hotels/restaurants are a perfect vehicle.
With the current economic environment they could pick up some good assets cheaply

vlandys has said he wants to future proof the game so I wonder what he invests in

I’m worried the clubs or players will try and get it as a one off special grant.

Latest posts