What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NSW Origin Side

aqua_duck

Coach
Got no attack but does the basics well that NSW lacked in game 1
if he's playing 71 minutes in the middle and hitting the ball up as well as ball playing when required you really don't need much in terms of gaming attack from him.

Jurbo brings the intangibles, there is just no substitute for that at origin level

In saying that he also brought rock solid defence and a tonne of yardage last night so he is an Origin staple and should never be dropped again. Bloke is an all round king

myrrh ken

First Grade
Does Critta keep his spot? Didnt set the world on fire and complex and Trell will be returning.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I think complex will just have to be 18th man - can't carry him if we stick with 2 hookers.

If fat trell not fit, then stick with critta. Give him a few man shakes to bulk him up.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I think complex will just have to be 18th man - can't carry him if we stick with 2 hookers.

If fat trell not fit, then stick with critta. Give him a few man shakes to bulk him up.

Surely you go with Burton and Wighton in the centres if Mitchell isn't fit.

Sphagnum

Coach
Imagine if QLD lose game 3 and neither Mitchell or turbo played in any of the games. So much adversity

myrrh ken

First Grade
Surely you go with Burton and Wighton in the centres if Mitchell isn't fit.

Wighton has been used left side along with Mitchell - I think they are left handed with left foot step.

Burton is used left side for his left foot.

Crichton can apparently play both

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Suspect Wighton will come onto the bench for Talakai. Maybe Fittler will bring Mitchell in for Crichton, but depends how he goes at the weekend. It's a bit of a risk.

ALX25

Juniors
Blues centre Matt Burton has shrugged off concerns about his fitness for Origin III after sitting out training on Wednesday but NSW coach Brad Fittler may consider bringing a new player into the squad if Nicho Hynes is ruled out.

Hynes was briefly in the NSW camp on Monday but did not travel with the squad to Kingscliff as he was due to play for Cronulla in Thursday night’s match against the Storm but is awaiting a PCR test to confirm whether he has COVID.

See: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/07/06/burton-fit-to-go-as-blues-consider-hynes-replacement/

Canard

Immortal
I was confident that QLD would do the job, but having premiership winning Chad in the squad means we are done

Latest posts