What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R11 Sat - Sydney 12-32 Penrith @ SCG

Round 11: Sydney v Penrith

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Frog

First Grade
f**k you Penrith! You love playing the victim in that you are the "poor boys from the west" card. The reality is, based on personal experience, some of you are simply horrible merkins in real life! I was expecting to lose tonight...but I'll support any team playing against them!
They were the best team in the game for two years in 18-19, and I suppose the fact it didn't last forever is a bit of a shock to some. I just hope when our turn comes to drop down that we can handle ourselves a little better.

big hit!

Bench
Nice to have competition points in the bank before Origin starts though. Means you can drop a few during the period if needed.

So who will be at Origin for your lot? I've got plenty!

To'o
Crichton
Luai
Cleary
Koriasau (although Freddy will likely stick with Cook)
Martin
Yeo

Gives a few Cup and Flegg boys an opportunity, both teams going well in lower grades.

Black Panther

Juniors
Meh you believe what you want, you won the game so winners are grinners as they say. I didn't see anything from Penrith to fear come finals time if we are able to make some improvements in attack and show a bit more poise when the game was on the line. Of course we need to be more consistent with this type of performance going forward to get that opportunity in the finals.

You going on about gears or whatever won't change that point of view.
Nothing to fear from Penrith..😂😂 You do watch the games right?

The_Frog

First Grade
Meh you believe what you want, you won the game so winners are grinners as they say. I didn't see anything from Penrith to fear come finals time if we are able to make some improvements in attack and show a bit more poise when the game was on the line. Of course we need to be more consistent with this type of performance going forward to get that opportunity in the finals.

You going on about gears or whatever won't change that point of view.
The Roosters coach got one thing right. They didn't need to be 18-0 down at half time, they needed it to be 6-0 or 6-all. The reason it was 18-0 was because his side could not stand up to the pressure that was put on them, and once they folded, they folded big, as very often happens. Came back rested after half time but the game was over by then. The Roosters lacked the condition to repel the Panthers when it was a contest and the screws were tightened, but you would never write them off. Too much talent in the side.

The other notable thing from Robinson's post match is his little dig about always getting players binned against this opponent. Rather than entertain conspiracy theories against his side, he should be chewing out JWH who richly deserved to be sent. And the captain should have been right there stopping him from doing it, rather than scratching his nuts in the ingoal. All Robbo is doing is defending his player's right to mouth off at the ref, a battle he'll never win.

Last edited:
So who will be at Origin for your lot? I've got plenty!

To'o
Crichton
Luai
Cleary
Koriasau (although Freddy will likely stick with Cook)
Martin
Yeo

Gives a few Cup and Flegg boys an opportunity, both teams going well in lower grades.
I don’t think Api will be in the side; last year is going to have to count against him at some level. Maybe 18, but I could see Wighton and Hynes sharing 14/18 between

I’d love to see Critter in the team and the fact he can play left and right and anywhere in the back 5 might get him over the line. But I think Staggs is a deserved lock (Freddy loves his x-factor and Staggs has that in spades) and then it is a toss up between Campbell-Graham and Critter.

A left field selection could be Lenui. Assuming you have middles that play big minutes (Haas, Murray, Yeo and maybe Jurbo or Finucane on the bench) an impact player off the bench could be a really interesting option. Could go well in a pack of Haas, Paulo, Murray, Sims, Yeo, and a bench of Martin, Jurbo/Finucane.

So could be a few involved. Looking forward to seeing some kids get a run.

EDIT; shout out to @John Hamblin who in another thread suggested Ryan Matterson. Very good shout as he is paying well.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
I don’t think Api will be in the side; last year is going to have to count against him at some level. Maybe 18, but I could see Wighton and Hynes sharing 14/18 between
You would hope that the 18 is a player from a side that has the bye that round. That was really poor the way Api had to stand down last year just to get splinters in his arse (and lose skin elsewehere as well it seems).