What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R11 Sat - Sydney 12-32 Penrith @ SCG

Round 11: Sydney v Penrith

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
That was dragons 2010esque from Penrith in that they won by a large margin which didn't reflect the difference between the 2 teams on the night. Stay with me panthers fans, that's not a knock, that is what elite teams do. The first 30 was very even and the game was essentially decided in the last 10 of the first half when Penrith were clinical with their opportunities where the roosters weren't. Even in the 2nd half the roosters were the better team IMO but still lost the half albeit it was 2 tries all.

As far as losses go this year, that was our best performance albeit our biggest loss. It just shows how fluid the panthers are in attack at the moment as I thought our defence was quite good most of the way.

If I'm the roosters I certainly don't walk way from the game thinking the gap can't be bridged by end of season.

soc123_au

Staff member
That was dragons 2010esque from Penrith in that they won by a large margin which didn't reflect the difference between the 2 teams on the night. Stay with me panthers fans, that's not a knock, that is what elite teams do. The first 30 was very even and the game was essentially decided in the last 10 of the first half when Penrith were clinical with their opportunities where the roosters weren't. Even in the 2nd half the roosters were the better team IMO but still lost the half albeit it was 2 tries all.

As far as losses go this year, that was our best performance albeit our biggest loss. It just shows how fluid the panthers are in attack at the moment as I thought our defence was quite good most of the way.

If I'm the roosters I certainly don't walk way from the game thinking the gap can't be bridged by end of season.
Cant argue with any of that. Roosters played well, it was very good game. We were just ruthless in the first 60 minutes.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Oh dear, it seems that we’ve won again…

My night is made: Penrith won and the Liberal National Party didn’t win!

In other news; JWH is a f*cking merkin..

Smug Panther

First Grade

Lol we didn't get out of 3rd gear

GongPanther

Referee

We knew we had you done in the first 30 minutes when you were making far too many mistakes. We have bigger fish to fry next week besides the fact that we were really good tonight and this is why we went easy in the final 20 minutes.

The game overall was entertaining, but not as spectacular a contest I'd envisioned, and if that was Easts' full strength side, I don't hold much hope for them in the finals, if they make it.

Valheru

Coach
Lol we didn't get out of 3rd gear

Meh you believe what you want, you won the game so winners are grinners as they say. I didn't see anything from Penrith to fear come finals time if we are able to make some improvements in attack and show a bit more poise when the game was on the line. Of course we need to be more consistent with this type of performance going forward to get that opportunity in the finals.

You going on about gears or whatever won't change that point of view.

Fangs

Coach
I don't hold much hope for them in the finals, if they make it.

A big if. They are well off the pace.

They will get some benefit during Origin. They will be largely unaffected. I wonder if they have the starch to play their best football in the second half of the season.

Valheru

Coach
We knew we had you done in the first 30 minutes when you were making far too many mistakes. We have bigger fish to fry next week besides the fact that we were really good tonight and this is why we went easy in the final 20 minutes.

The game overall was entertaining, but not as spectacular a contest I'd envisioned, and if that was Easts' full strength side, I don't hold much hope for them in the finals, if they make it.

Lol rubbish

It wasn't our full strength side, was it Penrith's?

Speaking of hope in the finals. Is this Penrith side ever going to dominate one or will they continue to be the worst performing finals team as far as premiers go in NRL history?

Munky

Coach
f**k me, Sportsbet must have an insane budget.

That topgun rip off had pretty good cgi.

That or I've thrown down too many Philters

soc123_au

Staff member
Lol rubbish

Speaking of hope in the finals. Is this Penrith side ever going to dominate one or will they continue to be the worst performing finals team as far as premiers go in NRL history?
Ha ha. It's the same trophy no matter the margin.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Another very satisfying win because the Roosters really turned up and didn't deserve to lose by 20 points with their effort but we're just too well drilled these days.

Fun Fact: only Penrith's 2nd ever win at The S.C.G.

GongPanther

Referee
Meh you believe what you want, you won the game so winners are grinners as they say. I didn't see anything from Penrith to fear come finals time if we are able to make some improvements in attack and show a bit more poise when the game was on the line. Of course we need to be more consistent with this type of performance going forward to get that opportunity in the finals.

You going on about gears or whatever won't change that point of view.
FMD, and your point of view is a serious blinkered one with rose coloured glasses if you can't accept the fact that your team got seriously butt-f**ked again by the mighty all conquering Panthers.

Kilkenny

Coach
Lol rubbish

Take a chill pill mate. It’s what round 11.

We we’re the better side tonight, to your credit you threw at lot at us, but we prevailed in rather comfortable fashion.

Were not even at the half way point, a lot of footy to be played.

Credit where credit is due, don’t you think. Our boys were pretty good against your boys who had a real dig.

Latest posts